View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Favorite Custom Moves 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Favorite Custom Moves
Custom moves seem to be what's going to make Smash 4 stand out during tournaments, assuming people don't find so many abusive strategies with them like Pikachu's infinite stun combo. I don't have all of the custom moves yet, but quite a lot of them, and I've been really enjoying them. What are some of your favorite custom moves so far?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I don't really use custom specials. Some of Donkey Kong's custom specials are great. (With one being banned for God tier super armor.) I'm also a big fan of Ganondorf's Warlock blade special custom, it's not as good as the regular neutral be for Ganondorf but it goes farther thats for sure. And hey! He finally gets to use a sword!

Tue May 19, 2015 1:12 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Custom Moves
I have a few favorites. One is Palutena's Lightweight, which does exactly what it sounds like. She runs faster and jumps higher. Normally, Palutena can get some decent down-throw combos in low to mid percents, but she's unable to reach during high percents. Lightweight fixes that. She'll be able to chain combos together even at over 100% due to her greater reach. On top of that, jumping towards an airborne opponent and killing them with up-air is so satisfying. Villager's Timber Counter is also great. The seed makes people trip. That's a brilliant setup for smash attacks. On top of that, on some stages like Omega Windy Hill Zone the seed can blend in with the stage! I had so much fun with that. :rave:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Tue May 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

This thread says favorite custom moves but I'm going to be honest. I dislike Samus' custom specials. Most of them are useless/inferior to the default specials, this might be because I haven't experimented to much with them but really they are pretty bad. Link's custom specials are pretty cool. I especially like the meteor bombs and electric spin. Meteor bombs are cool because they have a meteor effect hence the name, and the electric shock really reminds me of how Link was in melee and brawl, where his up b didn't recover as far as it does in Smash 4. Of course I still prefer default Link. I prefer all my characters with the default specials. But that's just me.

Fri May 22, 2015 1:39 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Custom Moves
Another one of my favorites is Mega Man's Hyper Bomb custom replacing the Metal Blade. I find it so ironic that I'm not too fond of Mega Man's most powerful weapon from his games, yet I really like what is quite possibly the worst weapon of the Mega Man games. The Metal Blade can be fired in all 8 directions, but the lack of power and predictability make it useless to me. The Hyper Bomb, on the other hand, is really good due to the ability to aim it wherever you want. It can also be thrown in all directions, and I find that to be REALLY useful for edge-guarding, or playing mind games. Sometimes I have Mega Man throw the bomb down while he's grounded so that players rushing to get over the arc that the bomb usually has will instead run straight into it.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]