View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Super Smash Bros 4 Thread 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Super Smash Bros 4 Thread
Well I might as well make this since the demo has been out for a few days now. Anyway, we're finally experiencing Super Smash Bros 4 and the hype seems to be greater than ever before. I've come across people who have already done everything in the Japanese version and codes for the demo have been going around like crazy. Discuss everything about it here; your best characters, your strategies, experiences, anything.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

My cousin gave me a download code (and I couldn't use it because my SD card was too small), but I got it working the same day the demo was released for everybody... But oh well. I'm going to be taking my 3DS with me to college tomorrow and going VS. with my other hyped-as-hell buddies. And probably lose, because I've never been very good at Smash.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:48 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Super Smash Bros 4 Thread
I've been playing a decent amount of Smash 3DS so far.(they really couldn't have come up with a better name?) Link was drastically improved and out of the 5 demo characters, he and Megaman are my best.(probably Link, since Toon Link was my best in Brawl) I haven't come across too many people that have the demo, but hopefully that will change tonight at gamer's club. This is a fantastic demo, by the way. The only downside is that we get SO engrossed in it that we start to think online play is accessible with it.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I had the demo for a long while now mainly because I got the demo code's for being Platinum Member of last year. I just have to say that I invested a crap ton of time into the demo. My Activity Log says I have played 21 hours of the demo so far. Rather depressing really seeing as how the demo is so limited but I cant help myself! My main is Link and he is in the demo! Plus in the special version of the demo coins don't go away and some people speculate that they transfer over to the full version of the game. I hope this is the case cause I racked up over 11,000 coins now. That character selection screen taunts me though. Shulk is on there but I cant play as him! October 3rd! Cant wait! And the Wii U version is gonna be even better!

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, it's really taunting that they show us the starting roster. Did you notice that it's larger than all of Brawl's roster? I may not be remembering things correctly, but I believe Sakurai was expecting to have less characters in this game in order to reduce clones. Well, we have 49 characters and only Lucina comes to mind as a clone. I could be forgetting someone else.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Yeah, it's really taunting that they show us the starting roster. Did you notice that it's larger than all of Brawl's roster? I may not be remembering things correctly, but I believe Sakurai was expecting to have less characters in this game in order to reduce clones. Well, we have 49 characters and only Lucina comes to mind as a clone. I could be forgetting someone else.

Toon Link, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are also all clones. Sakurai did say about a year ago that he wanted to keep Smash 4's roster size the same as it was in Brawl but he obviously broke that idea and promise. Not that I care though as I like the larger roster even if some of them are clones. Clones allow for the game to be developed faster as the clones are just existing characters with a new paint job and stats.

And as far as clones go I don't mind them. Dr. Mario is actually one of the cooler ones simply because he was from Melee and wasn't in Brawl and is now returning. Dr. Mario is a real treat to simply because his down B special is coming back that Mario had taken away from him for F.L.U.D.D. And Dark Pit as a clone is something a lot of people are hating on which is understandable as he is seriously just a palette swap of Pit but as a separate character but people have to remember that Sakurai also made Kid Icarus Uprising, the game where Dark Pit first appeared in. So it's just a case of creators love I guess.

I'm just upset that MewTwo didn't make a return because it would have made the game just that much more like a spiritual successor to Melee! Dr. Mario is back so why not MewTwo? MewTwo even has those two Mega Evolutions from X and Y so It would have been the perfect opportunity to bring him back! I can only hope for MewTwo as DLC now...

Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I never did care too much for Mewtwo, but I've barely played Melee, so it doesn't phase me that much. However, I have played more of Melee since then and Mewtwo does feel more different from Lucario than I thought. Even so, I still don't care that much.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I simply care for Mewtwo just because I played a lot of Melee back in the day and Mewtwo was one of those characters that I played quite a bit. I don't remember Mewtwo being that good of a character either but I'd just like it if he was in Smash 4 for the reasons I've already stated. Makes me wonder if Smash 4 will have DLC. If it does it makes me wonder how much DLC there will be.

Other than that I'm really excited and glad that Link got buffed like you said. He is actually great now and isn't sluggish like he was in Brawl. His recovery has been improved including his tether recovery! They even did cosmetic changes to his moveset such as his dash attack being the jump attack and his dodge being the back flip he does in the 3D Zelda games! Really nice touch. Makes him feel more like Link. Samus is also apparently buffed! her missles apparently travel at a faster pace like they did in Melee, she's got improved tether recovery like Link and this time she can actually KO better than she could in Brawl! Samus even has a Dark Samus color alt! I personally like using Samus's purple alt color as it represents the Gravity Suit.

That actually begs the question. What do you guys do when you play as a certain character? Do you use their default color palette or do you like to use the other alts available to you? I personally like using the default alts but if it's related to something from the actual game (example : Gravity Suit for Samus) then I don't mind using alt colors.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I only go to a different color palette when there's one that really interests me. I go with the darker Meta Knight, Phazon Suit Samus, Blue Link, and that's pretty much it, as far as I can recall. I am curious as to how the palettes are going to look here. They put in a LOT of variety this time. Heck, just look at Villager's palettes! Those were impressive!(coming from a guy who hasn't played Animal Crossing)

-- Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:00 am --

I've yet to purchase SSB4 on 3DS due to the lack of a ride to Gamestop, but that will change tomorrow. In other news, the release dates for Smash Wii U have been announced. It's coming out here in the states on November 21st, and is releasing in Europe on December 5th.(payback for Hyrule Warriors, suckas! :rave: ) Also, Amiibo release dates have been announced for November 28th.(as far as I know this is confirmed for Europe only) Well, I'm really happy with these release dates! I don't have anything planned to buy in November, so this will work out really well in my case. Still, when I heard releasing at holidays, I was expecting it to be more around Christmas. Oh well, at least we're getting Smash early. :D

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:00 pm

iPunch stuff

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

21th november for US, 1st of december for EU and 2nd of december for JP, I find it hilarious that JP out of everybody get it last.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next