View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 The Venn Multiverse 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: Kent, England, Great Britain, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way.
[OOC: By the way, I looked it up, for a taser 70 kilovolts is actually relativly mild.]

Liqurin stared at Dave then stared, his eyes wide in shock, at the man he had tortured, now groaning on the ground, clutching his mouth.

Senthin hissed in disgust and administered a strange, glowing, blue gell to the mans scorched flesh, drawn from a pocket on the back of his tunic. The pain seemed to dull, and the man began to rise, until Senthin shoved against the mans leg, knocking him down

Attention turned to the new man that had appeared behind the three, his speech was almost incomprehensible, but he seemed to approve of Dave's torture of Senthin's victim.

Liqurin's hand moved impulsively to the hilt of his now-sheathed sword.

i
Wiggle wiggle wiggle go the tongues of the organs
Licking the face of the man they call old
His hands have seen many an organ.
And his face many a tongue.
I need a rhyme to finish this off.
Or I could be edgy, not rhyme and be bold.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 am

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

(OOC: Yeah, but electricity is a fairly new concept to Dave. He just thinks of raw lightning when he sees electricity.)

Dave backed up from his victim as Senthin tended to his wounds. He stood in place for a few moments and closed his eyes. Heavy breaths slowly turned into slower, deeper breaths, and finally to a calm and steady pattern. His shoulders and his jaw loosened, and he took one last deep breath before opening his eyes again.

Dammit, of all the dumbass things to do... He angrily thought. He regretted his actions now. If he was standing in front of himself, he would have thrown a punch straight across his face. And he would have taken it too, knowing he deserved it.

Dave looked down at his revolver barrel. Smoking, burnt flesh covered a couple inches of the outside. He walked back over to the bar, grabbed a napkin sitting beside a bowl of snacks (he presumed they were snacks, though they sort of pink coloured and almost appeared to be moving), and walked back over to where his victim laid. Tongue pressed against the side of his cheek, he started wiping the flesh of the man on the ground off of his gun. After a few seconds, he noticed a small crowd of bar patrons staring at him from a booth nearby.

The cowboy turned his head and looked at them with his squinty, rough eyes, and spoke calmly in a tone barely noticeable above the music. "I'd 'preciate it if y'all looked elseware."

They turned their heads back towards their table in swift accordance.

Dave finished his cleaning job, reached into the pocket on the inside of his duster, and pulled out six revolver shells. He quickly flicked the chamber open, and dropped each shell in it's place. Flicking it back shut, he spun his gun around his index finger a few times and swiftly holstered his weapon. A slight smile grew on one corner of his mouth, and he turned towards the man who had addressed him. He noticed Liqurin's hand ready to draw his blade. "Now now, Licky, ain't no need for that. I'm sure the man just wants ta' talk." Though in the back of his mind, Dave was ready to draw again if he needed to. He looked at their new guest, and responded with a nod. "Please continue."

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: The Venn Multiverse
The fellow grinned his lopsided grin. "Smart," he said, when Dave finally addressed him. "Real suave."

He reached out his hand - a meaty mass wrapped in a fingerless glove, speckled with scabs and decorated with small gadgets of imperceptible use. "Name's Marceau; call me Bad." His smile switched sides. "Who're you?"

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:49 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Dave reached out with his own rough-skinned hand and shook Bad's. "Name's Dave. Pleasure ta' make yer acquaintance." Grabbing the tip of his hat and pulling it down a little, Dave looked in the direction of where he first saw Bad sitting. Bar patrons still crowded around the seat, chatting to each other and sipping their drinks.

He looked back at Bad and grinned again. "Seems like yer a pretty popular man, mister Bad. Practically got all'a them other guys over there eatin' outta the palm'a yer hand. Would y'all be so kind as t'give us some sorta idea of where we might be?"

Concerned so much about the question, Dave almost forgot about his new companions. He looked back at Liqurin and Senthin, who was still standing over the cowboy's victim. "Well, don't be shy now. Introduce yerselves."

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:25 am

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Liqurin wasn't sure that he could trust this new person, whoever they were, but he guessed it couldn't hurt to be polite. He unstrapped all of his weapons, -the sword and knife remaining sheathed- placed them on the floor, then stepped over them well into the man's striking distance. The ritual was intednded to say I mean you no harm and expect the same of you. He then, finally, extended a hand.
'I'm Liqurin, pleased to meat you.'

The Rodine, at the same time, stepped towards Liqurin, and lithely climbed up to his shoulder, where he extended, instead of his diminutive hands, which would simply be lost in shaking the hand of a human, his tail.
'Senthin, am glad to make your aquaintance.'

[OOC: Argh! This sort of interaction is difficult and requires short posts! ]

i

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

(OOC: Yes. Yes it does.)

"Good, good," beamed Bad, shaking Liqurin's hand. "Should keep your stuff on ya, though." He then raised an eye to the small creature called Senthin, clearly offering its tail as a form of greeting. Bad snickered. "All due respect, mousie. I hope you don't mind a bow instead; I wouldna wanna wreck nuffin'." He laughed, and stooped in a somewhat exaggerated gentlemanly manner.

"As for where we is, I know exactly what. Them blokes over there ain't mine, 'n neither are the ones that figured they might like the taste o' that barrel there," he laughed, short barks that could only ever be paired with the purest schadenfreude. "We're in what's can be called an 'in-tween' place. Look around, you lot. Hell, look't you'selves. Odder lookin' crew I never met. But that's how it is here. I's the kinda guy who attracts morons like these, and you'se...well, you attracts 'em too, I guess." He laughed again. "'N this 'in-tween' stuff is egg-sactly what I came o'er ta chat about."

