View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Forum rules

CURRENT STATUS: Yitik is BACK! Well, for the most part... But HE'S BACK!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 I'm finished. 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post I'm finished.
Some of you know about the issues I've been having with my parents lately that started getting much worse over the summer. Well...it seems like it's climaxed now. My dad ripped the computer out of the wall this afternoon, and the reasoning behind it was, and always has been, in retrospect, the fact that I'm socializing online. They've seen WMB, and they've seen MFF, and in exchange for getting the comp back, I've been given an hour to tell them that I'm leaving, and you that WMB is finished.

But I don't plan on doing that. At least not the latter. Although I can't ninja my way back on, as they're watching me (hello again, Mom), I don't think this site or the projects will end. There's a community going here, and communities don't die when one person leaves. Not only that, but this forum is different than most in that it has a cause. It's a childlike, two-dimensional cause supported by kids and young adults with no lives, according to my parents, but it's a cause all the same, and in the end it doesn't matter what the cause is, but the community that strives for it.

So, that's the meaning of my title. I am, as how things are looking now, finished. But WMB isn't. Keep it going. I'll be back eventually, I'm sure. Might be three weeks from now, it may be much later. But hey, I helped start this site, and however shallow it may be in the eyes of my parents, I want it to live. You'll have to make your decisions on your own and stuff; maybe Yadda'll give you a new admin if he's too preoccupied to run the community himself (besides, you probably don't want him to :P ). But I'll be here in spirit until I return. Until then, whenever "then" is...See you later.

Quote:
I never thought I'd be posting on this board again, at least not on myself, but lo and behold. Parents are magical things, aren't they?

As the title says, I'm done, both here and on WMB. My dad ripped my computer out of the wall early this afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm now certain what they're angry at me for: it's not about getting a job. It's the fact that I'm speaking to people online. After a little reminiscing, I've realized it's always been like that, ever since I got my very first mod position on a site. I live in an imaginary world full of liars and cheats and perverts and young adults with no lives, apparently. So it's for my own good that I'm being cut off from my friends, from my research, from my independent studies. It's also apparently for my own good that I see a psychologist, because what led to this final brick is the fact that my parents, and my grandparents, found these two sites. This is starting to sound like the Rollgoal incident all over again.

Anyway...if anyone wants to get a hold of me, my cell is 1-403-501-6004. And if anyone wants to get a hold of my mother, her email is kraftsbykarin@gmail.com . I want to prove to her that this isn't some two-dimensional fantasy, but I don't know how. I guess there's a possibility that one of you might, so there it is.

Keep in touch. This is really feeling like a war now, but I'm still fighting it. And if they don't know it, they likely know it now, because they'll be checking up again to see that I haven't been here. Hi, Mom.

See you guys later.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:28 am
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Re: I'm finished.
Like I said over on the MFF Yitik...this really cuts deep...It's going to be so hard without you...but if you believe in us, why shouldn't I? I'll do my best for this place! I don't plan on stopping any time soon ;D I know you'll make your way back some how Yitik...and we'll all be waiting here for you for when you return. So don't worry! With all of us here, WMB can never die! Even if it's just a few of us, it won't end! Keep in touch Yitik. Take care, and I look forward to your triumphant return

My music Portfolio
http://wmb.kg13.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=287

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 am

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I already responded on MFF, but Yitik, I can't even express how crappy I feel right now. It just seems so unjust that you'd be forced to leave here, your own brainchild, and all the people you've come to meet online. I'm confident that you'll find a way back eventually, but your not someone that any community can afford to lose. I swear though, we'll keep this thing going while you're gone, you can be assured of that. Despite what your parents think, I know for a fact that it's a worthy cause, just from seeing the effects it's had on all involved. Besides that, it means a lot to each and every one of us.

Gah, I'm rambling now. It just hurts a lot to see you go, Yitik. I can honestly say that you're one of my favorite people, someone I don't want to lose, and I never would have met you if it wasn't for this movement right here. I think this may call for some musical inspiration...

I'm getting ahead of myself. Hopefully we'll see you around, and until then, I shall miss you dearly.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

As I said on MFF (and pardon my French), this fuckin' sucks....I'm terribly sorry, Yitik. I love you man, and I hate to think of how things'll be without you. I understand that communities can't survive on one person, but your departure, even if it's temporary, has taken a relatively large chunk of what makes this place special. And although this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, a lot of my motivation to move forward has left with you. I can't afford to lose you, Yitik, but I know that, aside from e-mailing your mother, there's really nothing that I can do about that. Nonetheless, I will at least try to help keep this movement alive.

I apologize if I'm making things worse, everybody. I'm just pissed off, to say the least.

'bye mate...

Last edited by Rare Addict on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

As not said on MFF. This sucks that you are being forced to abandon your own site. Your one of the best leaders I've ever had and now that your gone its gonna be that much harder to get things done. However I think we can persevere and keep this great movement alive.

I hope that you can persuade your parents to let you back on at some point and I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:27 am
Profile YIM WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Your parents are very strange people... I feel sorry for you, I can't believe they would do that. How can anyone see a website to be so evil?
I have always used the internet to help me be more social, not to replace my life, but to help it. I have few friends offline, and rarely get to see them. So I come here, and to other websites, to help me deal with that.

I haven't come to know you really at all. But like the rest of us, I'll miss you. Like you said though, maybe you'll be back one day... Your parents can't control you forever.

See you later.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Profile WWW

Hey man, we'll all miss you...but, hopefully, you have taught us well, and the site will survive until we convince your parents to let you back on. :D

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

No! Yitik! you...that...
it's unfair.
tell your parents that they've completely and utterly DESTROYED my otherwise perfect day...well...maybe that's a little much but...man....this...

I promise to do what I can to help this movement survive. You, I can honestly say, are one of my friends, and it plain sucks to see you go. I very much hope that I will be able to see you sometime soon. I'm very truly sorry that this has happened.
see ya later Yitik.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:08 am

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Dude!
That's a hellful of HARSH!

I haven't known ya long but I'll miss ya'.

Don't worry, with all the good people here I'm positive WMB will not fall!

:3 Kitteh, kitteh

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:34 pm

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

(The following message is expletive-censored)

*********************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, yeah, that really is a problem. But don't worry, if the current plan to get you back fails, I have a super-secret idea, which I'm not telling anyone...

So don't ask, anyone. I've simply seen a breach in the current idea, and will attempt to patch it up.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]