View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Saying hello again 

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Saying hello again
So its been... just over 6 years since I've walked the halls here. A tad quiet to when i left. Should have seen it, but guess I didn't expect an old internet stomping ground to have fallen to the side. We achieved what we set out to do, and grew apart with that. For anyone that comes upon this message effectively scratched for the next wanderer, I'm glad you found an old home for a wonderful community that was fun to be with for the time that I was.

The internet is a wonderful thing, but it shares the same faults of real places: things slow down and are abandoned all the same. Would be something to see it busy again.

Well, guess this be it again. The end of year making me sentimental. Happy holidays and a happy new year to all, peace on earth and good will toward men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4lq2WHos

"Two promotions in one day? You guys are EXTRAORDINARY!"

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:32 pm

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

As the "Display posts from 1 year ago" page keeps shrinking, it's nice to see a new one pop up.

Most of the members that were here during its last active moments have moved on to another site. I don't expect it to fit most people's tastes. Roleplays aren't for everyone, after all. If you happen to be interested, I have a link in my signature.

It's funny. A few days ago, something compelled me to check back here, but it was late at night and I was too tired to check my PC. Someone really did post! :hyper:

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, the last few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum. Feel free to join, if you're into roleplay. Or even if you're not, it's nice to see an old WMBer.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:25 am
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Re: Saying hello again
Well, guess I'll do something scarier and respond in counter to my... overly melodramatic post.

I do enjoy that you took up the mantel of keeping the place running and welcoming, even if the forum does indeed need a gravekeeper. I don't recognize you since you joined about 2 years into my 6 year... hiatus for lack of better term. Guess I just want to know how the place did since then, even if its everywhere to read. Even the beloved midnabot for chat has been retired, which saddens me for all the time I spent in there.

I know its too little, beyond late, but figure it wouldn't hurt to make a discord server for the forum. Even if symbolic, thought it would be nice. I don't know, I'm trying to write this all composed even if it is just rambling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4lq2WHos

"Two promotions in one day? You guys are EXTRAORDINARY!"

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 pm

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Back when I joined, it was still a little bit active. I'd say about a year to two years after I joined, activity ceased. It was exciting when the place had a huge stir of activity around Midna's announcement in Hyrule Warriors, but there also wasn't much of anything when the Wolf Link Midna Amiibo came out. The place was still semi active by then.

The group I previously mentioned has a Discord server, of which—hm, not as many as I thought—6 members, including me, were originally from WMB. That might count for something. We can talk in PM if for now you're just interested in joining the Discord server.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, the last few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum. Feel free to join, if you're into roleplay. Or even if you're not, it's nice to see an old WMBer.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

So, here’s my first post in — gosh, who knows how long?! Nice to hear from you, Wat! Yeah, this place has definitely seen better days. For sentimental purposes, I still keep the site up and running, but life has gotten in the way of me doing anything substantial with it. These days, I get my Zelda article-writing fix as part of the ZeldaDungeon.net staff. That’s about only four articles a month, though. I don’t have nearly enough time to run a main page as frequently as I used to.

That said, I still cherish everything we’ve done here as one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Thanks a ton for greeting people, by the way, Twi!

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]