View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Forum rules

CURRENT STATUS: Yitik is BACK! Well, for the most part... But HE'S BACK!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing 

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Well, the intro shall be done by Cutpurse herself, and I'll let her decide on how to order these. She is the one sending it after all. Thanks though ^_^

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Post Re: Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing
Urgh. I can't write a letter without injecting negativity into it. I tried, though.

Thanks for the Grovyle sig, DaK! I'm using it at another forum.

Consider anything I say prefaced by IMO.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:02 am
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

It's ok if you can't. Besides, we've still got a few days left if you want to give it another shot some other time.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:04 am

Post Re: Want Yitik Back
centralservices wrote:
That's fine, as I mentioned we're taking any length. It'll also probably help to have some shorter ones in there to add some diversity from the countless walls of text that will probably be popping up. The effort is appreciated, thanks a lot.

As for you Drath, it's also looking good. A nice personal touch there, which is always nice :P . Just to proofread, however:

I think you're thinking of "indefinitely", not "indefinably" (which means something cannot be defined or explained). I guess it could work in context however... I'll leave it up to you.

It should be "than I could ever be", not "then I could ever be". Also, none-the-less instead of "non-the-less".

I don't mean to be picky, but I wouldn't want something like that to detract from such a brilliant and heartfelt response.

it was late, and curse spell check. XD ill fix it

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:36 am

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

Post Re: Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing
Ok well here's my chunk of text.

Dear Justin's Mom & Dad,

When I went on WMB today I was shocked to find out that Justin had been banned from the internet due to the fact that you thought he was essentially wasting his time in a sort of fake reality. However what happens on the internet is much more than a feign existence , it is an interaction between real people with real personalities and lives. Though the interaction isn't in person, it can be much more intense than if you were actually standing next to the person.

I first met Justin on the original Nintendo forums. He was the creator of a thread called Want Midna Back. I was interested so I took a look and got hooked. Here was one person organizing hundreds in an effort to get an eloquent video game character in the next installment of the game. It may not seem that worthy of a cause to someone who doesn't play video games often, but it is to the people that do. At first I just stood in the background watching the movement progress, until Justin called for a Web Designer to help create the site. That's how wantmidnaback.com was born. Ever since then I've got to know Justin quite well, and I can honestly say he has made me a better person.

He not only has the intelligence to converse about deep subjects, but also the social understanding skills to settle disputes in the blink of an eye. He uses these talents, not to goof off and waste his time, but to help people and learn more about the world. In a very short period of time he actually learned a great deal of Japanese from the internet, and has been benevolent enough to even teach what he has learned to whoever wishes to learn it. He also has done psychological studies on many different groups on the internet to get a better understanding of them. He is the most tolerant person I know.

Now I'm not trying to tell you that your completely wrong, only trying to show you that socializing on the internet is not a waste of time. In fact it is easier to be confident and show your true colors on the internet then it is outside of the internet. So don't think of the internet as a useless hobby, but more as a gateway to knowledge and understanding.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Kyle "Kylethedarkn" Condon

There we go. Hope this helps to get him back.

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:46 am
Profile YIM WWW

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I posted my email over at MFF, but I'll get it up here as well sometime today.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

OK, thanks. It'll end up in the email anyway, but I'm sure there are people here that would love to see it.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

I'm kinda emo lately, but I believe I can pull out a good addition to the email. Wait 'till tomorrow.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:35 am
Profile WWW

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Here it is...

Hi,

It has come to our attention, the members here at Midna Fan Forum, that your son, Justin, (who is known as "Yitik" around the community), has been deprived of internet access. I am sending you this email to assure that we at the Midna Fan Forum are friendly, trustworthy members around the same age as him. We have made good friends with your son by him being active on the forum, over time, he has grown to be one of the leaders among us, and it came as a hard blow to us when he posted his leave of absence, and all we have to cling onto now is the hope that perhaps one day he'll be back.

Once again, I assure you, we are not internet pedophiles/stalkers. We are simply a group of knowledgeable, friendly young adults that share with one another the experiences we've had from the video games we play, or the life experiences we've encountered. Not only do we share these stories, we share them with those that are willing to listen and give their upmost support and advice when it's needed.

This forum is far from what I'd call creepy or precarious, and I only ask with my absolute support that you please reconsider, and may we perhaps look forward to the return of your son. He truly is a vital member among us.

Sincerely yours, proud member and advocate of the Midna Fan Forum,

Eric "Silvs" Silva

I spoke with him today, he seems to be holding up alright, which I guess is the main concern, but I'm hoping he'll be back soon.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 am
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I've already seen it, but it's a very nice response indeed. And that's good news at least. I'd call him myself, but there's no way I'd get away with a long distance call to Canada :P

Ah well, at least he's holding up.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:18 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next