View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Let's Go Again! 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Hey there, folks. Seeing as how I'll be playing through Twilight Princess again this summer (I'll provide a specific date eventually), another Mass Playthrough doesn't sound like such a terrible idea. So, I'm just curious, is anybody here interested in participating?

Sat May 19, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

I need a definition of a Mass Playthrough. I might if I knew what it was. Thanks, forgive for my dumbness.

Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Muah! Goodnight Everybody!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: Let's Go Again!
supermidnafan wrote:
I need a definition of a Mass Playthrough. I might if I knew what it was. Thanks, forgive for my dumbness.

"M'aiq uses Google to find answers to his unanswered questions."

:P

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!
It's not pretty being me!

Image Image

Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Maetheus wrote:
supermidnafan wrote:

"M'aiq uses Google to find answers to his unanswered questions."

:P

Still can't find it. Just tell me.

Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 pm
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Yes guys, please tell me too. I just googled "What is a mass playthrough" and all it showed was Mass Effect 3 playthroughs.

Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Mass Playthrough. When a fair amount of people plays through a certain game at the same time. Before the playthrough starts, the host should and always will tell the rules and what you have to accomplish in order to finish this playthrough. It's kind of like setting up a speedrun but still not. At least, that's how I've always seen it.

Also, I can participate. I just found out that there's nothing wrong with my copy and I can indeed 100% it. I was just stupid and didn't hit the suit of armor twice. Though, I still hope for a GCN copy before this starts. The Wii version is seriously so terrible. I can't believe I had forgot that. I mean, no camera rotation, limited spin attacks, annoying way to attack, laggy cursor. Because of no camera rotation, you have to use the target button whenever you want the camera to turn, and it's more than just annoying when there's enemies nearby.

Sat May 19, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Wouldn't a mass playthrough just be were many of us all start playing from the beginning on the same date and time, and see who gets done first? I'm just guessing here.

Sat May 19, 2012 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Xytox wrote:
Mass Playthrough. When a fair amount of people plays through a certain game at the same time. Before the playthrough starts, the host should and always will tell the rules and what you have to accomplish in order to finish this playthrough. It's kind of like setting up a speedrun but still not. At least, that's how I've always seen it.

Also, I can participate. I just found out that there's nothing wrong with my copy and I can indeed 100% it. I was just stupid and didn't hit the suit of armor twice. Though, I still hope for a GCN copy before this starts. The Wii version is seriously so terrible. I can't believe I had forgot that. I mean, no camera rotation, limited spin attacks, annoying way to attack, laggy cursor. Because of no camera rotation, you have to use the target button whenever you want the camera to turn, and it's more than just annoying when there's enemies nearby.

This just makes it more challenging. Well, at least that's the way I've seen it. Never had a Laggy cursor. And actually you can turn with the camera, I just did it today. I hate to be the person with a defect game.

And, TSIU, and everyone else, I have a head start then. I'm in lakebed temple. HA!

Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

supermidnafan wrote:
This just makes it more challenging. Well, at least that's the way I've seen it. Never had a Laggy cursor. And actually you can turn with the camera, I just did it today. I hate to be the person with a defect game.

Actually no, it doesn't. I've completed TP to Wii with three hearts without dying once. The game is far from challenging. The only thing that these problems does is makes you annoyed. And the cursor is laggy, no doubt about it. You may have gotten used to it. And I don't see how you'd turn the camera if not going into first person view, because the Wii-mote lacks two joysticks. There's no way to turn the camera if you don't use target or first person view and both of them are stupid ways to turn a camera.

It's a last minute poorly ported game because of Miyamoto's "brilliant" idea of implementing motion controls just when the game was about to release. It was made and meant for Gamecube and nothing else.

Also, Rare, I hope that we're required to get 100% in this playthrough if we're going by the same goals. 100% TP is actually quite fun for some reason.

supermidnafan wrote:
And, TSIU, and everyone else, I have a head start then. I'm in lakebed temple. HA!

Also, no. We're all supposed to start at the same time. No save files created before the date we're about to receive counts.

Sat May 19, 2012 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Xytox wrote:
supermidnafan wrote:

Actually no, it doesn't. I've completed TP to Wii with three hearts without dying once. The game is far from challenging. The only thing that these problems does is makes you annoyed. And the cursor is laggy, no doubt about it. You may have gotten used to it. And I don't see how you'd turn the camera if not going into first person view, because the Wii-mote lacks two joysticks. There's no way to turn the camera if you don't use target or first person view and both of them are stupid ways to turn a camera.

It's a last minute poorly ported game because of Miyamoto's "brilliant" idea of implementing motion controls just when the game was about to release. It was made and meant for Gamecube and nothing else.

Also, Rare, I hope that we're required to get 100% in this playthrough if we're going by the same goals. 100% TP is actually quite fun for some reason.
supermidnafan wrote:

Also, no. We're all supposed to start at the same time. No save files created before the date we're about to receive counts.

Well I guess we can't all be as good as you. I actually suck at the wii version, I want to get the GC version soon.

Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next