View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Usergroups - Now in Technicolor! 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Usergroups - Now in Technicolor!
Oh, alright. In any case, thanks, FreezeFlame. 'Tis appreciated.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

A person to talk to or tell any of your ideas to.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Yitik wrote:
OK, they're up. I think I did everything right, but if you see anything that doesn't seem like it should be there, let me know. You can look in your profiles and see what groups you're a part of now; if you see a group that you feel you should be a part of but aren't, let me know about that as well. Not everyone is in a group, only those who have contributed to WMB in some form (i.e. images in the Mass Email, songs, money, etc.)

Anyway, you can Mass PM a group, and the groups look pretty now too. We might do more with them in the future (if you have any ideas, feel free to post them). You also need to be in a usergroup to access the Covert Projects subboard, which isn't used that often, but when it is, it's usually to give some offer to contributors to the WMB initiative.

Administrators
The Administrators are who keep everything running smoothly, from quality control in the forums to behind-the-scenes work on WMB. In short, we own the deed to your existence. Uh...don't ask to become an admin XD . It won't happen until either bizarre circumstances arise, or we become massive.

Former Staff Members
Members who have worked behind the scenes on the site, but have left for various reasons. These users have previously served as Administrators, Global Moderators, and Web Designers. While former admins and moderators have been removed from their groups, they still have the same permissions as an admin or mod.

Global moderators
The mods of the forum keep the place clean. While they don't have the intricate access the admins do, they have the capability to edit and delete posts, warn, and even ban users. Their job is to make sure we look good on the outside, so although they're here to contribute and have fun just like everyone else, make sure you show that extra bit of respect when they're carrying out their modly duties. Glomods are another group you shouldn't ask about joining. If we need someone, we'll find them. Asking about it just shows immaturity and lowers the chance that you'll be chosen to be the next GloMod.

Graphic Artists
Our graphic artists use programs such as Maya or Photoshop to create vivid images and models that we use.
If you want to become a Graphic Artist, you must show proficiency in the area, as well as your ability and willingness to use your skills for the sake of our projects. For instance, creating a Midna model, or giving a consistent stream of varied quality works including wallpapers, banners, and logos. We also have a CafePress shop that you might be able to donate to, and smilies are also nice B) .

Hand Artists
Want Midna Back has a number of proficient sketchers and painters. If they've donated some of their ability to the site and movement, you'll find them here. To become a Hand Artist, like most other groups, you must show that you have abilities that go beyond that of the casual doodler and that you're willing to put those abilities to use for us. A great place to start would be to donate some of your Midna or Legend of Zelda art to our CafePress store, found in the Fan Art section.

Investors
This is the group of people who have donated $10 or more financially to the Want Midna Back movement. Anyone can be a part of this group, but it takes a different kind of fandom altogether to fork out your well-earned cash.
Like the description says, if you wanna be an Investor, you've gotta donate. Check the Donation thread in the Announcements board for details.

Musicians
These are the musically talented members of Want Midna Back, and have contributed using their creativity and skill. WMB is currently working on a couple CDs. Check out the "Compilation CD" thread in Initiatives for more info. If you can help with that, you'll happily be accepted into the Musicians group.

Web Designers
This group is at the heart of the movement. They keep the site running and updated and filled with the content each other group provides. Without them, we'd be a measly compilation in the middle of an ad-ridden host.
We do actually need more Web Designers. Currently, it's just Yadda (who's generally not actually here), and Kyle, who I'm sure would appreciate the help. WMB's site needs a lot of work; we need frames, newsposts, and new sections. We'll soon have music and videos that we'll need to host and upload. If you have experience with web design, by all means, give us a shout!

Writers
Whether it be a few heart-wrenching stanzas, or an explanatory paragraph informing WMB and the fan community alike, there's always more that can be written. That's what this group is for. A lot of people seem to think that the Writers group is the way to easily get on our good side. It's not as simple as writing a poem, though; we only take those who can be considered notorious for their consistently good contributions to our Fan Art section. Writers are trusted to write newsposts on our homepage, and are also our first choice for such projects as the Testimonials. There are many things that need to read impressively, so, like our artists, they never really know what they'll be needed for next.

I LOVE FLORA AS MUCH AS MIDNA!!!!!!

notterribleivan wrote:
Granted. I somehow revive MidnaImp's locked threads.

I wish it was less humid.

Twist wrote:
...He hasn't even posted yet. And this is the Happy Birthday thread. What are you doing? :?

-- 22 Jul 2014, 14:42 --

EDIT: Wait, I actually understood what you said this time! Ok, nevermind. Still, better to reply to his welcome thread than here.

Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Well, thanks to midnaimp, this thread was brought to my attention, and I would like a request. I'm an amateur guitarist and was seeking admission to the musician user group. If something of mine needs to be heard, I could post it to Voocaro (I hope that's spelled right), anyway, just get back to me whenever you can

Fri May 02, 2014 3:37 am

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

The way you get into a group is you post something related to the cause. So, say you write a song about Midna, or cover a song from Twilight Princess, you'd be able to get into the Musician's group. Because Rare's been away so much, nobody has changed groups recently. I'll ask him about it, because Spooks for sure needs to be put into the Graphic Artist's group.

Fri May 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

LightWorldMidna wrote:
So, say you write a song about Midna,
By the way, does writing Fan Fics already suffice for the Writers group? I guess it isn't really that easy, is it?

Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, it does. As I said, Rare's been away a lot. I've PMed him about adding you to the Writers group, don't you worry :)

Fri May 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I have that one thread that has Zelda tabs on it, granted, nobody's looked at them, bu nonetheless, their there

Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

omegabrand2770 wrote:
I have that one thread that has Zelda tabs on it, granted, nobody's looked at them, bu nonetheless, their there

Ah, right, sorry, I didn't notice that. Right, you're on the list I sent to Rare :)

Fri May 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

omegabrand2770 wrote:
granted, nobody's looked at them,
Actually I had a look at them, but the only instruments I have ever played are the virtual ones in Guild Wars 2 which are played with the 10 number keys, so I didn't really understand what you were writing in this thread :P

Fri May 02, 2014 5:21 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Project Alice wrote:
omegabrand2770 wrote:
granted, nobody's looked at them,
Actually I had a look at them.

Same here, but I have no guitar experience so I can't tell what you're making. You have a youtube account, right? Why not just upload a video of you playing the music?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Fri May 02, 2014 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next