View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 The Venn Multiverse 

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

...but coming from a time foreign to dimension travel, and not being a man of science himself, confusion took over Dave like a virus. He didn't understand fully how Liqurin and Senthin could come from different times, and somehow end up in one place. Their 'bout 250 years apart from each other, and a helluva lotta years apart from me! How the hell're we talkin' to each other right now?

"Alrighty there, Mousy." Dave said to Senthin. "Y'all're gonna have to explain to me what you mean by a 'Multiverse theory'. He turned to Liqurin. "And you're gonna have to explain that 'Magi Council' from where you come from." He hailed over the barmaid once again, and ordered another round of drinks for the lot of them. "I ain't a dumbass now, so don't go treatin' me like one, y'hear? Talk to me like i'm a colleague. I'm all ears." He clarified, leaning his forearm on the bar.

(OOC: By the way Puda, Dave's from the 19th century, not the 20th century. No big deal though.)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: The Venn Multiverse
(OOC: That's why controlling other people's chars is bad. Never do it. At all. Ever. This is role-playing; you play your role.)

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: Kent, England, Great Britain, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way.
Liqurin furrowed his brow.

"You don't have magi where you're from?" He asked.

Senthin cut in, having finished his drink within half a minute of its having been put down.
"Let me explain", he hopped onto the bar and went over to a large blackboard at the end, then rubbed off the soup of the day, ignoring the protests of the barman, and drew a large circle.
"This is your universe Dave, and mine too, actually. It has certain natural laws governing it, what we call the 'Laws of Physics'"
The small Rodine was in his element, this was his ground.
"Everything you see, hear, touch, taste, smell" he shot the monosyllables out quickly, then paused "and are, are products of those laws, we have been fortunate enough that they are just right for supporting life."
He turned back to the blackboard and drew more circles, until it was completely covered in ghostly whit chalk rings.
"Our universe is not, however, alone. There are many others, all with different laws of physics. Now, many of these are devoid of anything approaching a star, a planet, or anything we see in our natural world. In fact, there is very little room for variation if you want to have anything but a cold, dead place in which nothing can be."

He faced the tricorne-clad man next to Dave, who was resting his head on his arm, listening intently.
"You, my friend, are lucky enough to live in a universe where the laws of physics are almost the same as ours, with one difference,my scan -don't worry, I'll get to that at some point- would seem to indicate that they allow for temporary modification by living inhabitants, though, it would seem to say, not you yourself."

Liqurin nodded slowly.
"The magi council back at home, they are selected from the most skilled of the people in my world, all of whom but me can perform magic, that's what we call it, to some degree. They recently discovered these multiple universes, and worked at opening doorways to other ones, we call them wormholes", -he grinned- , "because that was the first thing we ever sent through one. But only once has a person gone through, actually that's how I got this." he said drawing his sword slightly. "They couldn't have anything to do with this."

"Which would give weight to my theory of an omnipotent being having something to do with this" Senthin finished.

[OOC: These are getting difficult to write, and you can see the quality suffering, could we speed things up a bit at some point, i.e: action? Also: I don't mind anyone giving Senthin a few lines if exposition is needed, just try to keep to his character.]

i
Wiggle wiggle wiggle go the tongues of the organs
Licking the face of the man they call old
His hands have seen many an organ.
And his face many a tongue.
I need a rhyme to finish this off.
Or I could be edgy, not rhyme and be bold.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

(OOC: Actually Puda, I didn't really have anything planned coming in here XD. But, i'll try to think of something.
EDIT: Alrighty, for fear of the RP slipping into another slump, i'm gonna post something up.)

"Hmm. Omnipotent being? I DID see a guy before I stumbled in here. And he DID tell me that this'd be a weird place...hmm...." Dave sat for a moment with his whiskey and pondered. He started wondering if maybe he should have listened to the stranger. "Multiple universes, magic, and wormholes? God, that makes m'head spin, and you guys are the only folks i've met 'round here!" Dave rubbed his temples and sighed. "So you came through a "wormhole"? I might've come though one too, though it looked an awful lot like any other door i've seen before."

He turned to the Rodine next. "Hey Mousy, would you happen to know a way to get out of here? I don't mean I want to leave right now, but if I wanted to, could I return to my 'own world'?"

