View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Hello! ^__^ 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Hello! ^__^
I'll try remembering Asteri since we already have a Raven flying somewhere around here.

Story games, huh? Well, there's a lengthy list I can make, but I'll just leave it at Ace Attorney, Xenogears and Kingdom Hearts. And same here, it's far more interesting than TV. I don't think I've actually watched TV for about 4 years now. As for Okami...I'm not too sure about that game. I'm one of the very few people that isn't too fond of the art design. I don't hate it, it's just not my cup of coffee.

As for interests outside of gaming...I have very few. I'm a Psychology major and I definitely enjoy the topic, learning more about how the mind works. I also really enjoy anime. I don't watch it too often, but when I do, I immediately binge watch it. Other than that...I casually play Yugioh. And that's pretty much it. Video games have pretty much taken over my life since I was 3.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:18 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

(LWM doesn't want to feel left out so LWM is joining in)

Can't say I play many games either, but then again I can't really afford new games at the moment... Besides, I'm one of the people who will just go back and play the same game about 50 times over before putting it down. My games of choice are also story based Action Adventures and RPGs. Mainly Zelda, the Drakengard series and NieR, I'm trying to get into Final Fantasy, the odd spot of Pokémon (I was given Alpha Sapphire a few weeks ago and I haven't touched it yet oops), and a lot of time wasting ala Clash of Clans, Minecraft and old '95 Dungeon Keeper.

Outside of video games, my interests are... Video games. Uh.. Well, I'm studying Video Game Design right now with the hopes of becoming a concept artist. I'm currently working on my own RPG game at college and all. Aside from that, I create art, either for my game or for Zelda, I make music (for my game), and I write stories (for my game or Zelda fanfiction).

Gosh, I'm really not interesting at all.

I suppose I do have interest in things like biology, physics (mostly astrophysics), psychology, sociology, philosophy, etc, etc. I just like knowing things, I guess.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:03 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

LightWorldMidna wrote:
Besides, I'm one of the people who will just go back and play the same game about 50 times over before putting it down.

I'd like to see you do that with the Suikoden games. Suikoden 1 has incredible replay value due to the short length of the game and the fact that you have 108 characters to choose from. :D

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I do know about Kingdom Hearts, I played Chain of Memories for PS2 (Vexen was so annoying grah!) and some of 365/2 days and my brother played KH 2. I do not know much about the other games you mentioned unfortunately (little bit of Final Fantasy). I too waste a bit of my time with Rise of Berk and Animal Crossing New Leaf as well. I used to watch anime and read manga though not really any more (some series are just too long and my favorite series, D.A. Gray-Man, is really hard to get a hold of in the library).

Quote:
Well, I'm studying Video Game Design right now with the hopes of becoming a concept artist. I'm currently working on my own RPG game at college and all.

That's interesting! I'd love to learn more about your game sometime LWM. I actually find concept art to be very fascinating, to see the what ifs of some games (like Zelda).

I'm majoring in Environmental Science with a focus in biology (rather than say green energy).

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

korppi8 wrote:
I do know about Kingdom Hearts, I played Chain of Memories for PS2 (Vexen was so annoying grah!) and some of 358/2 days and my brother played KH 2. I do not know much about the other games you mentioned unfortunately (little bit of Final Fantasy).

Wait, you played Chain of Memories BEFORE KH1? O.O I can't imagine how confusing that would've been since you're expected to have played KH1 first.(CoM is still my favorite so far)

As for Ace Attorney, it's a visual novel game about Japanese courts with gripping stories and incredible humor. I adore the crap out of those games and am still bitter towards Capcom for not localizing one of them. You said you had a 3DS, right? The original trilogy is on the eShop.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:24 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Okay so my family (aka myself and especially my brother) have a very bad tendency to start a series in the middle. For example, my brother and/or I have played these series starting in the middle and never playing the first: Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Zelda Assassins Creed, Diablo, Super Smash, etc. So we are very used to picking up the story. Yes it is very confusing at first but you fill in any holes with wikis and other stuff (again kind of lame I know). Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories wasn't that bad actually because I learned a bit about the KH universe when my brother played KH 2 (yeah going backwards here...). Also for some reason I read the manga on it (not as good as the game by far but it filled holes).

I think my brother has played Ace Attorney. I'm more of a fantasy person myself, perhaps partially because I almost exclusively draw fantasy because I suck at drawing humans (hands are my worse enemy, human ears used to be too). But I may look into it. I do not have much money though :|

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:27 pm
Profile WWW

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Oh, hey!
I don't say much here nowadays since it's been a bit dull and I'm not great at sparking things, but I watch. I've been watching this and just decided you were worth swooping down on. :plot: So, I'm twilightstarr, often called Starr, hi! :rave:
korppi8 wrote:
Okay so my family (aka myself and especially my brother) have a very bad tendency to start a series in the middle. For example, my brother and/or I have played these series starting in the middle and never playing the first: Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Zelda Assassins Creed, Diablo, Super Smash, etc.

I've only played mass effect 3. I loved it, but I haven't gone back to play the others. :lol: And I've far from played all the Zelda Games. Just TP, Zelda 1, some of Spirit Tracks, and I recently got Hyrule Warriors. Generally I'm about the least Zelda-geeky person around here.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:31 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Eh I am pretty lame on the Zelda spectrum too. Most of my knowledge comes from watching my boyfriend play Zelda games (he loves the Zelda franchise too; actually got me hooked on it), talking to people, and reading things on the internet. To be honest I have yet to finish a Zelda game. =O Yes I technically didn't finish TP; got stuck in Arbiter Grounds and my boyfriend finished it for me :facepalm: (again watch people play video games like its TV). That was a few years ago. Would try to play it again but lack of time and lack of our own Wii prevents me). I'm notorious for not finishing games... :'( I really need to change that.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 pm
Profile WWW

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

It's OK, I actually haven't won a Zelda game on my own either. I got a lot of guidance from friends here and a bit of Youtube of course to get through Twilight Princess. It was hard for me. I felt stuck sooner than that and took a several-months-long rage quit. :lol: Even Star Fox... I'm known for my fanaticism for the series (somehow it's not in my profile right now) and I still haven't beat the final level of Star Fox Assault on easy.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

YAY I'M NOT ALONE!!! Yeah I got stuck in TP A LOT, especially the water temple and Arbiter grounds. My boyfriend made it seem so easy after I rage quit (I actually was a little freaked out at Arbiter grounds. I do not do well with scary theming. The bugs that get on you scared the crap out of me which is weird because I generally like real world insects...). I do wish I held out long enough to do Snowpeak ruins. That dungeon has some of my favorite Zelda music (Blizzeta's theme music is amazing!!!) and it was really cool looking. Oh well. Instead of playing the story of TP, I actually ended up fishing at the fishing hole a bunch :D

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next