View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 LWM's Mass Playthrough Journal 

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

~Forest Temple~

Xytox wrote:
Spoiler HTML code

Foresto Templo (Japanese Forest Temple. Trust me on this.)

Thursday 21st June
6:15PM Laptop is plugged in downstairs. Wii is turned on; Twilight Princess is in. Got my favourite Wiimote. Got a snack and a drink (in my Twilight Princess mug, no less), sitting comfortably. Singing along happily to the intro music... But... Here comes the hardest part. Deciding which save file to delete.

6:27PM Decision has finally been made. Erasing save file... Done.
LET'S PLAY! :D

6:44PM Have collected the first bottle and got the slingshot. I have to say, I love climbing on top of the Mayor's house. What a rebel you are, Link... :P Showed Talo, Malo and Beth all they wanted to see... So now I have to save Talo. *sighs*

6:59PM Found one heart piece. Being annoyed by the music, though... :/

7:06PM Saved Talo. Hearded goats 2:06 'faster than usual'. Now to have my horse stolen -.-

7:09PM And my wooden sword...

7:12PM Enter King Bulbin...

7:14PM And enter the Twilight.

7:16PM "I found you!" Now singing along to Midna's theme. Hm, just realised some markings that Midna has that I never noticed before. Okay, noted!
Wolf Link looks so cute when he's scared...
"There, there. You be a good boy and calm down. No need to bite!" Still, Midna is cuter.
"Now, come on, get moving!" ^_^

7:24PM "Ugh... What are you doing?" Believe me, if there were a way I could do this part without annoying Midna, I would. But it seems that's not happening. Surprisingly, I didn't fall down to the bottom again this time.

7:27PM "Isn't the black cloud of twilight looking beautiful today?" Why yes, Midna, yes it is.

7:29PM Death count: 1. Was knocked off the roof by one of those damned birds while jumping after Midna.

7:32PM "Eee hee! You remembered my name? What an honour for me..." Is it just me, or does Midna look really cute at the beginning of this scene, both when she laughs and when she rolls her eyes?
"He's not exactly what I had in mind, but... I guess he'll do." Yes, I'll do. I'll do anything. :lol:
And Zelda's sword. Am I the only one that loves Zelda's sword?
"You must leave here, quickly." I find it funny that once she reveals her face, her braids are suddenly outside of her cloak...
And another thing. Midna looks cute when she says "You don't have to look so sad!" And when she... Never mind, she just looks cute.

7:43PM "Not that way! The guard's coming! Boy, he's prompt!" I love it when Midna tugs Wolf Link's ears. Something I will definately be doing when me and my friend cosplay Wolf Link and Midna...
In the bit outside, I just love how she brutalized Ilia's face into such a scowl...
Oh, and rain + Twilight = epic looking sky.

7:49PM I love the whole effect of Midna still being in your shadow, even though she's not on your back. But... Now I'm off to find a sword and a shield that'll suit Midna :D

7:53PM "Eee hee! Found it! Found it!" ...I just love this line...

8:00PM I f O r d o n a s p o k e a n y s l o w e r , I t h i n k I w o u l d k i l l m y s e l f . . .

8:05PM "Hmm! So these are the weapons you use in your world?" Yes... But not like that. Well, Midna's not THAT bad with a sword, to be honest. Noticed how high her ponytail is when Link has the shield over his face? That's a bit odd.
"In exchange for my help, though, I need you to gather some things for me." Now, not only does she look cute, but sound it too!
"Better get going, don't you think? Don't blame me for your world's fate if you don't hury up and find that light!" I ADORE how she hums her theme after this line. I ADORE it.

8:11PM Penned in again? She flies off, and you talk to her, she says "...What? What's the matter? I think I'll just watch from here, but you do your best, okay?" HA! I had always wondered what she was doing when she disappeared...

8:28PM And Faron Woods is saved from the twilight...
"Your name is Link. And you are chosen by the Goddesses." DUN DUN DUN! Very non-Zelda like. Yet very funny.

8:32PM I always forget how epic Link looks in his tunic in this game... Makes me want to play wearing my Link costume. :P

8:42PM "Hey! Hey! HEY! What are you thinking? Don't you DARE ignore me!" Eee hee! 'Nuff said.

8:46PM Ever noticed that Hero's Shade has a sleeve on his shield arm, but his sword arem has no arm at all? No? Just me? Anyway, "You learned the first hidden skill, the ending blow!"

8:50PM Entered the Forest Temple just in time for dinner. Right! I'm off!

Total play time: 2:25
Total heart pieces: 1
Total bottles: 1
Latest item: Lantern
Death count: 1

Saturday 23rd June
11:58AM Starting the Forest Temple at long last. "Doesn't it look like she's beckoning you? Aren't you the popular one? Eee Hee!" Oh, Midna. You're just jealous.

12:02PM DA NA NA NAAA! Dungeon Map, yeeeah :3

12:04PM "Oh! What's going on?! Has there been a monkey fight?!" If you don't agree that Midna sounds cute here, there's something wrong with your head.

12:05PM My mum has informed me that these monkey's make chimpanzee noises. Not monkey noises. Yeah... Wonderful.

12:08PM Got Ooccoo for the first time. Link's face... XD

12:13PM Muhahaha... Just dunked a monkey...

12:20PM Yeah, flower, you nom that bomb!

12:22PM I'm rather curious about the marking on these monkeys arms...

12:23PM Collected another piece of heart.