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Senthin shook his head sadly, his ears drooped and his voice slowed to a pained squeak.
"If I'm right about this, which for once in my life I hope I'm not, we leave only when our godly host permits. I probably am right though. So it looks like we're stuck here."

All of a sudden, the noise at the bar died.
Four clicks sounded simultaneously behind the three. Senthin's ears twitched back to their normal position, and the humans stiffened. Liqurin knew the sound well, and exactly what he would see when he turned around.
He moved his hand almost imperceptibly closer to his pistol and slowed turned his head.

Four muskets stared at him, the dogsheads in full cock and hatred in the eyes that sighted down the barrels.

To the side of the tunic-clad musketeers stood a taller man in a robe, the many colours of its lamellar outer shifting as he moved, and his hand held a long staff, topped in a red spherical jewel that seemed to burn within. As he approached the three his robe dulled to grey, and the stone took on an altogether more mundane appearance. The tall figure grinned, chuckling slightly as he did so and focused on the young man on the left of the group.

"Liqurin, I haven't seen you for such a long time, and now I fear it will be the last we meet."

He made a gesture to the musketeers and they levelled their weapons on the three and tightened their fingers about the triggers.

In the few moments that the man had spoken, Liqurin had concocted a plan. As soon as he saw the musketeers re-aiming he swung his off-hand around in an arc, catching several pieces of glassware from the bar and hurling them at the gunners, who reacted predictably and moved slightly to shield themselves, but, critically, throwing off their aims as they did so.

Liqurin used the momentary distraction to leap from his stool and pick it up, then swing it at the leader of the small group. He drew and discharged his pistol at the four soldiers, more for further distraction than to hit any of them, and pulled his sword free with his off hand, before swapping the gun and sword over and lunging at the first of the men.

The heavy sabre parted the man's flesh with ease, the swords point skewering him between his ribs and emerging, red-painted, from his back. The soldier looked shocked for a second, then his hands flapped pathetically at the 30 inches of steel that had taken his life, before it was withdrawn and he fell to the floor, convulsing.

The man's comrades stared, paralysed, at their friends bane for a second too long.

[OOC:One baton for you, Aero, run with it!]

i

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Dave had heard the strangers' walk up behind him and his new found friends. He had also heard one of the strangers speak to Liqurin. As if he had known him from somewhere else. What he recognized immediately was the air of a death threat before it was even spoken. Leaning forward with his arms crossed on the bar, David had turned his head slightly, only to see Liqurin lunge forward and a hear a shot go off beside him soon after the stranger was finished.

Familiar reflexes sprung up in an instant. In one fluent motion, Dave poured the whiskey he was holding into his mouth, spun his bar stool around a hundred and eighty degrees, reached behind his back to his gunbelt, and pulled leather. Gunshots cracked loudly and flashes poured out of the barrels as the hammers fell once each. A bullet entered the head of one of the strangers, just below the left ear, but the other had started moving to the side sooner and was only grazed along the side of his head. The stranger fell to the ground and let go of his musket on the way down. Burning flesh scent engulfed the section of the bar. Dave jumped up from his seat and replaced his revolvers once again. He brought one of his mighty steel-toed shit kickers up into the air, and brought it down with tremendous force upon the stranger's head. Blood shot out of his nose and mouth at high velocity, and a deep concave was now present in the mans skull.

Dave looked up time to see one musket weilding man left along with the robed man with the staff.

(OOC: Sorry if this seems lacking, I kinda wrote it at 3am, so i'm a little tired. Just a liiiiiitle bit. XD)

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:10 am

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

[OOC: That post's fine, Aero, makes your char seem pretty damn cool.]

One left.
Senthin's eyes narrowed on the single remaining soldier. Liqurin and Dave were too far away to deal with him, and he thought himself safe, he'd just kill whatever the thing on the bar was, and then get away before the two professionals had time to get him.
"What is that, a rat?" the man pondered as he settled his sights on his target. "Well, dead rat now."

Senthin corrected the musketeers appraisal of the situation rapidly. As the barrel of the musket foreshortened and the trigger was pulled, the Rodine took two steps and launched himself from the bar. He sailed in a back-flip through the air, narrowly avoiding the hot lead ball which passed just centimetres from his face. He landed just behind his would-be killer, and then spun, his tail wrapping around the man's left leg as sharp fangs bit into his right. He screamed and fell to the floor, face down, and Senthin wasted no time in drawing the rail-taser from its place at his hip and shooting once into the prone figures back. The small, self-contained projectile embedded itself just below the man's shoulder-blade and let loose a shock of seventy thousand volts. The musketeer spasmed briefly then fell into unconsciousness.

