View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 am

Forum rules

CURRENT STATUS: Yitik is BACK! Well, for the most part... But HE'S BACK!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing 

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Although this may not be the typical target of our WMB initiatives, I believe the motive fits. My beloved members of WMB, you have probably become aware that our illustrious admin Yitik has had his access to the internet pulled indefinitely by his parents. Now, it seems their motive for doing this is along the lines of that they don't believe he's really having a life here when he spends all his time on the "fake" world of the internet. Obviously, they believe that what they are doing is what's best for him, being parents concerned enough to take this drastic of an action, but we have to prove them otherwise.

Most of you know about the original initiative, before this site was even created: the Mass Email. While it stood no chance of passing through the filter that is Nintendo customer service, we have a much better chance of this email reaching Yitik's parents. So, the task is simple. I want responses of any length as to why we need Yitik back, why he deserves to be back, and that this "fake" world that he has immersed himself in is, as we all know, actually a tool for fostering relationships, tremendous self-growth, and doing great things. Cutpurse of the MFF has taken the initiative to gather these responses from the MFF and amass them in a large email, but I know there are many members of this forum that would like to participate as well. If you PM me your reply or post it in this thread, I'll see to it that it gets to her and in this email.

One final note, we have a few guidelines that we'd appreciate it if everyone followed. First of all, I know we're all pissed about this, but it's important that you don't act like it in your response. This is not meant to antagonize his parents, as that would probably do more harm than good. Secondly, try and make your response professional and somewhat formal, and refer to Yitik as Justin, so that we can appear reasonable and so that she knows that we know we're dealing with a real person here. That doesn't mean you can't show emotion or sound like a human being, just sound logical and reasonable.

And that's it. If I know you guys, I'm sure we'll have plenty to show for our efforts.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:13 am

Post Re: Want Yitik Back
Well, here's the email I was gonna send. Enjoy my wall of text....and yeh, maybe I exaggerated a LITTLE. But I think it's okay...

Hello. You do not know me, but, well, I kind of..not really...but still, know you. I am friends, good friends I like to think, with your son, Justin, who I know as Yitik, or Yit, as a nickname. Now, he has said that you, as parents, have indefinitely taken away internet. This is not fair. Before you write me off, please, hear me out.

When I first met Justin, around 1-3 years ago, I just thought off him as another online friend. We met on a topic that called people to gather so that we could try to bring back a video game character, one you've probably heard of: Midna, from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Eventually, this topic got locked, due to spam; and later, the entire site. But a new site emerged, and with it, Justin created another "Want Midna Back Thread," which I eagerly joined. Within months, plans to create an entire website for the cause surfaced. Together, me, Justin, and others, put together a functional web page, with a main page, and a forum, dedicated to Midna. On the forum, me and Justin became closer, and I obtained his email address (by my own doings, he did not give it to me. just FYI). And we talked on MSN. In time, we grew to be true friends. He introduced me to hypnotism, and different ideas, and ways to look at things; and that has changed me. Truly changed me, for the better. He introduced me to a band, Kent, which I now love, and he has recently been helping me to become a better writer, giving me praise where it's found, and helpful criticism when it's needed. And on the site, he even taught people some Japanese. He knew Japanese, and Swedish after all. And it was brilliant.

I wish I could say I've returned all these things tenfold to him, but I cannot, even if I were to try. He's probably a better human being right now, then I could ever hope to be. The kids at my school ignore me, and put me down, just because of the clothes I wear, and the music I choose to listen to, and the choices I make. But Justin, Justin, well, to put it in corny movie terms, he believed in me. He did, when no one else did. Everything I did, well, wanted to do, he gave me his support. When even my own parents laughed at me. I recently tried writing a full length book, and Justin was helping me with it. And my first thought was: "If I make it, I'm giving him a percent of the earnings." Because it was all thanks to him.

I don't know how to truly convince you I'm a kid, and not some mass murderer, or rapist, but I'll do my best. I come from a small town, not seriously small, but small none-the-less. My parents are die-hard Christians, and I also go to church, although I am at what Justin called "The Questioning Stage." I'm not sure, and I'm a little confused about my faith, and Justin has also helped me with that, not nudging me in either direction, but helping me to decide. My parents also monitor my internet usage. They think that every person out there is a child predator, or murderer, or stalker, or something of those sorts. Well, I made a stupid decision, and gave an online friend my phone number. He called me, and we had an awesome conversation over the phone. Well, I got caught, and got punished. I lost computer for two weeks. Now, I feel that I was getting off lucky, and I only received such treatment, because my parents claimed that I was young, and shouldn't have a reason to distrust people yet. And if there is anyway I can prove I'm just a less-than-average-kid, I'll gladly do it.

