View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mass Playthrough Open Journal (Summer 2012) 

Regularly Exquisite

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Post Mass Playthrough Open Journal (Summer 2012)
Post your entries here. I guess there's no real format you need to follow, so just say what you want. :D

----WYNR, Part 1----
Total Play Time: 3:22
Total Hearts: 4/4 (4/20)
Heart Pieces: 3/3 (3/45)
Total Items Collected: 6/6
Bottles: 2/2 (2/4)
Bomb Bags: N/A
Quiver Size: N/A
Wallet Size: 300
Howl Stones: 0/0 (0/7)
Golden Bugs: 0/0 (0/20)

Finally got around to playing TP. I got through the intro part of the game (up to Midna introduction) in less than 30 minutes because I played it so many times. I had over 100 rupees by the time I got the slingshot. Hyrule castle took about another 30 minutes (boy, are Midna's eyes HUGE. Maybe her powerful stare is what captivated me?), and collecting the light orbs took about another 30-40 minutes. The Forest Temple was indescribably easy. I forgot how easy it is to beat the boss using the jump attack; only two jumps and a finishing blow kills it in its second phase.

Until next time...
- 6/22/12

Last edited by WhyYouNoReal on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 am
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Mass Playthrough Open Journal (Summer 2012)
100 rupees when you got the Slingshot? I hope you were like me and just threw pumpkins all over the place for the first half an hour of the game, haha. I even figured out how you can get two pumpkins with one throw. Call me the expert at throwing pumpkins and gathering money that is stored inside them.

I think I'll create my own thread when my part is ready. But with that said, this might not be that bad of an idea if people don't feel like writing essays of their playthrough. Also, I think I'll borrow your little checker up there.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:35 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Mine is an essay and a half, and I've only just entered the Forest Temple. I would've been sooo much further is my parents didn't hog the TV last night... I should really go and play now, before my friend comes over :/ And while my parents haggle together at a laptop looking at possible houses...

I've played the game so many times, the Forest Temple is boring... [/whining] But Midna sounds cute when she gets angry about the monkeys :3

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 am

Regularly Exquisite

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

----WYNR, Part 2----
Total Play Time: 6:37
Total Hearts: 6/6 (6/20)
Heart Pieces: 8/9 (11/45)
Total Items Collected: 4/4
Bottles: 0/0 (2/4)
Bomb Bags: Normal x1
Quiver Size: 30
Wallet Size: 300
Howl Stones: 1/1 (1/7)
Golden Bugs: 6/10 (6/20)

I'm not quite finished with this part yet, as I was busy all weekend. I had to quit right outside Kakariko because it was getting late, though, but I am up to date with story completion and only behind on the other stuff. This time around, since there was so much to collect, I made sure I did everything as soon as I came across them so as not to lose track of it all. Looking at the objectives before I started, it looked like it was gonna be hard to do, but, to be honest, the only problem I had was remembering where the last heart piece was (I didn't have time to finish the bugs; I know where they are). Also, until I read Xytox's post about the one unreachable treasure chest in the Goron Mines, I didn't know it existed. I also accidentally found its location, too, as I was panning the area. I hope I can get around to finishing up the rest of the things here.

If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to write without revealing too much the best I can. If I am, let me know. Teh cool guy (me) will come and fix it.

Until next time...
- 6/24/12

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:15 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
I don't have time to do a whole journal of my own, so I'll just post in here from time to time.
Forest temple in tp is a major disappointment to me. Especially when you compare it to ocarina of time. The forest temple in that game is by far my favorite in the series. It's just a perfect temple and the music in it is so enchanting. But I guess I shouldn't compare that temple to this one, cause in this game its the first dungeon. But than again, ook was pretty fun. The first half of the game when you collect the fused shadows and restore the "light' is my favorite part. Particularly when you are in twilight, I don't know why I like being in twilight so much (possibly because I can see midna) but I love it. It's nice to see midna again and I like her personality in this part of the game better than later on. It just reminds me so much of myself.
and I just wuv her lil fang. :fang:

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

Regularly Exquisite

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

----WYNR, Part 3A----
Total Play Time: 8:46
Total Hearts: 7/9 (7/20)
Heart Pieces: 1/4 (12/45)
Total Items Collected: 1
Bottles: 0/1 (2/4)
Bomb Bags: Normal x1
Wallet Size: 600
Howl Stones: 1/1 (2/7)
Golden Bugs: 2/4 (12/20)

Well, for some reason, this part is taking me a lot longer than I intended, but I'm not having trouble passing anything. I got started late, so I had to quit right when I got the Zora Armor. I still have yet to venture into the fishing hole/river canoe ride to get the items there, and I still haven't gotten around to collecting all the bugs so far. I plan on continuing tomorrow.

I noticed this time through that there are a lot of instances that have hints of former LoZ titles. For example, the howl stones so far were of the Song of Healing (MM) and Requiem of Spirit (OoT), and the Serenade of Water (OoT) plays when you see the Zora queen. It's these little details about the game that keep me from letting go of the game. It also keeps the music from getting boring, as most of it (Midna's Lament, Ilia's Theme, Lake Hylia Theme, Gerudo Desert Theme, etc. Etc...) has bits and pieces of the main theme. don't know, it's just awesome

Until tomorrow... Eee hee! See you later!
- 6/25/12
[/quote]

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 am
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

This third section's been taking me quite awhile to complete, too, as I've only just collected all of the Lanayru Tears of Light. I'm having a blast, though, as a solid chunk of my time has been spent seeing the sites. Totally wasn't aware that Talo and Malo had a sorta-kinda-but-not-really-target-shooting-mini-game set up in Kakariko Village. :P

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 am
Profile WWW

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

----MF, Part 3A----
----After Lakebed Temple----
Total Play Time: 7:44
Total Hearts: 8/9 (8/20)
Heart Pieces: 2/4 (13/45)
Total Items Collected: 1
Bottles: 1/1 (2/4)
Bomb Bags: Upgrade #1 x2 (1/3)
Wallet Size: 600
Howl Stones: 1/1 (2/7)
Golden Bugs: 2/4 (12/20)
Rupee's: 600/600

This didn't take me as long as I thought it would. Right now I'm finishing midna's lament and then going to do some heart pieces search. That's really all for now. I thought Adding how many Rupees you have would be a nice touch. :P

response to Rare Addict:

Really? Its taking you guys a long time? I have only just completed the Lakebed Temple in a 1 hour and 10mins, have 8 hearts,first bomb bag upgrade as well as wallet. my total play time is like 6:38. I'm going to Midna's Lamet today.

Last edited by Midna's Fiance on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:44 am
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Man, just from reading this I've realized how many things I've missed. Damn. I forgot you could get the Rupee upgrade, and I forgot to do the mini-game with shooting that arrow in Kakariko Village. With that said, I even think you can get the Hawk Mask. I'm so bad.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
I thought I'd let you guys know that I can't do any more of the playthorugh. My game glitched and I can't get past the snowpeak ruins. Damn it!

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next