All four were down, Liqurin span to where he had felled the robed man, he was nowhere to be seen.
"Merde" he spat the syllable, then looked at the stupefied figure on the ground next to the mouse's feet, may be he would be of help, well, he thought, at least of more help than the three others, who each lay dead or very close to it in pools of their own blood. He saw Dave's first victim feebly attempt to heal himself with the innate magical abilities of those from his world, but the poor man was too far gone, and the effect of his proximity to Liqurin's magic-nullifying field prevented any effect at all. Within a minute the man was gone, and Liqurin looked back to Senthin's slowly waking victim.

He considered his companions weapons for a moment. Dave's pistols really did seem powerful, and whatever Senthin had used was somehow non-lethal, he made a mental note to ask at some point, but there were bigger things to do than admire weapons, he needed to find where the robed leader had gone.

i

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 am

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

"Damn Mousy. Y'got some fight in ya for a little thing." Dave pondered Senthin's weapon for the half-second he stood above the still-bleeding-out dead musketeer on the ground.

A gun that doesn't kill? That can't be right. Lightning kills folks. Well, maybe not all a'them, but a pretty damn big amount. How is it that a gun that produces lightning only stuns? Naw, there's somethin' else to that thing.

Dave approached Senthin's slowly waking electro-shock victim and pulled one of his revolvers once again. He knelt down fast beside the man, grabbed the hair on the back of his head, and yanked his still limp skull up about a foot in the air. The man quickly opened his eyes and grunted in pain. It would have been greater, though the man was still numb from the lightning gun.

"Alrighty, boy. You better start talkin' if y'ever wanna eat, sleep, or fuck again." Dave brought he revolver up and pointed the barrel right between the man's eyes. Fear first crossed his face and he looked like he could cry at any second.

Then, surprisingly, an odd air of sudden contentment took him over, and the man actually managed to smile. Barrel of a .44 magnum staring him right in the face, electric dart still stuck deep in his back, two men and a tough-as-nails mouse standing above him, ready to rip him apart in a moments notice. And the man SMILED. This was more than defiance. This was insult. A bigger insult than getting spat on and told to fuck off.

Dave's blood boiled. His hands shivered ever so slightly in rage, and he clenched his teeth. He had never encountered a man who had made him this genuinely angry in his entire life. He had not been prepared for this.

"You think i'm joking." Dave let out a laugh that sounded like a chuckled sigh. He started breathing heavily. "You don't think i'm serious, do you? DO YOU?" Dave threw the barrel of the gun straight up into the air, and fired all six of the shells. Immediately, he brought the barrel back down, fish-hooked the side of the mans mouth with his index and middle finger, and stuck the glowing hot barrel of the gun right inside his cheek. Flesh seared in the mans mouth and smoke rose from the man's lips. The smile vanished in an instant, and a bloodcurdling scream filled the busy bar.

"DO YOU THINK I'M JOKING NOW?! I DON'T SEE YOU SMILING ANYMORE NOW, HUH?!" Dave yelled straight into the mans face.

(OOC: It seems Dave has a little anger problem. I hope someone calms him down soon before he loses it and does something he might regret. *hint hint*)

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:46 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Mien's clarinet was set neatly on the floor beside her. She knelt, both knees on the ground, back slightly hunched, hood up. In her lap was a steaming cup - a strong tea. She sipped it, and sighed into the hot, bitter water, as one section of the Multiverse bar raged with the ensuing fight. Now a man was screaming. There was always someone who thought the best thing to do in a place like this, where they could meet anyone, do anything, was to fight and kill. It seemed that no matter to which reality you went, you were bound to find people like this. Shoot first, ask questions later, and make as much racket as possible.

It was OK. Everything from physics to common sense was shattered in the Multiverse. She could think of no reason why bones should be an exception.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

"Ohoho," said a voice behind Dave. It wasn't really a laugh. Not at all. "You sure can fight, cantcha mate? And ya know how t' make 'em pay. You'se a man o' tha world, you is. Y'make me think.

"'Tsalright. You can turn around once y'done with this here begga'. I ain't got nuffin' and," this time, he snickered genuinely, "I ain't goin' nowhere notime soon."

WHAT DO I DO???

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next