So there is my plea for you to give Justin his internet back. I hope you listen, because I think there will be masses of people who will give the same plea. Justin is a great person, and a great friend, and even if I didn't like him at all, and despised him, I'd say he's even a respectable enemy.

~Ben Burnett a.k.a. Dratheus

Last edited by Dratheus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:16 am

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

I don't know how well this will work. Like you said, there's a chance it might make things worse... But if you're going along with it, I'll make a small effort.

I'm not too sure of what I should say. This is what I thought of so far, but it's not good enough, is it?
Feel free to maybe edit it and maybe add some, just show me first if you do, before you use it.

Friends chat and meet in different ways. If I could meet Justin in person, I would, but I met him online, because I have nowhere else to meet people right now. If I did meet Justin in person, I'd most likely chat with him over the phone. And how is the phone so different from the internet? If Justin were to start talking on the phone all the time, will you take the phone from him too?
We want Justin back... We miss him.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

That's fine, as I mentioned we're taking any length. It'll also probably help to have some shorter ones in there to add some diversity from the countless walls of text that will probably be popping up. The effort is appreciated, thanks a lot.

As for you Drath, it's also looking good. A nice personal touch there, which is always nice :P . Just to proofread, however:

I think you're thinking of "indefinitely", not "indefinably" (which means something cannot be defined or explained). I guess it could work in context however... I'll leave it up to you.

It should be "than I could ever be", not "then I could ever be". Also, none-the-less instead of "non-the-less".

I don't mean to be picky, but I wouldn't want something like that to detract from such a brilliant and heartfelt response.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I don't know what to use that for, but it's awesome :D .

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

centralservices wrote:
I don't know what to use that for, but it's awesome :D .

I just wanted to make it. Anyways I'll write a response when I have a little more time, but right now I'm still under surveillance.

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Nice Pic, Kyle. :D

Anyway,

Justin... is an awesome guy. Don't know much else how to say it, honestly. I mean, c'mon. A guy who's interested in studying people and learns Japanese in his spare time? I thought I'd never meet someone like that. I've learned so much from him, and his initiative for everything is astounding. Sometimes, I wish I could be more like him. :lol:

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Woo, huge wall of text, but here it is...

I recently found out that you’ve decided to cut off your son Justin’s connection to the internet. Now, I know you must obviously have believed this to be the best course of action to take for your son, but I’m afraid I have to disagree. Obviously, this decision ultimately rests on you, and you alone, but please, allow me to explain.

Justin, or as myself and many others have come to affectionately know him, Yitik, is not only a friend to me, but to countless other people part of this community. I’ve personally come to look up to him both as a leader and a role model, and cutting him off from all internet access effectively severs the only real means of communication any of us have with him. I can honestly say that he’s one of the smartest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, and he’s had quite an effect on my life.

I’ve come under the impression that you seem to think your son is wasting his life away in these online communities, missing out on experiencing real relationships in the real world and so on and so forth. As for that, I must say it’s not even close to being the case. I know for a fact that your son has learned at least two foreign languages online, and has even taken the initiative to carry out his own psychological research on groups of people that are very often overlooked and misunderstood. He’s quite certainly opened my mind, and I wish nothing more than for him to continue to do so. He’s helped more people than I can keep track of with personal and emotional issues, and one of my dearest friends may not even be alive right now if he hadn’t intervened. The relationships we form on here are quite real, with real people, and from my experience they can be even more meaningful than ones formed out in the real world. In fact, I resent the very thought of this not being a “real world”, because the people you meet and the events that occur on this kind of online community are every bit as real as their equivalents away from the computer. It merely serves to connect people, no more, no less.

And then comes his ability to unite a group of people under a cause. While WMB may not seem like it has the most important objective in the world, every person involved cares a lot about it, and it never would have occurred without its leader. We’ve all discovered something that means a great deal to us, a character who touched us very deeply, one way or another, and under Justin’s leadership we’ve set out to accomplish our goal and meet some wonderful people along the way. I’m sure you can understand what it feels like to care that deeply about something, and if not, I hope you do eventually, because the feeling is unparalleled. Your son took the initiative to begin this movement and unite us all under a cause, and I cannot thank him enough for it.

Finally, I feel as though I’ve lost a friend, and a very dear one at that. Your son is one of the best people I’ve ever come to know. He’s inspired me as a musician, and he’s allowed me to discover my own emotions again through his own. I already miss him sorely, and I plead with you to please allow him back. You have my eternal gratitude for taking the time to read this.

-Mark “centralservices” Price

A bit long, eh? Meh, whatever, I had a lot to say.

Oh, and a bit of an update. We're going to put the deadline for these things at Thursday, so you've got a few days to come up with something. Just don't put it off too long if you plan to contribute.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

That's good centralservices. Real good.

We should put that first in the e-mail.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next