View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Survey Idea 

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
I've had this idea rolling around in my mind for a while that might help us attract more members. It's still a bit foggy, but it just might work.

My idea is launching a survey that we can show as one of those little ad windows at the sides of certain websites. The survey would say, "Video Gaming Survey: Click to Begin" inside the window.

When the user activates the survey, it shows up with a multiple choice question: "What is your favorite video game brand", which is followed by a list of Nintendo brands such as Mario Bros., Pokemon, Legend of Zelda etc., where the user must select a certain number of their favorite titles.

If the user doesn't select "Legend of Zelda" among the list, a default message will pop up that will say "Thank you for your contribution to this survey" or something, and the survey will end. If they DO choose LoZ as one of the options, it will move on to the next question which will say "What is your favorite LoZ games?" followed by a list of LoZ titles such as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

If the user doesn't select Twilight Princess as one of their options, the said default message will appear, ending the survey. If they DO choose TP, it will move on to another question which will say "Who are some of your favorite TP characters?" followed by a list of TP characters such as Prince Ralis, Zelda, Ilia, Midna etc.

If the user doesn't select Midna from among the list, the said default message will appear, and the survey will end. If they DO select Midna as an option, it will move on to a question which will ask "We see you have chosen Midna as one of your options. would you like this character to return in a future Zelda or nintendo Title?", after which the user must select either "yes" or "no" to continue.

If they do select "no", the survey will end with said default message. If they choose "yes", the result will be recorded as data of the number of people who want her back vs. those who don't, and a link to our site will appear at the bottom with the message: "You can help bring this character back by going to our website, and contributing to our user friendly initiative! Thank you for participating in this survey."

The idea behind this survey is to narrow down the number of people to those who have played LoZ, have played TP, and who actually want midna back. That way, we can easily select those who would actually want to join the initiative. We could also (not exactly sure if this is possible or not) program this survey to only be taken once on each users computer. Once they complete the survey, the ad will not pop up again on their machine. That way, they won't be able to take it multiple times, and it won't become annoying.

As for the graph part, we could use that as data to help determine how many people actually want her back as opposed to the majority. That should give us a pretty fair view of our chances at persuading Nintendo.

So, what do you think? DIABOLICAL isn't it? :maniacal:

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:36 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Survey Idea
The idea is interesting, but that isn't well-executed at all. This is just forcing our ideas on anyone who would come across it. Instead of a general video game survey, why not make a favorite Zelda character survey? It would broaden our audience and show some amount of subtlety. As for ads linking to the surveys, I'm not familiar with computers or web design so I don't know any details but it would be best to keep it limited to just Zelda websites. Regardless, this idea can be expanded upon.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 am

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
The idea is interesting, but that isn't well-executed at all. This is just forcing our ideas on anyone who would come across it. Instead of a general video game survey, why not make a favorite Zelda character survey? It would broaden our audience and show some amount of subtlety. As for ads linking to the surveys, I'm not familiar with computers or web design so I don't know any details but it would be best to keep it limited to just Zelda websites. Regardless, this idea can be expanded upon.

My idea for this survey is doing the exact opposite of 'forcing our ideas'. My idea was to have them answer a line of questions that would eventually lead up to having them discover our initiative. If they didn't choose an answer that lead up to that specific path, then the survey would automatically end with "Thank you for your participation in this survey", and then not present itself again, so as not to bother them.

Read through it again carefully, and you might see what I'm trying to shoot at.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:50 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Survey Idea
What I meant by forcing our ideas through the limited choices isn't constantly bugging them,(I'll admit I skimmed through that part, and I apologize for that) but by making it so that Midna is the only thing in the survey that produces legitimate results, that's basically saying we don't care about what people think as long as they feel the same way towards Midna. That's what I meant by forcing our opinions.

Actually, while I'm at it, I should also mention if the survey is more character-based instead of being too general, why not allow them to take the survey as many times as they want, but only have one valid submission? I know quite a fair amount of people that intentionally go through every option in some online surveys to see what they have to say.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:39 am

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Hmm, I'm beggining to see what you mean. I guess I was a bit too gung-ho about it at first. Then again, it's only in idea phase at the time.

I guess I feel a bit discouraged that the number of people in this organization is dwindeling. I mean, you have all the testimonials you need to persuade Nintendo, but in order to get this whole thing off the ground, you're going to need a lot more people. I just thought that my idea might help in that area.

-- Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:40 pm --

And another thing: instead of emailing the testimonials in one big book to Nintendo, couldn't we just e-mail them the link to the testimonials page on our website, and they can view it from there? I understand they can't read English, but as long as they're aware what it is, they don't really need to read it, right?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]