View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mass Playthrough? Try Halfass Playthrough 

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Mass Playthrough? Try Halfass Playthrough
Alright, so for Project Sunrise 2, I decided to play Twilight Princess...Yes, I know, that's quite the time consuming, heartfelt contribution we were going for, but please, don't be intimidated my my overwhelming dedication.

Oh, and I'll write about my adventure. However, I'll be writing more from my perspective, and interjecting my own persona into Link and forming a narrative around that, so I hope to make it remotely interesting to read. Also, It may read a little choppy; that's because I'm keeping my editing and proofreading to a minimum because I don't want to spend 5 hours writing on 1 hour of game play.

To start, I had to select which of the three save folders to erase. First, there was the Link/Epona folder, then the Link/Epona folder, and finally, the Custurd/GaryOwens folder. Considering the Custurd/GaryOwens folder was the newest, and therefore least played folder, I erased that one. I had no qualms with doing so either, considering in the 6 hours that file had been played, I had only almost gotten the forest temple (my friend and I were drunk when we started that save. He spent about an hour trying to get Link to rape Ilia because she was a horse thief, and that's about all I remember (besides regurgitating fish tacos)).

So, starting with a blank slate, I created a new save folder, LONK/HORSE.

Last edited by RiderlessWolf on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Post Re: Mass Playthrough? Try Halfass Playthrough
RiderlessWolf wrote:

YES!

Also, this sounds like a good idea, RW. I don't think anyone wrote their Mass playthrough for the last Project Sunrise. You could've moved this topic to the Mass Playthrough section, though since half-ass or not, it's still a playthrough you will be cataloging. :D

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

FreezeFlame wrote:
RiderlessWolf wrote:

YES!

Also, this sounds like a good idea, RW. I don't think anyone wrote their Mass playthrough for the last Project Sunrise. You could've moved this topic to the Mass Playthrough section, though since half-ass or not, it's still a playthrough you will be cataloging. :D

Wait, it's not in the Mass Playthrough section? Oops! This will also take longer then a week to do (busy with school and such), but I never payed much attention to arbitrary time constraints any ways. But I should get the first bit done sometime tonight.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

RiderlessWolf wrote:
Alright, so for Project Sunrise 2.

Perfect! What a way to smash in. New playthrough of TP, would be perfect. 'Nother playthrough should damn well bring love for her back. Great idea, RW.

Also, on a side note, I'm rather interested in this. With you describing yourself, and what you would do in the situation, is quite intriguing.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

RiderlessWolf wrote:
(my friend and I were drunk when we started that save. He spent about an hour trying to get Link to rape Ilia because she was a horse thief, and that's about all I remember (besides regurgitating fish tacos)).

This whole section is fucking hilarious. I'm so glad we have funny people here now, you have no idea. Also, good luck with the playthrough and all that.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

RiderlessWolf wrote:
FreezeFlame wrote:
RiderlessWolf wrote:

YES!

Wait, it's not in the Mass Playthrough section? Oops! This will also take longer then a week to do (busy with school and such), but I never payed much attention to arbitrary time constraints any ways. But I should get the first bit done sometime tonight.

Oh man. Nevermind. I thought I saw this topic in the General Discussion thread. Heh, disregard that, you're topic is in the Mass Playthrough section. Now, I'll stop spamming.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

AND BEGIN:

Not really in the mood to listen to some guy with a creepy mustache being all sentimental about metaphysical junk concerning how our emotions transcend into other worlds and are affected by shadows, I dozed off.

“LONK, would you mind doing this then?” were the words I awoke to. “Huh? Oh, sure, anything Rusl.” I figured he'd tell me later what I just agreed to do. “Rusl, why did we already load up HORSE with sticks if we're just idly laying here?” Rusl took the hint, and we headed off towards the village, before I realized I meant to ask Rusl something important, “Rusl, why is your mustache black, but the rest of your hair blonde?” “I don't know LONK, why are those tufts of hair in front of your ears so much longer then the rest of your hair?”

