View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 What Needs To Get Done 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post What Needs To Get Done
I think it'd probably be a good idea to have something like this up. If you're looking for something to do, check out this thread, which will include what needs to be done, and who (if anyone) is currently working on them. If you can give them a hand, please do! If there's something you're doing (or you know that's being done) that relates to WMB, post it here and I'll add it to the list.

Updated July 15, 2011

SITE
-iFrames (really, really need them) JUST KIDDING!
-A References page linking the world to sites of Midna recognition Complete
-CafePress (need artists!) Pretty sure this has been abandoned
-Advertisement (always ;) )
-Japanese language mirror site Pretty sure this has been abandoned and maybe a bit ambitious, heh

INITIATIVES

-Verbal Responses [COMPLETE! (but the more, the merrier)]
-Imp's Overture - centralservices, Flibster, Zoku Complete
-GMV with these responses and Imp's Overture - Silvs
-Real Mirror of Twilight (etched mirrors)
-Compilation CD (Twilight Princess covers) - centralservices, FreezeFlame, Flibster, DFrost, kylethedarkn Complete
-Compilation CD (original music) - centralservices, Flibster, Zoku, FreezeFlame Just need to edit/publish
-Midna plushies CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! - Here and here
-Interview with Akiko Koumoto, Midna's voice actress (need someone to get her contact information; we already have prospective interviewers and a template writer - see thread for details) Pretty sure this has been abandoned too
-Hardcover testimonials - Get it compiled, organized, and published.

OBJECTIVES

-Appear as professional as possible in the WMB forums.
-Become a place for Midna fans to gather, and talk about Midna with fellow fans, and establish an open community.
-Get on the good side of the hardcore Zelda fan community, and become well-known.
-Bring Midna back!

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

Chief of Negotiations

Chief of Negotiations

Post Re: What Needs To Get Done
Cool, I have a position!
I have good news, but dont get too excited, it will probably turn out to be nothing.
There is this guy at my school who's dad is really important, I asked him if he knew anyone from nintendo, he said that he knew the guy who used to own it or something... he is his dads patient.
So Ive asked him to give me his contact if he can, hopefully he will fulfill his promise but these situations never work so dont get hopes up!

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I have a feeling I should help more... Well, I did help with the Verbal Responses, but I could have a go at helping with the logo. :)

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Walking Synthesizer

Walking Synthesizer

Well, things are still rolling along which is nice. It's good to have a checklist of everything currently in progress, I think gives everyone a sense of order, similar to the kind of effect deadlines have on students like.. myself for that matter :D *makes mental note, uni work is important too*

Regarding the remixes, Red's still working on his ambient mix of MDH, but I haven't heard anything from him for quite some time now. If we find no one else wants to contribute, I'll gladly do a couple more if that will help, the TP soundtrack is so extensive there's never a shortage of excellent music to re-arrange. I was actually considering a mix of Zora's Domain after the quality in TP didn't really match the OoT version's Caribbean influences and soothing styles.

Music Portfolio/Showreel: www.youtube.com/flibster567

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:42 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

Flibster wrote:
Well, things are still rolling along which is nice. It's good to have a checklist of everything currently in progress, I think gives everyone a sense of order, similar to the kind of effect deadlines have on students like.. myself for that matter :D *makes mental note, uni work is important too*

Regarding the remixes, Red's still working on his ambient mix of MDH, but I haven't heard anything from him for quite some time now. If we find no one else wants to contribute, I'll gladly do a couple more if that will help, the TP soundtrack is so extensive there's never a shortage of excellent music to re-arrange. I was actually considering a mix of Zora's Domain after the quality in TP didn't really match the OoT version's Caribbean influences and soothing styles.

*cough*Do Lake Hylia*cough*

So Soothing.

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Walking Synthesizer

Walking Synthesizer

Hm.. that could be a good idea Kyle, but I try to avoid any piece that uses real instruments as they're incredibly difficult to replicate using midi VSTs unless you fork over a fortune for a decent sampler, especially instruments that are plucked or strummed like guitars, harps etc. I'll give it a shot at any rate, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Added Red to the list. Sorry about that, mate :P . Anyway, don't think of these as your positions: these are what you are doing/have done. Instead, look at it as sort of an overview of what you could be doing, and who you might want to talk to if you're interested in helping out. For a while, I've figured that a good philosophy would just be to take it upon oneself to look around and find something on their own, but maybe a bit of organization wouldn't hurt either.

On the music...I haven't seen much of Red for a while either. And while I love your mixes, Flib, I'd really like for some other musicians to get in on the action, and give the album a little more variety. We have Dak and his horn, DNF's got her cello somewhere, Dratheus' music is MIA en route...we have so much talent on this forum, and I'd really like to see people start to focus it :) . I really need to as well; I'm finishing off the different layers of Midna's Theme (which I told myself I'd finish first), but haven't made much progress lately.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

Walking Synthesizer

Walking Synthesizer

No worries Yitik, in fact thats probably for the best anyway, I should be concentrating all of my effort on CS' Imp's Overture at the moment. Can't really afford to get sidetracked, i'm not exactly renowned for my ability to multi task. :D

I actually can't wait to see what other people end up producing for the album, like your mix of her theme. It's a shame Dratheus' MDH HM mix has gone MIA atm. :(

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Flibster wrote:
Dratheus' MDH HM mix has gone MIA atm.

:lol: XD ...I love acronyms :P . Anyway...yeah, agreed, your bit for Imp's Overture should be priority. Hopefully by the time that gets finished, Midna's Theme will be as well, so I can look over it and see if I have anything to contribute.

Oh, I forgot to mention...this isn't being done by a WMB member, just a supporter. Ruthac Aras of the WMB is planning on painting a life-sized portrait of Midna and dedicating it to the movement, perhaps even donating it. So there's another thing to think about, even if we can't really contribute.

WHAT DO I DO???

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

Walking Synthesizer

Walking Synthesizer

Yitik wrote:
Oh, I forgot to mention...this isn't being done by a WMB member, just a supporter. Ruthac Aras of the WMB is planning on painting a life-sized portrait of Midna and dedicating it to the movement, perhaps even donating it. So there's another thing to think about, even if we can't really contribute.

I've seen some of his work over at MFF, I have to say it looked very nice indeed. A portrait would be amazing, it's really becoming quite a varied collection now. Lets see if this twilight mirror takes off too :)

The second half of IO may take slightly longer than I anticipated due to the all the improv, but i'm getting there. ;) Also, acronyms ftw.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next