View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 New Usergroups, Avatars, and More 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

There's gon' be some changes 'round here.

Now that I've officially gone mad with power, I've made some additions to the forums!

New Usergroups:

Please note! These lists are incomplete. Although I consulted Rare to help compile the lists, it's possible there are some deserving people who were overlooked, or even some people listed that shouldn't be. If you believe you should be in one of these, or see someone that shouldn't, please let me know (with good reasoning), and I'll correct the list.

Project Starters

This group recognizes any member of WMB who has contributed a serious project to the site. This ranges from major art projects to movements, site activities, etc.

Members:

LightWorldMidna
Reimeille
Spookypatrol
centralservices
blcman
Rare Addict

Undying Advocates

This group recognizes any member who has been an active participant of WMB for a great deal of time. To qualify, you have to have been a member for a while, and at least be reasonably active still. Basically, old-time supporters who are still stubbornly refusing to let WMB fall. :P (This is an organic usergroup, meaning you can and will be added or removed if you qualify or lose qualification.)

Members:

maccollo
Silvs
Rare Addict
TheSkyIsUp
Reimeille
Foxtrot813
Vanadium
Cryzeu
LightWorldMidna
Twist
camarosquid
FEZeldalord12345
twilightstarr

A shiny new avatar gallery has been added to the forums! To use it, visit your profile settings where you'd normally go to change your avatar. There will be a link at the bottom to the avatar gallery.

If you wish to contribute an avatar to the gallery, please post your art in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5435

If your avatar does not meet the avatar dimension requirements, I will scale it down for you if possible.

Enjoy it!

New User Rank (7500 post count required):

Edit: Twist graciously declined his custom rank, but gave the excellent idea of making it the 7500 post-count rank. So, future Post Masters, you now have a new goal!

Finally, here's to Twist! For being such a persistent bugger, he's earned himself a custom User Rank! Congrats, Post Master! May everyone bask in your insane-post-activity glory.

Spooky out.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 am
Profile WWW

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post Re: New Usergroups, Avatars, and More
Mad with power. Meh, figures.

I have always imagined myself with an absurd amount of power to control things/others, but not with the desire for control. Well, thats Chaos for you.
Almost literally my definition of Chaos.

Congrats Twist! I was waiting for you to gain some custom badge along the line of posting.

EDIT: I can imagine a negative usergroup for all of the Lurkers in which is automatically removed upon their first post. That is, if they ever do.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay site.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:47 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

It's great but...did you intentionally make me an admin? Seriously, I can see a lot more buttons I usually couldn't. I'll avoid them until you reply.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:48 am

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
It's great but...did you intentionally make me an admin? Seriously, I can see a lot more buttons I usually couldn't. I'll avoid them until you reply.

Erm, well. This is a bit of a chuckle. I doubted it was intentional so I went ahead and had a look at removing it, buuuut... It looks like only Yitik or maybe a Founder can do. Which I don't think any of us are...

Yep, I just found a button that ever so nicely says 'Remove from this group' and it just tells me I don't have permission to mess about with the group. Well, whoops.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
Rare can promote people to admin so maybe he was behind it.

No, I'm pretty sure Spooky did it. Right after she changed my username color, I was able to see more on the main page.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:05 am

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Pretty sure any Admins can make other Admins. We're like vampires. But it's telling me I can't fiddle with the group itself, which is lead by Yitik, so Yitik would be the only one who has the antidote. This seems like a perfect time to re elect leaders for groups, y'know, some who are actually here to do the thing.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 am

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

^ I'm actually pretty curious about this as well, and have been for a while. I remember reading somewhere that you get certain practical features from some usergroups, but I've never really known what.

About the new usergroups, they're nice additions for sure. The userbars look really good too, and I quite like the new colors. Not really sure if I deserve to be an Undying Advocate though, haha. I've been a member here for more than 2 years now and I only got about 400 posts. I've never really been super active. I don't mind though, so if you guys think I'm fit to be in the group, that's fine by me. ^^

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:35 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

There used to be forums where only members of the usergroups could post, but it was decided they were too exclusive, so those permissions were opened up for everyone. Now they do just that - make your profile look good.

And Cry, you're considered an Undying Advocate more because you kept coming back and posting now and again. Most people just stopped visiting, really :)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 am

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Twist: Undying Advocate probably is an "organic" rank that can be earned or lost, yes. We don't have any, so why not? It's more for people who we think qualify as "persistent," who have been here for a reasonable amount of time (even if that time is only a little over a year or so) but are still active enough to qualify. It's based more loosely on feeling I guess... whoever has been here a shorter period but is really active (but still probably a year+), or whoever has been here ages and still at least contributes.

As for Project Starter, I'll add those peeps in now. I asked Rare about giving it to him and he wasn't confident receiving it, but if you guys think he should have it, too, I'll sneak it in :P

Now, to the custom rank... Yes, you did get it for doing what others have done in regards to a high post count, but it's not what you've done as much as *how.* You are noteworthily active, to the point that Undying Advocate does you no justice, hah! But, I'm in no place to have you keep a rank you do not want. If you really, really don't think you deserve it (I think you do), I will add it as the 7500 post counter. If you're willing to keep it, I will create a new 7500 post counter, happily.

Fez: Now! This is a much more important issue. The thing is, when I created both of these new usergroups, I set their permissions identically, set no group leader for either one, and based them off the "Graphics Artist" permissions, meaning you should have no extra permissions. I double-checked in the ACP now and on my end it says everything is perfectly fine. You have regular group permissions, not mod or admin permissions, so I'm not certain what went wrong. What buttons are you seeing?

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Spookypatrol wrote:
Fez: Now! This is a much more important issue. The thing is, when I created both of these new usergroups, I set their permissions identically, set no group leader for either one, and based them off the "Graphics Artist" permissions, meaning you should have no extra permissions. I double-checked in the ACP now and on my end it says everything is perfectly fine. You have regular group permissions, not mod or admin permissions, so I'm not certain what went wrong. What buttons are you seeing?

I am able to see the moderator panel, administrator panel, quick mod tools, warnings, administrating, and much more information about people in the Who is Online page. I haven't clicked on any of them because I didn't want to go anywhere I shouldn't be. I saw this on Who is Online almost immediately after my color changed, and I thought the forums glitched out and anyone could see them, so I immediately logged out.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next