View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Super Smash Bros. Brawl 

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Post Super Smash Bros. Brawl
So, what does anybody think of this game? I've heard allot of criticism online about this game and honestly, I can't blame them. They horribly rushed the "Assistant Trophy's" which turned into a flop. They probably had over 50 character's but had to reduce them to 30 or so. And they had to many character's from the unpopular series. I mean like, who's going to want to play with King Dedede? He's horrible! They could have just kept Kirby and Meta Knight if anything... As for the stage amount, I liked the "My Music" option in settings. Because I thought I had to keep their cruddy default music on all the times I've played! As for the custom stages, they only gave you so much to work with. Only about 12 un lockable pieces. And you can't make a cool looking stage with only 3 selections of backgrounds. And they rushed all of the 'fun' in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in the "Sub Space Emissary" which was fun at first. But afterwards what's there to do? Beat up some random throw-in Tabuu? And I think they made Ike a little hyped up. They made him have the best Final Smash, he 'had' to be superior (where's the surprise), and he was able to knock the for out of the game within 2 smash attacks. As if he wasn't bad enough in Radiant Dawn. And as for Final Smash's I personally at first thought it was pretty cool, yet when I tried them its either me always getting it. Or I end up losing the match by getting one. Well that's just my opinion on Brawl. I like that Lucario is in it and all...but such useless character's like Mr. Game & Watch? Please. He's not good if you played the game for a year!

When Midna left, she left me in shock and dismay
When Midna returns, I think of that very day
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, will they last?
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, leave me ever so fast

I do not usually write poetry, however, these words came instantly--why waste them? If you wish to converse with me, PM me with a legitimate title.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Post Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wait, what? They NEVER had 50 characters.

PLENTY of people like and play 3D, myself included.

Wait, what? Ike has the best FS? Puh-leeze, I can think of several much better than his.

Yeah, he can knock you out in three good hits, but seriously, if you let him hit you, as slow as he attacks, then you deserve it. What about hype? Nintendo did not hype him up at all.

G&W, just like any character, can be extremely good if you know how to play him.

Thanks for the Grovyle sig, DaK! I'm using it at another forum.

Consider anything I say prefaced by IMO.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:01 pm
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Please do not utterly ruin my topic. Such rudeness and criticism is not allowed. This is MY topic, no reason to flame it to death.

When Midna left, she left me in shock and dismay
When Midna returns, I think of that very day
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, will they last?
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, leave me ever so fast

I do not usually write poetry, however, these words came instantly--why waste them? If you wish to converse with me, PM me with a legitimate title.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Someone's in a bad mood. That's not flaming, that's debating your points. I like to debate.

A bit possessive of your topic, no? Regardless, how is showing my opinion on your opinion ruining the topic?

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I hate to be opinion-patrol, but that is one that you're stating like a fact.

He's actually quite powerful assuming you're good with him. His long-ranged smashes easily keep his foes at range, while his vB's superarmor will keep him from dying, even from Marth's Critical Strike. His throws have decent range, and the variability of Pikmin attacks work well as long as you're good at using vB. I prefer not to use his >B, but that's because I like flower Pikmin. One annoyance is that, just like in the game, Pikmin (other than Blue) die in the water. That makes me sad on levels like da Pirate Ship.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

I agree with you on the stage creator.....I was hoping for a TON of parts, and we could modify them in size (with a scroll bar, not small, big, bigger), and camera angle. And that we would be able to use our own pictures for the background. I also hoped that we would be able to listen to our own tunes while playing. (And I mean in-game, not just muting the TV, and using the radio XD)
On the points of Ike's FS, and "how much better Ike is," "how useless DeDeDe, and G&W are," etc, etc, I find you very very wrong. The usefulness of a character, and the character's moves, depend upon the person using them. Ike's FS, for example, is powerful, but can also be easily dodged whereas some like Ganondorf's, are not AS easy to dodge, but can still be dodged. Also, different characters require different, sometimes exceedingly so, strategies. IF one is using Fox, Meta Knight, or Marth, for example, they will most likely be using fast moves, and speedy combos. If they are using DeDeDed, Ganondorf, or Ike on the other hand, you should most likely expect powerful attacks, and mega slow/powerful combos. Also, people tend to use their shields, and evasive moves much more when using powerhouses, while people with more agile characters tend to run circles around you whilst throwing lightning fast, but weaker, blows.

*whew* So there ya go for my opinion. ^_^

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, Brawl was alright. There was no huge leap forward, and it was overhyped to death, but it's still fun. I didn't really like the Subspace Emissary at all. The only reason I played it was to unlock all the characters. And I actually like Game & Watch, if only to spam flipping bacon and his hilarious final smash. To be honest, I haven't even played the game in a month or two.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:52 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Keep it clean, kiddies ;) .

I was disappointed with Brawl too. I got it because of online play, only to find that the online play was totally nerfed. Doesn't work for me at all. Quite depressing. Also, I don't like a lot of the character additions. Dunno why the hell ROB is in there, for one thing, or Lucas if they aren't going to bring MOTHER 3 to the west. I personally like Dedede, though - he's from a long-running series and is quite popular.

Meh, it's worth the forty dollars I paid, although I actually prefer Melee. Final Smashes are very unbalancing and the Assist Trophies are just a nuisance. Here's to Midna in SSB4 :D .

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:45 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Whose specifically are unavoidable? Might be able to help you out there.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 pm
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

mario64mario wrote:
Some Final Smashes suck, mainly becuase they're unavoidable. I hate when I'm playing with someone who barely plays, and then they get a smash ball, and I'm destroyed. Or a level 1 CPU gets a smash ball, and it's all over. I should just jump off the Pictochat stage. XD

Wait... are you really losing against level one CPUs, or was that just an exaggerated example?

Also, I can help with the so-called "unavoidability" of most final smashes, too. :D Though, GM's on the forums more, so you'd better get your answers from him. For most, though, you just have to get behind the person doing the FS. Or Over, depending on the circumstances.

ANYWAY, To the main point at hand, I actually quite like Brawl. Mainly, though, due to the amazing music selection. (I was disappointed when I finally got the last song, though. Route 209, one of my favorites in Brawl now, even if it's Pokemon. Pokemon does have some good music, though... But I digress.) The added Characters were okay (Though I feel some were more deserving. Midna for SSB4!), and I actually find Olimar to be overpowered >.>. Now, most of HIS FS is pretty unavoidable.

I'm still sticking with Link, though. His Boomerang's not as strong as it used to be, but at least that's a very small change. It pulls people to you now.

ANYWAY AGAIN, Brawl's cool. In My Opinion. Don't care for the WiFI, though.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next