Then I awoke in my nonexistent bed in my tree-house I didn't actually remember getting back to last night. “HEEEEEYYYYY!” I figured it was Fado telling me it was time to round up the goats. I looked out my window to see what time it was. Judging by the sun, it was about a quarter till noon.

It's amazing that in a small town like Ordon, where most of the population is illiterate and toothless, I had actually managed to obtain a collection of books on my 2nd...uh...”floor”. As I glanced at my “Taming of the Shrew,” I got the odd feeling that the knowledge within may soon come in handy. And then there was Waldo...One day, I shall find that elusive bastard.

As I stepped outside, I looked to where I kept HORSE, but she wasn't there. As I glanced around, one of the two paths I could chose from caught my attention, mostly because of the ominous zolly. I headed back towards the forest I was in last night, remembering I hadn't taken my morning leak yet. I lifted my dress tunic and began groping around in my long johns as I walked into the spring, only to notice that I wasn't alone. There was Ilia, taking slow, dramatic strides toward HORSE, then Ilia began to pet her. As she glanced to the side, she let out a quick gasp as she spotted the man who broken her hymen. Oh, Ilia seemed surprised by my presence too. “Oh, Hai LONK. I washed HORSE for you!”

I mounted HORSE and headed to the ranch that was only a sixteenth of an acre big. Ordonian Goats were a unique breed. Legend has it that they were once cross-bred with fireflies, which would go a long ways in explaining why they blinked red when they got annoyed with me. By the time I was done, It must have been at least noon, so I decided to go to bed. Fado also so kindly gave me the next day off, something about helping him and hard work...

Then I awoke, in my non-existent bed in my tree-house I again did not remember getting back to. I looked out the window to find that the village kids were stalking me as usual. Well, stalking puts it harshly. 'playing outside my house while I'm asleep, waiting for me to get up' would be more accurate, and just as weird. Also, I was in the mood to...take care of some personal business, and the sounds of children at play were too distracting. But I knew where to go for some privacy.

I left my house in a rush, ignoring the children's “LONK, LONK, LONK, HEY, LISTEN.” once I reached the village, I immediately hopped in the water and swam down stream. Finally, a moment to myself where I could...wait, is that monkey watching me? Growing up in the woods, you naturally develop a certain reverence for nature and it's beings, so as gently as I could, I threw a rock at the monkey's head, causing it to flee and drop what ever it was holding.

As the object floated towards me, I realized it was a cradle. I thought of the many pregnant women in this town, and figured it must belong to the only one. Sighing, I swam back upstream to Uli. “Oh, LONK, My cradle! How did you know it was mine? Could you do me a favor and bring that to my house? I'll lead you.”

It took her a few seconds to turn around and start waddling up the path to her house, so I ran ahead. But as soon as I made it to her door, she was right behind me! “...so because of the pregnancy, my breasts were getting bigger at first, which made Rusl happy, but then it started making me all gassy. Since then, he's been spending a lot of time “patroling” the woods. Oh yeah, LONK, I'm supposed to give you this.” She handed me a stick “Uhh, thanks Uli...what is it?” “It's the fishing pole Colin made for you!” huh, never woulda guessed.

I knew of the perfect place to put this supposed fishing pole: my pitch black basement, where it literally would never see the light of day again. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids. "LONK, Hey, listen, Hey, LISTEN” “WHAT?” “Didja hear? There's a SLINGSHOT at the store!” “Really Talo? That's fascinating. Now if you'd excuse me, I-” “I...need..slingshot. Must...have...power! GLARBLARBARR!” “You doing alright there, Malo?” “Huh? Oh, I just had something in my throat, don't worry LONK...Stupid waterwheel.”

I walked off, muttering to myself. “damn kids. Ha, maybe I should get the slingshot and pelt you from my window. Wait...Hey, that's not a bad idea!” Back inside my house, I climbed down my ladder to my dark windowless basement that I for some reason keep stuff in. This was a good security measure, as most people couldn't see down here. But me on the other hand, I had a way. I whipped my shirt off to expose my extremely pale body. Sure I work outside a lot, but I have something of a farmer's tan. My paleness emits a light of it's own.

