View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Twilight's Gift 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I figured that this project warranted a[nother?]thread, as it's supposedly been in the "talking stages" since the launch of WMB. Twilight's Gift is a compilation of virtually all of WMB's work, which, once completed, will be shipped off to the Big N. Although we have threads for each of WMB's major projects, I would like to put together a list of all of the things that'll be thrown into this package, as well as the current status on each of them. So far, this is what we have lined up:

- One Mirror of Twilight replica [completed -- just needs to be shipped to whoever is sending out Twilight's Gift, which will likely be myself]

- A copy of the Hardcover Testimonials [All Testimonials have been submitted -- needs reorganizing, as well as divider pages, before binding]

- A copy of the Invocation of Twilight CD [All tracks have been submitted -- needs physical copy]

- Want Midna Back poster [All fan art pieces have been submitted -- need to be combined to create one, seamless poster image]

Ideally, I would like to send this thing out by the end of February, but it's obviously going to require work from several of us to make it happen. If there is any help that can be provided on these fronts, or if there is anything else that you think should be added to TG, sound off!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I just realised I'm am involved in everything on that list.
Oh geez, what am I doing with my life :lol:

...Committing it to a worthy cause, of course.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

By February huh? That sounds fantastic and it is great to see that this is going so well. I have a question to ask though. Which Nintendo are you sending the gift to? Are you sending it to the Nintendo in Japan or the Nintendo in North America? I am just really curious as to where this gift will be going to exactly. It will probably be going to Nintendo of Japan though right? Seeing as that is where their main headquarters are located.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 am
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Yep, we'll be sending these off to NoJ. Now that you bring it up, though, perhaps sending a package to NoA wouldn't be half-bad, either. It would have to be a smaller package, though, with only a laminated version of the testimonials, a poster, and maybe a CD and mirror.

LWM, you said that, by February, you would have a design for the CD and a simple CD sleeve. Do you think that you'd be able to create more than one of those "simpler" CDs?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

If you want to send another to the American Nintendo, I'm sure I could stretch to another mirror, another physical copy of the testimonials (I'll be getting five), and maybe another CD case. We're doing so much modelling in Graphics that I'm sure a second box won't be a problem, and I'm sure I could find a way of making another keyring and stuff.

I can still make simple CD cases and CDs to sell, too.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

This may be a bit unrelated to this topic but I think it is something that needs attention. I was going through Twitter and found this tweet that really makes me start to think that the next zelda game is in developement or even deep developement. I will post the link here : http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/29/nintendo-wont-confirm-new-3d-zelda-and-mario-yet/ Now I know that it doesn't say anything about there being a new zelda game thats in deep developement but one can assume that they are working on it and are past the early developement stages by now. I am just speculating here but it really makes me feel like we need to get this project rolling and that it must be brought out by February the earliest. Sorry if this is unrelated I just felt like talking about it.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:32 am
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Regarding making simpler CDs, we talked about this a lot earlier on, and found this pretty good site: http://www.discmakers.com/

They have a short run duplication option which is pretty much exactly what we need if we want to make a bunch of them, but less than 300. For example, making 50 CDs with slim cases, full color graphics on the disk, and a dual panel insert would run us about $136 (USD). And 50 is almost definitely way more than we need.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Depending on how LWM wants to go about this, we may opt to use Disc Makers. Thanks a million for bringing this to our attention, CS. :D

Speaking of the CD case, do we have a final cover art image? I've seen multiple ones throughout the forum, but is there one that's set in stone? /LameAdmin

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:26 am
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

My vote goes to Foxtrot's:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

What the heck does the color purple have to do with the Twilight Princess and Midna? Not to be rude or anything but I think I might be able to come up with a CD cover. I think that one looks good but it just doesn't seem to relate to Twilight Princess very well. I think the CD case needs to resemble Twilight Princess a lot more that's all I'm saying.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next