View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Who do you want to see on the SSB4 Roster? 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Who do you want to see on the SSB4 Roster?
I just saw the FE video yesterday and...my thoughts on it are mixed. It showed Captain Falcon returning but he was glossed over. It was like Sakurai thought "screw it. Everyone knew he was coming back, he doesn't need his own trailer." I REALLY like the Avatar's moveset(especially since Tacticians can't use Nosferatu) and it was also nice to see that Lucina was brought in. However, I'm not OK with her having Marth's moveset. It makes sense why it was given to her, but they should've at least tried to make it more like Ganondorf or Toon Link where the moves are similar but the effects were different.

Also, I read a lot of comments saying "why are they adding so many characters from a franchise most people haven't played?" My answer is in the question; because it's obscure it's best added in. There are already a ton of popular characters in the roster, so by adding in characters from obscure franchises, people will be more willing to check it out. If it weren't for Marth and Ike being in Brawl, I never would've played Fire Emblem, and it's my 3rd favorite game franchise of all-time!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I just want to see Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. Not happy at all with Lucina or Toon Link being in the game. I mean Toon Link makes normal Link look and play like crap and Lucina will probably just be a clone of Marth. Sakurai is kind of a troll at times. But back to Shulk. Why Shulk? I don't know maybe because Nintendo OWNS Monolith Soft so Shulk IS a Nintendo character. Plus it would just be sweet to see a character that is playable with that unique accent on his plus fighting with the Monado and using different arts would just be a cool thing to see.

Only issue I see with Shulk is that he's a swordsman and we got plently of Swordsmen characters already but I mean it's FREAKING Shulk. Even if he was only in one game I want to play as him because so far none of the newcomers really appeal to me besides the Mii Fighter. If Shulk is in Xenoblade Chronicles X then I think he has a better chance at being in Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Either way what FEZ said about obscure characters is true. And Shulk falls in that category.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

So along with an update on the roster I bring you all a gift, ahhaha. Someone on Tumblr asked their 6 year old sister to name out the current characters on the roster, and it turned out to be the greatest thing on this earth.

Sheik: Ninja
Sonic: Fast
Pit: Princess Angel
Ike: Great Knight

NAILED IT

Also pretty proud that even at that young age, boys and girls still know of Link. I remember dressing up with my sister as Link at that age. It was just green pillow cases and shirts and our mom's belts, but the spirit was there and I'm glad it's still in other children, too (*tears up a little*). POSSESS THE WORLD FOR ALL GENERATIONS AND PAVE THE ROAD TO NEO-HYRULE

She doesn't get Zelda though, but I guess it's since Zelda's appearance changes, whereas Link is a constant. Always rockin' that hat.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

That's cute, seeing more and more kids get into these games. The only thing I have to nerd out on is,
Reimeille wrote:
Ike: Great Knight Hero

Fixed. Great Knight is an actual class in Fire Emblem that's an armored unit on horseback. Only in FE Awakening can Ike become a Great Knight.(I think. I've never tried :P )

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
I just want to see Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles.
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
...I just noticed that Captain Falcon and Ness, two of the original 12, aren't on there! =O PLEASE at least put in Shulk! Make that one of the big reveals at E3!!
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
I seriously don't get why Shulk hasn't been mentioned yet.
Nevermore wrote:
-Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Must be you guys' birthday, because guess who just got put on the roster?
And yes. It's officially confirmed.

From Sakurai's Miiverse post: "From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain."

ALSOOOO

There has been a leak, which apparently was leaked out by the ESRB by mistake (ESRB is the video games rating system for the USA), which shows Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., and Shulk (Shulk was announced officially soon after, but the others haven't been). Considering the images are too well done to be a hoax, and that the exact render of Shulk that was used in the video turned out to be official, it's safe to assume this video is real.

From the images I have found, Ganon's sticking to his Twilight Princess duds, and Bowser Jr.'s wearing the same damn thing he always wears (a bib?). Super pissed they didn't try to grab from Hyrule Warriors, but I'm glad my homeboy is on the roster anyways.

Here's Shulk's official render, too. He also has a shirtless costume, because why not? And here'sthe link to his reveal.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~

Last edited by Reimeille on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Rei, it's possible that one of Ganondorf's alternate outfits could be HW-based, or at least something other than TP. It looks like they're going all-out for at least one outfit set per character. So, it's still possible.

Still waiting on Engineer Toon Link and/or Outset Toon Link. Nintendo pls.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:42 pm
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Spookypatrol wrote:
Rei, it's possible that one of Ganondorf's alternate outfits could be HW-based, or at least something other than TP. It looks like they're going all-out for at least one outfit set per character. So, it's still possible.

I hope so *falls to floor* I love Hyrule Warriors Ganon so much I neED IT

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:45 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Speaking of the leak, I didn't get my hopes up because of it. It could be just like the E3 leak where it turned out to be fake. Regardless, I am extremely happy to officially hear that Shulk will be in Smash 4! :rave:

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 pm

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I'm probably one of the few people here (maybe only) that only recognizes the LoZ, Mario, and little bit of Pokèmon and Kirby franchises. I have little anticipation :?

I still want Midna on the roster, though it sadly won't happen. D':

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum. At times the site is down, but if that is the case there is an active Discord server, and if you're interested in joininh then please don't hesitate to PM me. It's a lil' bit stale without some new or returning WMB members.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

KXR Chaos wrote:
I still want Midna on the roster, though it sadly won't happen. D':

You do know that she's an assist trophy, right?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next