I retrieved the rupees from my wooden chest and headed back to town, but big fat disappointment awaited me there, and it's name was Sera. Through her tears, she blathered something about her cat running away, and I left the store empty handed, not quite sure why someone would be saddened by a missing cat.

Realizing that I still had the fishing stick somewhere on me, and that I was so close to the pond, I decided to give it a try before locking it away. From the dock on the other side of town (never knew why we had a dock if there were no boats), I cast the line into the water. Just then, I remembered Rusl's secret fishing tip: As soon as you see the bobber drop, start doing the dance to the Village People's YMCA with just the hand you're holding the rod in. And son-of-a-bitch, it actually worked. And Son-Of-A-Bitch, the fishing stick actually worked too! “Son of a Bitch! That cat stole my fish!”

I tried to hook the cat with my fishing stick, but it got away, so I chased it back to Sera's house. Once inside, she seemed so happy about the return of her cat, that she gave me a present: a half empty bottle of milk she had been drinking out of “Gee Sera, thanks for the free bottle of milk and all...but don't you think it's possible to give me a bottle that you haven't just drank half the contents of?” “Fuck you, this shit is free.” “Whatever. How much for the slingshot?” “30 rupees. I'll just need you to fill out this ATF 4473 form so I can run a background check.”

I swear, we must have waited on hold for about an hour with the Ordon Bureau of Investigation. But finally, I can chase those kids off my yard. But first, I'd like to ditch my fishing stick. “Hey, LONK, is that the slingshot? Can I see it?” “No.” And I walked right by him, on my way to my tree-house.

There were two things I noticed in my abode. One was that Rusl was there rifling through my dirty laundry, and the second was that my dinnerware had a white and blue floral pattern on them. “Uhh, what brings you here, Rusl?” “Oh, I sharpened your stick for you. It's in that chest over there.” I opened the chest and withdrew the stick that was somehow longer then the chest. “Weren't you going to make me a sheath for this as well?” “Oh, don't worry about that, just stick the sword on your back” I pretended to be sheathing the sword, and Lo! It stayed put. “Amazing Rusl! Is it magic?” “Don't be an idiot, it's velcro.” “Oh. Rusl, why did you put the sword in the chest, only too have to carry a chest up my front ladder as well as the sword?” Rusl stared at me, then dropped my pair of boxers he forgot he was holding. “Well, gotta go, see ya around, LONK.”

After Rusl left, I admired his craftsmanship on sharpening my stick. If he hadn't of brought it back, I would have had to wonder around the forest for MINUTES to replace it. On my way back out, I made sure to check on the pot of mystery stew that had been hanging over my fire for who knows how long. Mmmm, smells like mystery.

Back in front of my house, the kids were nagging me about my sword. Feeling rather bored, I decided to humor them, and in the process discovered that Beth wants to jump my bones. Talo looked like an idiot mimicking me, but luckily a monkey appeared, and Talo chased after that monkey like Yitik after an anthropomorphic cougar, leaving me in peace.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thus concludes about 15 minutes of gameplay, and 2 hours of typing...i don't like that ratio. Anyways, I just wanted to get something up here to get some initial feed back on before I got too far in.

Geeze, I just noticed how long this is. time to restratagize.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 am

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Man, I really like LONK as a smarmy asshole. You should keep this up.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:01 am

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

centralservices wrote:

Well, he needed personality if I'm to do a narrative, so I wrote what I know. Sarcasm. There are a bunch of little things in the game that I want to make commentary on, like how Link's china really is a white and blue floral pattern, and how the wooden sword sticks to your back without a sheath. But I also want to skip the mundane, like running around for rupees, and sometimes I have to tweak the story line a to make better commentary. I feel this starts to blur the line between purposefully writing a play-through, and just writing a piece of game inspired fan-fiction. So somethings might change.

And then there's the bloody length! 1700 words at 10 minutes of playing? At that ratio, considering my first play of the game took 50 hours...500,000 words? There might be a few changes to my style, needless to say, but I'll try to keep the spirit of the play-through intact.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

centralservices wrote:

Hahaha, This, this, and a little more of this.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next