View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Speedrunning 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Speedrunning
I've been getting more and more interested in speedrunning games. What do you think of the idea of speeding through a game? Originally, I considered it to be pretty stressful due to being a perfectionist, and thinking I would end up resetting over and over again and not making real progress. However, as I've been watching more runs, mainly Bizkit047's Kingdom Hearts runs, I've been opening up more to the idea of it. It seems really cool to not only figure out how exactly video games work, but using that knowledge to find the quickest path to beating it.

What are your thoughts on speedruns? And what do you think of the use of glitches in speedruns?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Kawaii incarnate

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I love watching speedruns of games I play at that moment every now and then. If you also want to speedrun you should do it of course, maybe even stream it! As with glitches and exploits, I think it's completely fine, unless ofcourse the game becomes completely broken and not really challenging to speedrun, but most of the time this results in it being a completely different run (like the exploit run on dark souls II). I'd like to speedrun myself aswell, but don't I don't really think I have the dedication and patience to do it.

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Speedrunning
At some point, I may have the dedication for speedrunning, but patience is another thing I'll need. I don't know how well I'll be able to take constantly resetting. That will happen at some point. As for glitches, I'd rather not use them and leave everything to a matter of skill. Granted, I know there are some glitches that require skill to pull off, but sometimes using glitches turns it into an entirely different game. It may be something worth trying out at some point.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]