View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Testimonials - Hardcover - Update: Artists Needed 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post The Testimonials - Hardcover - Update: Artists Needed
We've been talking about this for a while, but nothing has really come out of it. We're capable now, however, with a little organization and sweat of making it happen. For those unaware, there have been a few chats, mostly on the sidelines, about getting our Testimonials page on hard copy, professionally. It would include not only the images and quotes from Midna fans that we see on our website, but also some other things...ideas have included a history of WMB, some philosophical wax, and I'm sure some other stuff I can't remember.

For this, we'd actually need just about every group to work in tandem (so the new sub-boards will be made great use of). Graphic Artists will need to make this book look pretty - it's sort of a gimmick thing, so black against white and pure text may be a little plain. Hand artists may want to add some more fanart to the compilation, and would also need to make a cover. Writers will actually have a big job for once, writing up any sort of additional content necessary for the book, and also organizing it so it's not just a cluster of words and pics. And if anyone else can think of something that needs to be done, say so here: the groups can work independently in their little hidey-holes but all the basic ideas, and what's done and is not yet done should be kept up to date here in this thread.

I think that's all I needed to say about this for now, and I think it's about time we started working on something else while the Musicians get Invocation of Twilight going. The gauntlet's been thrown down; let's take the initiative!

SECTIONS/CONTRIBUTORS:

Front cover - ChildishMidna (paid for)
History of WMB - Yitik
Introduction - centralservices
Why we WMB -
Collection of Midna praise by critics etc. -
Testimonials - Everyone, but need someone to organize
Art (interspersed) - Gallery (need more originals)
Credits - a list of all contributors at the end

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Woo. Let's do it! Yeah!

I'm definitely rewriting mine though. Or at least touching it up. And who knows, maybe I'll write something new. I'm not that bad at it.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: The Testimonials - Hardcover
Yeah, that may be another thing. People will want to make this sound as good as possible. I won't be editing mine, because 1) I don't like altering emotional stuff like that, and 2) It's written by me, and thus already perfect. However, we may want to send out a quick shout-out to those who've chatted and left in case they want to make final adjustments.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

I would love to help... but I guess I should have a testimonial ready :P. What's the Cover size in pixels? cause I could get started on that if I have the size and Title :D

**starts on testimonial**

If you're into Magic: the Gathering, I'm the mastermind behind Tiny Leaders!

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

The cover must be all original; nothing that's been published anywhere else before. Make it as large as possible, then we can see what works best and shrink/crop it as necessary.

WHAT DO I DO???

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Profile WWW

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

Yitik wrote:
The cover must be all original; nothing that's been published anywhere else before. Make it as large as possible, then we can see what works best and shrink/crop it as necessary.

Continuing on with what he told me in IRC when I talked to him about it, it means he wants to avoid official art and stuff that has been on the internet for a while, in short, we probably will commission a hand artist to do the main pic of the cover and have the GA's circle around it.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

Tis a great idea, I could make up a great background and maybe we could use LB's mirror? if tats alright! cause I got some idea's and I think they would work, I'll start right nao! =D

did that make any sense? cause I don't think it did XD

If you're into Magic: the Gathering, I'm the mastermind behind Tiny Leaders!

Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

Neophyte

Neophyte

There are tons of tributes to Midna on Youtube with awesome artwork in them. None of this is mine though. Here's a few:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-j0hdoNklY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7_ntShTHf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9fO6ZxgDOw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jmCnyPsGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KamAi487L1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFh9z9LsDEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQpMIA7JNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5I-r7j ... j5I-r7j1mU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUBf5Bi75k

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

Twilit Wiilchair wrote:
There are tons of tributes to Midna on Youtube with awesome artwork in them. None of this is mine though.

:| You haven't seen the WMB Homepage's news have you? The artwork is already being taken care of.

Second, we don't want to get sued for copyright for stealing people's art, nor do we want something that has been on the internet for 2 1/2 years, we want something that WMB has commissioned and has the right to use without problems.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

OK. Christmas is over, shit is fixed, it's time for me to make my triumphant return. We need to get happening here, and after a very brief talk with CS we've both agreed that someone has dropped the ball in actually organizing what's going on here with WMB itself, the reason it exists. So I have edited the first post of this thread, the area of WMB that I'd really like to focus on myself, to give some ideas of what needs to get done. As you can see, I am also taking the initiative to contribute a little, and I've started writing out the section describing how WMB came to exist.

For everyone else, don't hesitate to just throw your name down on this thread and get working. If you need a hand or don't feel you can keep it up, say so, and someone else can pick up from where you left off or aid you in your efforts. We are a team here, and we need to get things done or we might as well just call ourselves a fansite.

We need writers and hand artists, and maybe some graphic artists, in particular from the sections I've gotten down so far (and of course, this'd be a great opportunity for a lot of you to get into some usergroups) but don't be afraid to raise your own ideas as well. If you've got a plan for a section, speak up! No one will think you're retarded if the idea you have won't fit, it'll just be considered fairly. In fact, I am considering making a separate forum for this project since it can be so extensive and potentially complicated; that way, each part, and each proposition of a new part, can have its own thread to be peer reviewed and considered, and eventually compiled. I'll do that now.

Looking forward to seeing what we can come up with. If we can get off our asses, this'll be fantastic once it's finished. Let's get going.

WHAT DO I DO???

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next