View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 The Venn Multiverse 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post The Venn Multiverse
This is a place for you to get used to RPing, or just to chill - in-character, of course - with other RPers. If you're unaware of how to do things, this might not be a bad place to start. Also, using the (OOC: text here) format, we really encourage you to help our your fellows if you see them doing something wrong (or right ;) ). Enjoy.

The word "universe" has been used for just about everything. A fictional universe, a philosophical universe, a spatial universe. The universe that started with time and will end with everything else trillions and trillions of years from now. One thing between all these universes, though, is that there can only ever be one of them, hence the term.

This is also the one thing about them that is completely and utterly false.

There are millions of universes. Quadrillions, googols, a nearly infinite number of universes all with their own versions of reality, their own worlds, their own residents. The reason for this paradox is that these universes are entirely separate from one another. They never touch or interact; they are completely isolated. Isolated, that is, until now.

Whether in her mind, her own little corner of existence where anything is possible, or on the greatest canvas any god has ever envisioned, a small, white hand picks at the edge of one reality. Daintily, almost lovingly, it pulls one thread of space and allows it to unravel ever so carefully. Then it grabs another, this time from another universe, and slowly, deliberately, ties it with the former. Then another, and the process is repeated, over and over again, until a vast collection of different possibilities are brought a little closer to one another, with a single thread all leading to each one of them, and in the middle, a dense knot of every dimension conceivable.

Satisfied with her work, the owner of the hand settles into the knot and with a single visualization it's there: a vast series of rooms. A bar, a gaming room, an endless hall of living spaces, a kitchen, a parlor, an arena. Every action ever performed by a living creature is manifest here, except the prospect of navigating every one. Because no one can do that. It simply isn't possible.

She dons her hood to shield her scars, and walks to the door. It's quiet, then suddenly raucous as beings from every walk of life, every gender, indeed every potential existence fill the room: behind her are stools and benches where drinks are served by a man from a dream, the kind whose face you can see but never recall. With deliberation, she opens the door before your hand can touch the knob, and smiles. "Welcome," she says, "to the Venn Multiverse. Here, the rules of interaction do not apply. You will find everyone you have ever imagined, and many more you have not, though may have imagined you. You can spend as long as you like here; the limits, you already know: wherever you are from, if you cannot do it there, do not attempt it here, and what you do here will not be remembered when you return there. I am Mien, and this is my place."

With that, she returns to a bare place in the far corner she has really always been, removes a clarinet from the endless folds of her garment, and begins to play. The soft melody fades into the background.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:39 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: The Venn Multiverse
(OOC: Double-post because I want to have another char in here beyond Mien.)

Sabeen blinked in confusion. Everything around her seemed so unreal, and it unnerved her. It seemed she could never get a clear look at anyone's faces, or understand what anyone was saying, even though she was sure she spoke the language. She didn't even know how she got here, or what she was doing before she did. And right now, she wasn't sure if she wanted to be here at all. She turned around to check warily behind her, hoping the door remained ajar, but it had not. Something told her she didn't want to open it herself, either. Not right now.

Swallowing, she went and sat at the nearest unoccupied seat. She needed something to calm her nerves. Perhaps it wouldn't be so strange here if she got to meet someone. Maybe they would sit next to her, and offer her a drink. She straightened her beret and sat up straight before sagging down again in embarrassment. Anyone could be watching; this place was crowded. Maybe she really should just try and find a way home...

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 am
Profile WWW

Raaen weaved his way through the throngs of people, if that was the right word, for not all of the beings surrounding him were people as he knew them. It seemed that every possible variation of a human, or animal, was here in this room, (or was that rooms?), walking around him, and talking with each other in low tones. He tried to hear some conversations, but was not successful; everybody seemed to be talking just loud enough to be heard, and just quiet enough to be indistinct. This, along with the fact that he was quite obviously nowhere near home, made him a bit uneasy, though he tried his best to hide it.

After spending some time wandering around the room, he soon grew wary of it, and found himself a corner and a chair to sit in. He wished someone would talk to him, but was both dubious that would happen, and was also a bit scared and nervous; what if he didn't speak their language? His palms began to sweat with anxiety, but he calmed himself down, and caught a waiter, hoping to order a beverage he at least knew of.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

The main floor was quiet, a bit too quiet, And Shinks had been lost in his mind for the last 40 minutes, thinking, and thinking. *Could it mean th- No, no. Maybe I- Nah* Nothing came to him, Nothing came as to why he was there. He heard a small bang upstairs, which took him off of his train of thought. Shinks then walked towards the stairs, going to see what it was, but stumbled upon a small black box, locked, and cracked on the bottom. He peered through the crack, and saw nothing. That brought the "What's in it" Thought.

He'd been on his way upstairs by now, returning the thought of why he was here, and not downstairs. I mean, his friends were supposedly downstairs, and he had no idea why he had gone upstairs in the first place. Totally forgetting about the box, and the bang, he continued upstairs, with no idea what could be up there. As he reached the next floor, he had looked down the corridor to find an open door to his left, and an open one down at the end. Thought of going to the open, and empty room to his left, or going down the hall to the room at the end.

Shinks had reached the end of the hallway, and peered into the room, seeing a group of people, and one stuck out more than anyone. A tall one, a tall one in a black cloak. He didn't think of it as much as his other thoughts, so he backed out of the room and down the dark hallway, again, deciding to take a room 2 doors down, and have a night to himself.

