View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Heavy RP Registration 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Heavy RP Registration
It is recommended that you read the Heavy RP Rules before proceeding.

In order to register for Heavy RP, you must post here and be accepted by members given authority to do so. Your registration must include:

1) A character profile
2) A short story involving your character. This is just to gauge your aptitude for story-writing both effectively and flexibly.
3) Acknowledgment that you have read and agreed to the Heavy RP Rules.

Have fun!

Spoiler HTML code

My Application - story coming soon

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:07 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Post Re: Heavy RP Registration
It's kind of hard to have a character without an RP to put him or her in. Also, in the first sentence you say it's recommended that we read the RP rules, implying that you have a choice. Then, later, you say that we have to acknowledge that we've read it, either lying or having read it. Which is it?

Thanks for the Grovyle sig, DaK! I'm using it at another forum.

Consider anything I say prefaced by IMO.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

It's not hard at all to make a character without an RP in which to place them. In fact, that's what you have to do in all RP boards. Not sure where you're coming from here. Also, what I meant to imply was that you should read the rules before writing up your character and quick story, rather than doing so and then reading, since the rules tell you a bit about what's expected in heavy RP. Also, the thread will be updated with my example.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:33 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Actually, it's quite difficult; There are many kinds of 'themed' RPs -- Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, etc. You don't really know what kind of character to make if you don't know the RP. A storm trooper wouldn't work too well in a medieval setting.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:44 am
Profile WWW

But it sure as heck would be funny. And hey, is like, a paragraph or two, or a page (like a page of notebook paper) long enough? And would this be a good profile?:

name
age (in RP)
job (if any)
description (physical, etc)
other stuff as such

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:47 am

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Alright, not really having any experience in an RP, I don't know what kind of quality you're looking for. I mean, you clearly want some good stuff, but I can't shoot for good unless I know what "good" is.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:56 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

That'd work, Drath.

GM, it really isn't XD . The character I'm currently writing about for my own application is named Mien. I originally planned her to be a generic medieval-time character, but because of that she can also be adapted to the LoZ universe, the Fire Emblem universe, Golden Sun, etc. etc. Inter-chronological crossovers do suck major balls, though, so you will have more than one character, naturally. And universes that are a little less generic, like Pokémon, will probably need a new character. But that shouldn't be a problem. All I'm asking is that you write a character for this application. I honestly don't care if it's never used again, just show me that you can be flexible and are a proficient writer.

Also, like I said, I will be updating my own, so that might give you an idea of what we're aiming at. I'll put the charpro up right away, I guess, and put the story up when I've got it done.

WHAT DO I DO???

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:58 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I'll wait for yours, then, so I can see exactly what you want. And then I'll make a character that I will likely never use again. Or, I could just use one from my fanfic. Either way.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:01 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Considering that there are certain universes that are pretty popular around WMB, such as LoZ, Pokémon, and Final Fantasy, it might be smart to make one that could fit in there. I myself prefer non-canonical universes, but I know what'll pop up once this board gets some activity :P . Anyway, Mien's up. I should note that I did not categorize my charpro, because I personally don't like doing that. Whenever I write, my physical description blends in with my mental, and history ties into all that. It's hard to draw lines. But I'm perfectly fine with your method, Drath.

WHAT DO I DO???

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:10 am
Profile WWW

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Alright, so can people slightly affect each others chars?

For example, Yitik's char is Nunian, and my char is Sorin.

Yitik: Nunian begged Sorin for his hired help. Sorin agreed to listen.
Odolwa: Nunian explained the situation to Sorin, who said, "With a problem like that, I'll help you for free!"

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next