View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Article Writers Needed 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

This may or may not be more appropriate as a thread in the "Site" forum, but I figured I'd start here. One of our primary goals with WMB 2.0 should be to provide a consistent stream of updates on the main page. One post per day, at least. Again, these will range from WMB Initiative news, to General Zelda news, to weekly features such as a "Fan Art Spotlight," to what's going on with our Affiliates.

I can't do this alone, however. To put it briefly, how many of y'all are willing to chip in on this end? I'm not proposing that we each individually compose one news post per day, but rather two or three per week.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Article Writers
I'd be able to post a newspost like once a week, but not three or four times considering school and work cover most of my days. You should probably move this to The Site or something. Back in the old days of WMB, you'd get into the Writers group by posting newsposts and content to the site, and I'm sure a few active members may want to hop on this.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:47 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I'll help if you need it, but I'm not sure how good, I'd be, so... I guess it'll depend on how many people you need and how many people put themselves forward. Will it be like each person had a subject they post about, so one person does Zelda news, another does news on the initiative...?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Rosalind Lutece

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

LightWorldMidna wrote:
LightWorldMidna
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:57 pm
Re: Article Writers Needed
I'll help if you need it, but I'm not sure how good, I'd be, so... I guess it'll depend on how many people you need and how many people put themselves forward.

Make it double....with these exact words.

Your wisdom and understanding of the universe is unparalleled, Madame.

Use bananas. Eat metaphors. Got it.

It just seems so obvious now. It was always the banana, this entire time.

"Don't fight if you don't have to, but always fight like it's a fight for your life."
You won't find faith or hope down a telescope
You won't find heart or soul in the stars
You can break everything down to chemicals
But you can't explain a love like ours.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

Post Re: Article Writers Needed
I could contribute as well. As long as I get a Monday timeslot for article posting. Every other day is swamped with my social life as well as job hunting so I could type up an article on sunday and submit it Monday morning, Other than that I really can't do anything else.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Why didn't I notice this thread before? I can help out as well. My vocabulary may not be as big as I wish it to be, but I may still be able to put something readable together when needed. To top it off, I'm almost always available, so if people would be busy, I could almost always jump in.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Shotaku wrote:
I could contribute as well. As long as I get a Monday timeslot for article posting. Every other day is swamped with my social life as well as job hunting so I could type up an article on sunday and submit it Monday morning, Other than that I really can't do anything else.
That'll work. Feel free to focus on posting Zelda-related news. Many of these articles will involve giving attention to neat fan creations like these, as news pertaining to future titles is currently pretty scarce. If you'd like to post more analytical Zelda-related news posts, though, that's fine, too. In fact, I'd almost prefer that. Your call, though.

LightWorldMidna wrote:
I'll help if you need it, but I'm not sure how good, I'd be, so... I guess it'll depend on how many people you need and how many people put themselves forward. Will it be like each person had a subject they post about, so one person does Zelda news, another does news on the initiative...?
As a DeviantArt member, you could be in charge of the weekly "Fan Art Spotlight" feature, if you'd like. These articles would be posted either every Friday or every Saturday, and would essentially involve you going through the list of Midna-related fan art uploaded within that week. To put it simply, you'd just choose a favorite piece and write an article about how awesome it is. Just remember to acknowledge the artist responsible, and to keep it relatively clean. :lol:

Xytox wrote:
Why didn't I notice this thread before? I can help out as well. My vocabulary may not be as big as I wish it to be, but I may still be able to put something readable together when needed. To top it off, I'm almost always available, so if people would be busy, I could almost always jump in.
Depending on whether or not we launch WMB 2.0 sometime before we're half-way through our Mass Playthrough (which begins tomorrow -- Thursday), you could describe your personal experience through various news articles.

If, however, it takes another two weeks for us to launch the new site, then toss that aside, as we'll be neck-deep in the Playthrough by that point. S'pose you could post one ginormous article once the MP is finished. :P

Try to focus on starting your own weekly features, wherein you discuss various Zelda-related topics. Or Midna-related ones, if you're feeling up to it. This applies to all of us (I know that I didn't give either Freeze or LLM a specific mention, but you two are more than welcome to hop on board, too =P). Just try to get creative, and have fun with 'em.

By the way, here are the images that will represent each of our news categories. Thanks a ton, Cryzeu!

Spoiler HTML code

Zelda News IMG

Spoiler HTML code

WMB News IMG

Spoiler HTML code

Affiliates

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:06 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Rare Addict wrote:
As a DeviantArt member, you could be in charge of the weekly "Fan Art Spotlight" feature, if you'd like. These articles would be posted either every Friday or every Saturday, and would essentially involve you going through the list of Midna-related fan art uploaded within that week. To put it simply, you'd just choose a favorite piece and write an article about how awesome it is. Just remember to acknowledge the artist responsible, and to keep it relatively clean. :lol:
Cool, when do I start?! I think Friday slot sounds good - someone else might need a weekend day.

Also, those images are amazing! Especially the affiliates one, that's so cute ^_^

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

We'll start as soon as WMB 2.0 launches. Technically, we could start now, but I'd rather showcase all of these new features at once. Plus, using WordPress will make it much easier to update the site. Frankly, I find it extremely difficult to publish a news post on the current site.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Okay, but even so, I'm still going to search through deviantART. Y'know, practice.
(By the way, do we have an estimate of when 2.0 launches?)

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next