View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101
 What games are you gaming lately? 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What games are you gaming lately?
retrolinkx wrote:
MGS3

Replaying it for the fourth time or so. (Honestly, it's not even my favourite, yet most replayed. Once on the PS2, then 360, then 3DS, now PS3.) I'm attempted a European Extreme run, which is basically low health and being seen once is automatic game over. I've already beaten The Fear which is about 30% of the game done really. I'm also trying for a no kill run as well.

I just beat MGS3 pretty recently. I don't think it's necessarily my favorite plot-wise, but I do think it's extremely replayable, especially compared to the first 2 MGS games. The only reason why I'm not is because I want to move onto MGS4.

Anyway, MGS4. I haven't played too much so far, but I can tell that this is by far the most serious game in the series. Metal Gear's always had a sense of humor while telling a serious and complex story, but so far, I know that I'm not too far in the game(I just got access to the shop) but I can't recall a single joke. There's always been something even this early on, but nope. This is going to be a very interesting journey.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:55 pm

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Most of the jokey parts come in the codec conversations, and in the late game.

You'll LOVE it though. Seriously, if you've been going through MGS consistently for the past month or so, you'll love this one to bits. It builds up and ends so amazingly.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

retrolinkx wrote:
Most of the jokey parts come in the codec conversations, and in the late game.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for that. Admittedly I don't use the codec quite as much as I want to since I usually want to get a move-on. Although, I still come across funny converstaions, like Naked Snake explaining the cardboard box to Sigint. I should experiment more often, because I did miss the conversation revealing that Ocelot is the son of The Boss.

retrolinkx wrote:
You'll LOVE it though. Seriously, if you've been going through MGS consistently for the past month or so, you'll love this one to bits. It builds up and ends so amazingly.

That's good to hear. I did get a sudden urge to play the MGS games right when finals ended. Probably not the best series to play when my brain needed a rest after finals. I was probably just crazy that day.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:52 pm

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

You should listen to codec calls whenever you can or when you're bored and fishing for information, you can miss some truly hilarious moments from the games if you don't use the codec frequently.

I assume you got the James Bond codec in MGS3, and the glowing mushroom one?

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:07 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Yup, I got both of those codec calls! :D I thought the James Bond one was somewhat amusing, but nothing too great. The glowing mushrooms convo, however, was brilliant. Admittedly, I'm a bit unsure of how I missed the Ocelot one now. I just remembered that the time in which I got the James Bond convo was in the cave. I know I talked to everyone at that point, including EVA, and supposedly that's the point in which she brings up the above point. However, I don't really remember it. Maybe I wasn't paying too much attention, or exploring the cave made me forget? Oh well, at least I know now.

On another note, I've returned to Pokemon SoulSilver to do some breeding. I'm going to be transferring my old teams to Gen V, but I want to leave behind something of them before I do so. Even though I don't need to, I am teaching them egg moves, which does involve going a bit out of my way, like getting a Pidgeotto with Featherdance. While it's not necessary, I want to see what these teams would be like if I chose to breed my team. I know it's sentimental, but when battling others, I want to use the Pokemon I had during my main journeys. Even if they're not the best.(although I'm pretty certain I won't use Fearow again when Dodrio and Staraptor do everything Fearow does and more)

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:28 pm

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴅ

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I got Yo-Kai Watch for Christmas and was enjoying it, but I didn't really get that far. I just suddenly stopped playing for no reason and haven't touched it in like two weeks. Depression is a great thing, isn't it? So the question is how long I'll be able to keep myself playing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam as I got that yesterday.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Vanadium wrote:
I got Yo-Kai Watch for Christmas and was enjoying it, but I didn't really get that far. I just suddenly stopped playing for no reason and haven't touched it in like two weeks. Depression is a great thing, isn't it? So the question is how long I'll be able to keep myself playing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam as I got that yesterday.

Sorry to hear that you're losing motivation to play those games. I've heard some people say Yo-Kai Watch was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure if I'll try out Paper Jam. I like both the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games, so I'll probably give it a look eventually.

As for me, I've been working a lot on Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. The former for my Let's Play, and the latter for my streams. I'm doing a Lv1 run of KH2 and it's been a lot of fun. I never expected Kingdom Hearts 2 to be so strategic with it's mechanics that I originally dubbed as bare. If you're playing on Standard Mode, or even Proud Mode, while you do have a plethora of options to attack enemies with, mashing X usually ended in success. In Critical Mode of Final Mix, while that was the case at several points, it did make me think more and analyze boss's patterns. On a Lv1 run? You will discover how great every single option is, and you WILL remember all of the boss's patterns. The level of thought I've been putting into the boss fights, and even the normal battles, goes beyond anything I ever expected my Standard Mode playthrough of KH2.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:43 am

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I thought I'd try and get through all Final Fantasy main titles excluding the MMO games this year. Currently on FF2, and still trudging through the uphill battle that is the original Final Fantasy trilogy.

Final Fantasy 1 was a chore of a game, but 2 improves upon some, and complete fucks with others when it comes to the game. Hoping I can finish it before the end of March.

Apart from that not much else. I'm still stuck on the final boss of Persona 2, I played Alundra for 10 minutes and I bought a PC Engine Duo to play Yawara! that a friend bought me for my birthday and I'd hardly call mashing a button in a VN I can't understand a game.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101