OOC: Edited :)

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:25 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Mien's fingers moved gracefully over the tone holes of her clarinet, up and down, almost imperceptibly as she softly blew a quiet, flowing piece. Each note blended into the next, the highs and lows nestling in the walls of the tavern and wafting around and between its inhabitants; her guests. The song continued for several minutes while its player observed her surroundings, huddled otherwise motionlessly in the corner. A tall, ragged-looking man stood out in the murmuring and laughing congregation, wandering aimlessly between tables and against walls until the song ended and he resigned to a seat near the corner of the room, just a few meters from Mien.

She watched him for a few moments. He called for a waiter and waited. Mien lowered her instrument; a few people stopped talking and looked around, wondering what about the scenery had changed as the airy music came to a stop, before resuming their conversations. She regarded them for a moment; they were all so lost, so anxious, but none of them knew why. This man was no different, wandering aimlessly before retreating not out of some asocial urge but the opposite: he was dignified, but here all the same.

Mien spoke to the back of Raaen's head, loudly enough so that he could hear, "Everyone in this inn is here for a reason. The door is there, but who will use it?"

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:36 am
Profile WWW

Raaen turned around in his seat, and searched for who had spoken to him. Right behind his chair was a feminine humanoid, smoking what appeared to be a cigarette of sorts. They made brief eye contact, and she turned her head opposite him, blew a puff of green smoke, and walked off, rather snobbishly at that; she wasn't the one. He was continued to scan the area behind him, when he saw a girl sitting a few meters back. She looked pretty plain though she, like him, didn't seemed to be engaged in a social act of sorts. He debated what to do for a moment, then decided to engage her in conversation.

After stretching a little, despite a lack of stiffness, Raaen rose from his chair and began the short stroll to where the girl sat. As he passed a table, he nonchalantly picked up a chair and took it with him, as the girl was in a corner and not at a table. As he set down his chair and began to sit down, he started to notice more details about the girl. Raaen noted first off that she was strikingly beautiful, though in a refreshingly simplistic way. Her face was unblemished, though Raaen could see the beginnings of some scars on her neck. He didn't feel a need to inquire about them, and he didn't at that. A clarinet was resting on her lap, a possible source of the recently ceased music.

They sat for a few moments in silence, not the awkward kind mind you, but more so the silent understanding between two beings. After the few moments, Raaen finally replied to the girl's earlier statement:

"I don't even know if I used the door...Wherever it may be. As for a reason to be here, I'd arrogantly suppose it was because I was either called here, or needed here; possibly both. I know I didn't exactly choose to come here consciously at any rate."

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

"Mm, neither," Mien sighed and tilted her head a little to get a better look at Raaen. "And neither did you choose to come here consciously. Every story has a problem, but the problem is yours alone. That is why you are here, and why, even if you did come in through that door, you are so reluctant to return through it. When I asked, you didn't even consider it a possibility, did you?" The clarinetist smiled sincerely, "Everyone is here for a reason. Some are lonely. Some are anxious. Some of them are retreating from their own worlds that they have done their part to shape, seeking reprieve from their mistakes. You see? They are not summoned here, they do come out of their personal need. Whether or not they do it with full awareness is beside the point, for they do not know when they are here and they will forget even more - their whole experience in the Multiverse - when they have departed. Wouldn't you agree?"

(OOC: That was an epic, post, Drath. Loved it; the bit with the smoking woman was a nice touch.)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 am
Profile WWW

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

OOC: Blahh, Here I go.

Shinks was upstairs hiding in his supposed 'room' for the night, dwelling in the corner thinking and believing of all sorts of things. Though, it quickly got boring, and he decided to head down to the main floor, a possibility to finding as to why he had wound up in here in the first place. Shinks got up and swiftly walked towards the door, opening it without a sound. He took a short look down the hallway, and saw nothing but a flight of stairs to his left. Slowly, he walked to his left and down the stairway, with conversation getting louder every step, eventually getting so loud, he could barely hear himself think. He walked into the main part of the building, where everyone was either talking, or drinking. And he decided to take a seat a table behind a cloaked figure, and just listen to the conversations in the air for a bit, try to figure something out, if anything.

OOC: Blargh, It sucks, I know. >.<

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 am
Profile WWW

Raaen pondered this for a moment or two in silence. After a bit, he spoke:

"Well, I guess I agree...I don't really see the sense in forgetting everything that happens here when one returns to their world. Take me for example; I'd hate to forget anything, good or bad, though I spose I wouldn't be aware that I had forgotten anything at all in the end. And I guess I can see the sense in it too, due to all the assortment of people here, all from different worlds and--Oh excuse me a moment please."

Raaen got up from his chair and caught a passing waiter. After explaining his relocation to the waiter, (who was quite polite and understanding about it), he returned with his previously ordered beverage and once again took a seat.

"Sorry about that; the waiter had the drink I ordered," he paused to take a sip, "Tastes like berry tea, if I'm not mistaken; remarkable, that they had a drink I knew of, and one of my favorites at that! Anyway, where was I?" Raaen took another timid sip from the steaming cup, "Oh right, I remember...Anyway, with all the people here from different worlds, if they remembered and told someone back at their home, well they'd either be taken as mad, or they'd be believed, and then there would be an entire world trying to find a way to get here....Maybe that wouldn't end horribly, but I don't think I'd want all that back home with me," he took another sip from his red tinted tea.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:49 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Mien smiled slightly and nodded. "We have many guests with different tastes. You must know this isn't a regular bar." She listened to the end of Raaen's hypothesis and replied immediately, "It would seem quite pointless to be here, then, if such dangers admitted me to wiping the memories of those who come. But an amnesiac can still feel satisfaction and fulfillment, even if he doesn't remember where those feelings came from.

"This tavern is like all the others in one respect: when its visitors feel it has nothing more to offer them, they will go." With that, she bent her back again and picked up her clarinet, and began to play.

(OOC: Emkay, that post was actually better than your first ;) .)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next