View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Super Smash Bros 4 Thread 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Super Smash Bros 4 Thread
I know it's late but AT LONG LAST I HAVE SSB4!!!!!!!! I've been playing it quite frequently, but not too much due to college work that's been piling up. I really like it! I have most of the challenges completed, I don't have all of the characters unlocked,(Wario is my most recent) and I've mainly been screwing around with Miis. I do have some questions for people that have been playing.

What exactly do the stats determine? This is my guess, but I want to confirm it.
Attack: Damage and launching boost.
Defense: Damage and knockback reduction.
Speed: Running rate and weight.

Also, is there an easy way to unlock the characters? In Brawl, you got them all just by playing through the Story mode if you didn't want to fight 500 battles.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I might as well say something here as I have been playing this game non stop ever since it came out. First off I must say that the roster this time around is finally balanced and viable. Pretty much any character can be viable for something like tournament/competitive play from what I've seen and played. I'm really enjoying the online play with friends despite the fact that it can lag at times. One complaint I have though is that you don't get Gold/Coins for doing everything like for example you don't get Gold when playing in For Glory or doing Stadium game modes. Not a big issue but makes me feel like doing those modes is a little bit pointless in comparison to others.

Overall though the 3DS version is lacking in a lot of areas and sort of feels like an incomplete game. It's great and fun don't get me wrong but it's not jam packed with things and stuff to do like in Melee or Brawl if I remember correctly but this honestly has to do with this being a handheld game so the play session and style is gonna be different on a handheld than on a console. If that makes any sense.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, there aren't too many modes that make you feel like you're constantly progressing. However, if memory serves me correctly the only modes that did that in Brawl were the story mode and events. Thankfully, the challenges in Smash 4 give me enough motivation. New equipment? I'll go for it!

-- Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:55 pm --

MEWTWO IS RETURNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, I personally aren't that excited about it since I don't own Melee, but I'm glad to see that the Smash developers are listening to us this much!now we just need Geno... Anyway, there was a Direct for Smash U yesterday and it seemed like it was nothing but glorious addition after glorious return! Smash Run on the 3DS version will come in the form of a board game, there was a LOT more thought put into the stages, and EVERYTHING from Brawl will be returning!(except boss battles and Story mode, but we get more Stage Builder!) I was worried that owners of Smash 3DS wouldn't feel obliged to buy a Wii U just for another Smash, but thankfully they proved me 100% wrong!!!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yes Mewtwo is returning. He will become one of my new mains when he comes out. Speaking of mains I am starting to main more characters than just my standard ones from franchises I like. I recently started playing Little Mac and oh MAN is he over powered but thanks to his recovery and air game being crap compared to other fighters one cant call Little Mac OP at all.

I have a couple of questions though for some of you people who do have the game. Do you prefer to play with the character outlines on or off? Me personally I like them off as it's easier to appreciate the character models more. When you play Smash Bros do you usually tend to use characters that suit your playstyle regardless of whether you played the game he/she is from or do you like using characters from series you HAVE played? I personally am in between the two I like using characters from series I HAVE played and ones that are particularly interesting to me for example Little Mac.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:00 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
I have a couple of questions though for some of you people who do have the game. Do you prefer to play with the character outlines on or off?

It doesn't make a difference to me, so I just keep them on.
camarosquid wrote:
When you play Smash Bros do you usually tend to use characters that suit your playstyle regardless of whether you played the game he/she is from or do you like using characters from series you HAVE played? I personally am in between the two I like using characters from series I HAVE played and ones that are particularly interesting to me for example Little Mac.

I don't really care that much. There are some characters I just like using more than others, but which series they're from doesn't really matter that much to me I haven't really used Shulk that much, but I use Ganondorf pretty frequently. Like I said, I prefer using Mii fighters since they feel more personal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REALLY should've updated this a while back. Smash U is out, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. I don't know about you, but I love the Master/Crazy Orders. All of these unique challenges for interesting rewards really press me to keep on going. Events were handled well as far as basic completion goes. I would say the challenges can be a little extreme, but if it wasn't, then it wouldn't be a challenge, now would it? As for Smash Tour...eh, I like it, but I get why others don't.

Probably the strangest thing that has happened to me is discovering my new best character. Most of you know that even though I prefer using Random for variety, my best is Toon Link. However, throughout practicing with other characters, I discovered a character that takes practice, but can be destructive. Who? Wii Fit Trainer. Yes, this character who was probably meant to be a joke has become my new best character. Her hitboxes are odd, but once you get used to them, it feels amazing!

Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:40 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

This is pretty much all I play now. To think my last forum post on Want Midna Back was November 21st. The day Smash Bros for Wii U was released in North America. But in all honestly that isn't what is keeping me away from this place and if I should talk about it I wont talk about it here as it goes off topic. As for Smash 4 I've pretty much now established my mains and secondaries in terms of characters I use.

My mains go as follows ; Link, Samus, Shulk, Zelda, and Olimar

My secondaries go as follows ; Ganondorf, Little Mac, and Pit

As of late I've been thinking of secondary Donkey Kong just cause he's a meme in itself with the whole Expand Dong thing. Not to mention DK has a somewhat bad recovery which is a challenge but I like a challenge. That's why I took on the challenge of getting good with Zelda and MAN is Zelda ever good in Smash 4. She can kill with so many different moves it's ridiculous. Little Mac is also a fun character to play if you are up for a challenge as he's such an easy character to counteract. For example if you are playing Little Mac and you are fighting Mario chances are they will use the cape or FLUDD to prevent you from getting back on stage. It's all about match ups really and Little Mac has some bad ones.

I just hate it when people say Little Mac is OP as he's so easy to counteract as I just said. He's not a character you can just pick up and be good with either but that can be said with any character. Either way I have a lot to contribute to this topic now. Well see how it goes.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
I just hate it when people say Little Mac is OP as he's so easy to counteract as I just said. He's not a character you can just pick up and be good with either but that can be said with any character.

Honestly, all characters can be countered once you know what you're doing and what your opponent's strategy is. That's why Toon Link was my old main: his quick combat and arsenal of projectiles can counter anything as long as you know what you're doing. Heck, that's why I struggled with Wii Fit Trainer in the beginning: her moveset is so odd you're not sure what to do. Sheik is apparently being considered a god-like character for some reason. I sucked with Sheik in Brawl, it hasn't really changed that much even with the new moves, and whenever I'm up against Sheik I kicked her ass. Tiers are pretty meaningless to me when you know what your opponent is doing.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:44 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yes the countering thing is true but what I was trying to get across with Little Mac is that he is even more easy to counter compared to nearly any character in the entire roster simply because you can just throw him off stage and hit him off stage and jump back up again. A good example would be using Link's Neutral Air while Mac is trying to jump back up.

Tiers are sort of meaningless this time around in Smash 4 as like I said before nearly every character is viable. I mean there really isn't a single bad character. I don't know what's so good about Sheik but if there is one God character people are talking about right now it's Diddy Kong. Diddy can combo like crazy and not to mention he's also very light and fast, something that is always a plus in Smash Bros.

Besides characters and match ups and whatnot I'll take the time to talk about some other features within the new Smash Bros particularly the amiibo. I'm gonna get one thing across. I FREAKING LOVE amiibo. I already have four of them and the best part is they make fierce sparring partners. I just very recently got my Link amiibo to level 50 and I taught him to play exactly like how I play my Link and MY GOD. He plays like me! Nearly identical but with some of his own quirks to boot. But if there is one thing I want to get out of amiibo is being able to use them online with friends. I mean you know how cool it would be to host a doubles tournament where each person has an amiibo for a partner? Sure you can do that in real life no problem but if you don't know many people IRL with Smash 4 and an amiibo then it really isn't going to go well.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
I just very recently got my Link amiibo to level 50 and I taught him to play exactly like how I play my Link and MY GOD. He plays like me! Nearly identical but with some of his own quirks to boot.

Are you sure about that? From what I've seen, the Amiibos are designed to play the best way AGAINST your playstyle. For example, when I was fighting my Link Amiibo with my Brawler, he decided to use projectiles and keep his distance. ...and that's it. He tries to stay as far away as possible. He even leaves the stage trying to get away from the opponent!!! =O

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Not sure if any of you heard but last week there was a leak circulating the internet of a leak that Rayman was gonna be a DLC character. The leak actually used a render of Rayman for the character selection screen that people could not find a direct source of anywhere. Which led some people to believe the leak was real. I'll admit I was even fooled. Interestingly a day later the leaker straight out came and said. "Hey guys, it's not real." The guy even posted a video of how he MADE the leak. It's very interesting. If you like graphics software and such you probably will find the video interesting to watch.

Overall? I'm glad Rayman isn't actually going to be in the game. Especially after with how Ubisoft stopped supporting Nintendo. And yes I know Rayman isn't Nintendo. Only Nintendo characters can be in Smash Bros right? Well not exactly. Sonic, Megaman, and even Pac-Man are in Smash 4 all of which are 3rd Party Characters. Besides there is also a Rayman trophy in Smash 4 to begin with interestingly. Anyways I thought that I might as well share this for any of you who possibly missed this interesting occurrence of events. Now people wont believe a leak ever again it might seem....

Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next