View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Super Smash Bros 4 Thread 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Super Smash Bros 4 Thread
Yeah, I saw it. It was interesting and honestly, it tempted me into buying Rayman Legends. Unfortunately while I was waiting for my Digital Deluxe Promotion money to come in from AC IV(I forgot that it ended) I ended up forgetting to purchase the game and it's no longer on sale. I don't want to pay $40 for it, so oh well.

When I told myself that Smash 4 is Brawl but better, I wasn't kidding. I just played Brawl again and it just doesn't feel the same anymore. The controls suddenly feel kind of choppy compared to what Smash 4 gave me. Man, did it spoil me. Now I only see myself playing Brawl for Subspace Emissary nostalgia.

-- Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:47 am --

Mewtwo will be returning by the end of the month!(middle if you registered for Club Nintendo :P ) And that's not all! Lucas is going to be a playable character soon! He's estimated to be returning in June. I'll be honest: I did not expect him to come back despite the huge demand because his specials are already here as Ness's custom moves. However, it looks like they listened, and I'm glad! I was better with Lucas than Ness, so that'll be fun. Also, the best part is that the Smash team is now directly taking requests!
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
They said to only vote once, and I did some testing and apparently they didn't do some form of IP limiting to prevent double-voting. I did vote twice, but only because I couldn't decide between Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101. Normally I would've voted for Midna, but I don't see her getting in as long as she's an Assist Trophy.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:53 am

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Also, the best part is that the Smash team is now directly taking requests!
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
They said to only vote once, and I did some testing and apparently they didn't do some form of IP limiting to prevent double-voting. I did vote twice, but only because I couldn't decide between Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101. Normally I would've voted for Midna, but I don't see her getting in as long as she's an Assist Trophy.

I've been debating on who to vote for. I really REALLY want Midna to be a playable character but like you said, its highly unlikely with her being an Assist Trophy (maybe Twili version? I know spoilers but still please?!). Other than Midna, I would want Amaterasu from Okami. She would be a really cool character I think with a unique fighting style.

I am excited for the DLC stuff. Perhaps they will make a fused shadow Mii hat (hoping). It will be interesting on whether they will do something like this again in the future.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Last edited by korppi8 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Eh, I decided to vote for Midna anyway. Yeah, the chances aren't very likely, but I figure we should at least show our passion and see if that does anything. Besides, we can make it Midna & Wolf Link similarly to Duck Hunt and the duck.
EDIT:And it turns out that I can't make another submission now! I was able to after the Direct, but it looks like they fixed that in time. Dammit.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 pm

ilvl 684 Neckbeard

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

About the Midna not going in because she's an assist trophy, can't they just replace the assist trophy? Just put someone else there and make it a reskin?

Flames are similar to life. Starts out blooming and invigorated, then inevitably ends up as just a charred husk

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:01 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Eh, I decided to vote for Midna anyway. Yeah, the chances aren't very likely, but I figure we should at least show our passion and see if that does anything. Besides, we can make it Midna & Wolf Link similarly to Duck Hunt and the duck.

Yeah I probably will to, maybe this weekend. Perhaps enough votes for her may at least get some Mii gear or if we are really REALLY lucky, her as a playable character. I am doubting that though as much as it pains me. It might convince Nintendo to consider bring her back in other forms. Seems to have worked for Hyrule Warriors at least partially (I mean we got both her imp and Twili form!)

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
And it turns out that I can't make another submission now! I was able to after the Direct, but it looks like they fixed that in time. Dammit.

D': That's too bad. Who else did you want to vote for?

Eclipse wrote:
About the Midna not going in because she's an assist trophy, can't they just replace the assist trophy? Just put someone else there and make it a reskin?

Hmm that's a possibility but who else could they use? She offers unique help as an assist trophy in which I don't know who they would replace her with.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:05 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Eclipse wrote:

Because replacing the Assist Trophy would make their previous work null and void, which is the last thing any game designer would want. With Midna paired up with Wolf Link, there would be at least SOME uniqueness to it.
korppi8 wrote:
D': That's too bad. Who else did you want to vote for?

I was going to vote for Midna, but now I can't.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I voted for Midna. That's even what I had in mind when they announced this news. :P I don't think her being an assist trophy is an issue either because even IF she did become playable most people don't use items only casual noobs use items. And even if you were using items they could just make it so Midna doesn't come out from an assist trophy if she was in play. I'm being a bit to hopeful here even though I know the chances are slim to none but hey it's cool that they are doing this ballot thing as Nintendo never listens to fans and now it seems they are changing that.

But just watch I bet like 60% of the votes are gonna be Shrek or something stupid. But most likely they will put in more clones or veteran characters from Melee or Brawl examples being Wolf, or even Young Link from Melee. Why do I say this? Simple really, it's because they wouldn't have to take a long time developing these characters as they have been in smash before so their movesets wouldn't take much thought at all. Not to mention Lucas is coming back and he was a clone in Brawl.

I'm just rambling now but what Korppi said about them making costumes for the Mii fighters based off Midna would be also nice. Theres a Fused Shadow hat in Animal Crossing City Fold and New Leaf so it would be cool to see a fused shadow Mii fighter hat in Smash 4. Even though I'm not a big fan of the Mii fighters that's something I'd still like to see!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I voted for Midna, and since I switch between two different houses almost daily (two IPs) I voted for her twice.

Spoiler HTML code

First submission

Spoiler HTML code

Second submission

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Mmmmm Korppi Amaterasu would have been cool as well.

I voted for Banjo and Kazooie. I even wrote a long description as to why they would be perfect. I ran out of the allowed characters in the description box XD

Other than them I would have liked to see the Palicoes from Monster Hunter. But I'm only voting once.

Here's something interesting, though, that kinda shows that not everyone wants just veteran characters like Camaro believes (although I agree that a lot of people will want to see more people returning, which is a bit silly at this point).

http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/60937/who ... bros-games

Due to the fact that Mewtwo, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco, Ike, Ness, and Meta Knight made it in already, that eliminates a ton of the returning guys people asked for. Honestly, a lot of the top choices (and some of the lesser choices) were covered upon the release of the game. So I feel like the other characters that would be considered "returning" that people seem to be asking for (at least on Dorkly) won't be repeats.

I know Ridley is really frequently asked for. Banjo and Kazooie (who, again, I voted for) are pretty up there as well on a lot of sites (really high on Dorkly!), and, well, Snake isn't likely to happen due to why he wasn't in the original roster to begin with.

So, yeah. I don't think many people are likely to make requests for returning people, and while there's always going to be the pranksters who ask for stupid crap, it won't be enough people to really make a huge difference among the people who are voting seriously.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

So, uhhh... I got the game. I went into town with my housemates today and saw it in the window of a pawn-shop type place with the price covered, so we went in to ask, which gave me a chance to puppy-dog-eyes one of my housemates into buying it for me, since it was cheaper than anywhere else... So long as I promise to pay her back later.

Thing that gets me is that it's still in the cellophane wrapper! Someone clearly didn't want it. But you know what they say, give to the needy...

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next