View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Want Midna Back Testimonies 

~Dez Chilli~

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

So. Here it is. It's 2018, this site hasn't been active since 2015, and there was about 7 topics made in the entirety of 2017. The final few of us are still holding on to that little shred of hope that the next time we try to log on that we aren't going to get an error message saying that we truly lost this place.

So maybe this is a lost cause, maybe not. Maybe no one is even gonna see this. But if you happen to come back to reminisce, I wanna hear your memories of being here. This site started through everyone's testimonies of how midna touched people's lives, and it would be really cool for the end to bring every back to say how this community touched their lives.
I've been a member since at least 2009 or 2010, and I've lurked here ever since. I've seen so many people come and go, played forum games and saw everyone's art. I can't even begin to explain what this site has meant to me over the years.

I didn't post a whole lot, I was mostly shy for a long time. I did post every now and then. But the community here has always made me feel like I wasn't alone. Over the years I've been through so much crap at such a young age, I didn't have anyone in my life. This site was all I had. I felt like everyone here were my friends and I was so fond of everyone. When life kept knocking me down I knew I could escape here for a little while.

There wasn't a lot of people in my life that shared my love of zelda games, none of my friends played it, not that I had many to start with. I was so shy and I had been through so much more than anyone of them could have related to. So here I found people that I knew I had something in common with every single person I saw. Want midna back was a community of people that didn't judge you, that you never ran out of conversation with, and that shared your love. I could honestly start crying thinking about it. I remember playing "Ban the user above you" and reading everyone's testimonials about how midna and the community had changed their lives. I remember the origination of the midnahol joke and playing the "corrupt a wish" game.

One thing I never did was contribute to the original testimonial. So here it is. To me, Midna isn't just my favorite sidekick for link. She represented that entire era of my life when twilight princess was popular, the summer my two best friends in the world came to live with me. I fell in love for the first time at 13 years old with him, and we spent our summer days playing twilight princess at my dad's house. It was the first time in my life that things felt really okay, and that I was really happy. We'd compete to see which one of us could beat the game first, but really watch the other play and give tips to nudge the other along. Midna was a character I could relate to, being surrounded by darkness. If she and Link should could overcome it so I could I, right? Maybe I used Link and Midna as a metaphor for myself and him, I saw him as my protector that would always be there for me just like Link was for her.
I lost him at the end of that summer, because I was taken away by social services. I haven't seen him since that summer of 2010. Twilight princess went from being my safe place with my best friend to something I couldn't even look at for a long time because it hurt too much. Then it became the only memory of the best summer of my life. To this day it serves as my fondest memories of nintendo, this website, and my tiny family.

If anyone got through all that, thanks for reading.
I'll still be lurking here until I can't anymore. I'm still willing to do anything to revive this site, even if that means changing everything. So if you ever catch yourself filled with nostagia, PM me on facebook, I'd love to chat.

All of the love,
Maximum Ride, aka Destanie Chilli

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:09 am

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I feel you dude. Seems kinda of stupid to have nostalgic feelings for a forum or even a character in a video game, but hey here we are.

I wrote my testimonial a while back, but even I can't remember what my 15/16 year old self thought. I do know that when I saw Midna, something changed inside me. Something about her was so interesting and mysterious that I'd shiver whenever she'd talk in the game. This forum was something I joined due to that, even if I felt like seeing Midna again might've been difficult to an impossible task.

Hell, even if I don't post a lot or have a lot of fond memories of this place. I was here, and I did stuff. Here's hoping this place won't leave us anytime soon.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]