View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New Smash Modes 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post New Smash Modes
As I'm sure most people have heard, along with new characters, new modes are being planned to be added to Smash 4 as well. This means we could see something like Adventure Mode from Melee make an appearance. What kind of mode do you think should be added in? For one, I suspect that tourney will be added. There were even voice clips from the announcer recorded in the game's data such as "tourney" and "the champion is...". I'm pretty sure that there will be a tourney mode added. However, I think it's going to go all the way up to 64 people. It's probably just me guessing, but Brawl had 32, so I can see them adding more.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Sakurai even mentioned lately that he plans to add new game modes through DLC. Miiverse Stage and the Tourney mode are a given, they were announced last year before the game was even released if I recall correctly. Honestly I don't want to see any new modes added to the 3DS version of the game. My reasoning for this? It's simple, it's a handheld version of the game so you are going to be playing it in bite sized portions, if you want the full experience go play on the Wii U version.

I'd really love to see an expanded version of Smash Run on the Wii U version. I'm not a big fan of Smash Tour, in fact I dislike it very much. Just give us some kind of adventure mode or something! (Something like Melee's adventure mode would be killer!)

Tue May 19, 2015 3:00 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: New Smash Modes
I've actually never played Adventure Mode, mainly due to not owning Melee. I'm not all too sure what it's like. It seems like you just run around and fight enemies. I would like to see it. I'm sure there will be 3DS exclusive modes so that people will have more incentive to buy the 3DS version as well as the Wii U version.

As for what else there should be, I've been thinking of a boss battle mode like in Brawl. We already have a few bosses in the stages, so it would be interesting to give them a mode to themselves, alongside some returning bosses from Brawl and even some new ones. I think a mode where you fight the Yellow Devil, Ridley and Metal Face would be nice, but I'm not sure who to include as extra bosses.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Tue May 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Regarding the bosses, that's a great idea. I was completely stoked to see that Metal Face was in the game, such a badass and lovable villain. But seeing as how I mostly just play on Omega and tourney legal stages, I rarely ever bother to see Metal Face or Ridley for that matter. I remembering reading somewhere on the internet where someone suggested that it would be cool to have a game mode where you can play as the bosses against other bosses. Sounds strange right? But it sounds like an amazing idea on paper. PLAYABLE RIDLEY. That is all...

Fri May 22, 2015 1:23 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: New Smash Modes
That actually reminds me of the Melee glitch where you could control Master Hand. That'll be fun to see fully realized. Honestly, while this isn't new, I would like to see a modified version of Smash Tour. Even though I do enjoy it, I do know that there are plenty of problems with it. First off, I'd like to see an even bigger board, so we don't end up fighting TOO often. Second, there needs to be something that gives us some control as to what trophies we obtain. I do think there should be some element of randomness, but not to the point where we can't strategize. Third, I don't think characters should lose fighters so often. The way I see it, only the character in last should lose their fighter. Personally, I think the final battle of Smash Tour is too short, and I think more characters will make it more interesting. On top of that, the gap between the amount of characters in 1st and 4th place is just too massive most of the time. I often find myself with 10 fighters while one character has 0. I think this would eliminate the problem.

Fri May 22, 2015 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]