"N' Dave," he said, turning to the gunslinger. "Great pack 'o friends you got here. Things woulda gotten pretty bad if they weren't with ya here, but what I gotta say is for you. Just a quick question and then, if you got the right answer, somethin' of a proposal. One on one for this. You two unnerstan', yeah?"

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Senthin raised a contemptuous eyebrow and let out a small snort at the man's apparent feeling of superiority. Though, -he thought back to his time as a psychiatrist on Emra, the 'planet of hallucination'- he may have an inferiority complex, he'd seen this sort of behaviour before as such people desperately tried to elevate themselves in some way, he felt a little pity for the man.

Liqurin, knowledge of such things lacking, increased his instinctive mistrust of this 'Bad' -he had known people like this before, they were never good news- and he made a mental note to keep his weapons close to hand and loosened when the person was nearby.

Giving the two other men space to talk, Liqurin picked up his gear and moved within earshot of the two men under the pretence of losing balance stumbling as he slung his heavy sword over his shoulder. He could hear only a few snatches of what was said though. At the same time, Senthin tapped a few commands into his slate, which consequently sprouted a dish-shaped antenna, which he covertly pointed in the direction of the conversing pair, he pushed at a red circle on the 'window' on front of the device, and, across a box on it, a green, zig-zagging line began to draw itself. When they had finished, he hit a small, black square on the window and placed the device back in it's case over his shoulder.

i

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Dave watched as Liqurin and Senthin stepped away to let him and Bad talk. He could see that they didn't care for this man much, but he thought he'd at least give him a chance.

Dave crossed his arms and looked back at Bad. "So, stranger...." He let out a small chuckle. "What's this y'wanted to talk ta me about?"

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:45 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Bad watched Liqurin and the rodent leave, flat-faced. He smiled inside, turned to Dave, and smiled outside.

"Truth is, mate, I been lookin' for some'un like you this whole time. Bloke I'n relate to, yeah? You know ta hold your own, give back what ya get 'n more. 'N I see them packs yer carryin' 'n I see an op-pur-tunity.

"Unlike ninety-nine percent of these sods 'n prolly not like you, I'm here for a reason. Me own personal bette'ment, you'd say. Like I told ya, this place is in-tween, 'n it's in-tween it all. E'rything, e'rywhere. We in't so restricted to our own little place in, how's it said, the 'space-time continue-um'. Maybe ya see what I'm gettin' at here?

"Maybe not. But imma show ya I'm not just another pre'y face. Have a look at that weapon ya've got there. What you just done wouldna been possible where I come from. Less face burnin' and more...well, other stuff." He laughed, "But you look like you done that sorta thing before, nah? Not only does that say worlds about you, it says worlds about yer world. I think you're like me, but yer world ain't, and that's real interestin' t' me. So I'm offerin' somethin' of a partnership. Once you get yerself outta here - ah, don't you worry, you will sometime 'r anoth' - I follow you, back to where ya come from. You show me 'round a bit, maybe help out with somethin' I might be lookin' for, and I'n make it worth your while. Maybe there's somethin' you need. Maybe you wanna be rich. Or maybe..." he trailed off, and raised his hand, the one with the ring. He massaged the base of it with his thumb, and blew slightly.

Dynamics formed heat, heat formed more heat, carbon dioxide bonded with what it shouldn't, an aperture in the device opened. The edge spun wildly; long, brass, many-elbowed, string-thin arms shot from within, grabbing at what was luckily nothing to pull it into the space of the ring. A space the size of an entire universe - mere space - compressed into a tiny spot on the man's hastily manicured finger, embedded within, just below the cruel grasping mechanism.

"Maybe," said Bad, as the device began to roar like escalating thunder. Then as quickly as it had started, it stopped - the arms retracted, without a quarry. There was a fizzling sound like someone crumpling a thick piece of paper, and the ring was once more nothing but a ring. "Maybe yer like me, and yer physics just ain't your cup o' tea neither.

"Wudduya say?"

WHAT DO I DO???

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:17 am
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Dave's expression didn't change. He couldn't let it change.

He had just again witnessed something impossible, something that just couldn't be done. Again, he questioned his own sanity at that point. Why am I seeing things that shouldn't be able to happen?

From the far corners of his thoughts, his wife slapped him awake. His face still didn't move. Just accept that what you're seein' is real. Shit happens. Deal with it. Mandy's stiff, determined voice almost commanded him. Those two phrases he had lived by jumped forward in his head, and Dave almost smiled. Always know just what to say. God. Have I ever told you how much I love you?

Back to the situation at hand. His mind considered the facts. The stranger was obviously a smooth talker. A con-man of sorts. The kind of man who could talk himself out of a death sentence and into at least 10 rounds of free whiskey. There was just something about him. An untouchable, unsurpassed charm. The kind of unexplainable aura that you know is there, and you can't help but trust. As much as Dave wanted to relax his tense muscles and just open up to the man, he knew better than that. His face was like a rock. He couldn't let himself show what he was thinking. He knew that a man with a silver tongue and snake eyes could smell fear or weakness a mile away.

He seems t'know things. Things that I don't. He's almost certain that i'm gonna find my way outta here. Yet he wants t'come back with me when I do. Why would he wanna do that? He's got tech better'n whatever we got back....on Earth, I guess. He paused for a moment. So I could take'im back with me, show'm around, get paid. Lord knows we could use the money. Still unaware of the possibility of currency differences, Dave continued to think. But there'd also be consequences a'some sort. Hell, with tricks like that, anythin's possible. He could probably kill a man faster'n I can draw with only that little ring'a his.

Naw, I gotta know more'n this.

He kept his face tight as a rock still. "So you wanna come t'our little piece'a paradise, huh? Now why would y'wanna do that?" Letting out a small chuckle, he continued observing the man before him.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next