12:28PM If I'd just knocked a shadow insect off the head of a monkey, I would just stand there and watch it, I'd stab the thing -.-
Got the Gale Boomerang.

12:32PM :lol: I just got a keese with the Gale Boomerang... XD

12:33PM DA NA NA NAAAA! "Well, if it isn't something useful." Compass!

1:15PM Got the third heart container.
Got every chest in the Forest Temple. To the boss!

1:17PM Deku Babas must be so lonely... They pop up to say hello when anyone walks past.

1:20PM Aww... That fairy sat on my sword for a while, then dissapeared :(

1:25PM And Diababa is dead. That was easy. +1 Heart Container, +1 Fused Shadow.

1:27PM "There's a total of three Fused Shadows." LIES. You have the fourth on your head! (This is something I noticed in my first playthrough, watching the scene the Light Spirit Lanayru shows you...)

1:29PM "You pick up the Heart contianer that fell out of that thing." How does she know all this?

1:30PM "When you turn into a beast again, I'll take good care of you." So sweet... :3

1:32PM Collected the second bottle, now I have the rupees.

1:39PM Returned to Ordon Village and collected the 50 rupees from Link's basement and visited everyone. I'm surprised by how bloody Rusl is. And in contrast to the perky music of Ordon usually, the music in each of the houses is actually quite... moving. It's almost as beautiful as Midna's Lament. I'm surprised I hadn't heard it before now. I do wonder though, where did Bo wonder off to?

1:53PM With nothing left to do, I save my adventure here.

~End of Forest Temple~
Total play time: 4:22
Total Heart Containers 1
Total heart pieces: 3
Total bottles: 2
Latest item: Gale Boomerang
Death count: 1

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Wow, lol. Everything down to the minute. I must admit that I did laugh when you said that you died because of jumping off the roof. That used to be what happened to me all the time. After it happened enough times, I started thinking about what I could about it, and poof, I'm suddenly not trying to jump attack the birds at the edge of the wall, lol.

It was a fun read I must admit. Good thing seeing people actually doing this.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:50 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

~Goron Mines~

Xytox wrote:
Spoiler HTML code

Ein Goron Mines! (German Goron Mines. Trust me on this.)

Monday 25th June
Yeah. I'm late. My parents were TV hogs ALL WEEKEND. Now I have... 1 hour 20 minutes to make Goron Mines. I'm not gunna make it...

4:41PM Into Hyrule Field! I don't have time to chase bugs right now, so I'm straight off to the Twilight.

4:43PM "HEEEEEEY!" Oh, god...

4:46PM "Want me to let you into the Twilight?" My favourite line. Ever.

4:47PM "The black clouds of Twilight are so fetching today..." Another favourite.

4:48PM My wooden sword... I fiond it now I don't need it...

4:50PM "You hear me? It's called a portal. You'd better remember that!" Another favourite. I would mess Midna about and warp the bridge to the wrong place to hear her angry voice, but... I haven't the time.

4:55PM I swear those Twilight creatures are just carrying around marshmallows on sticks...

5:00PM "Barnes!" Is Barnes chuckling here, or cowering...?

5:02PM "You may be doomed to toil in obscurity forever..." Oh Midna, so subtle. "My lonely little hero..." That... is slightly more subtle.

5:09PM "If you're done with your errand, let's get out of here!" Angry voice!! :3

5:14PM "Sorry, but as romantic as this is, I'm not going to stay in here with you. I'm getting out!" She sounds so scared! "Hey! If you don't hurry up and get out... Ohh, I can't even say it!" So. Damn. Cute.
"But that's how the cookie crumbles, right?" I wonder if Midna likes cookies...?

5:20PM That tear landed directly on a gyzer. Trying to kill me, it is.

5:21PM Howling. My new hobby.

5:23PM Killing Shadow Beasts. My other new hobby.

5:26PM Gotta love Link opening his eyes in stages.

5:29PM >.< Colin... runs like a girl.

5:32PM Wait, was it just Renado, Luda and Barnes living there? That's pretty... lonely.

5:33PM HA! If you roll forward before the Goron challenges you, you're to far forward for him to knock off in one go so he rolls back for another try... I really don't know why I find this amusing...

5:36PM Epona! And epic music!

5:38PM Damn you, postman! I was being epic and you just HAD to interupt!

5:42PM It's disturbing to see that much of Bo.

5:45PM DA NA NA NAAAA! Iron boots! How... How exatly are you supposed to put such a thing on?
Can't tell anyone about the boots? Aww, would it ruin Bo's reputation? :3

5:50PM O.O Woah! Holy crap! I just got knocked off Epona by a goat! D:
1:20... Despite the goat incident.
Piece of heart!

5:53PM Picked up the piece of heart from the tree in Hyrule field on my way past.

5:55PM Colin's determined face!
...Is owned by Link's determined face. With sound effects.
Now to chase King Bulbin about Hyrule field.

6:00PM When Link rides with his sword above his head, you know it means business.
I feel so epic fighting on horseback X3 This is the exact reason I want to lean how to ride a horse. And how to use my bow and arrow on a horse :P

6:03PM Jousting! :D Sort of.
I remember my first play through, I managed to finish this part on only a quater of a heart (after my first death at the point of several fire arrows previously...). I was so panicked o.O

6:04PM Death count +1. Just got knocked off.

6:06PM Hm. I wonder how Link gets Colin back. Wasn't he knocked off with King Bulbin?

6:17PM I love having Iron boots down D-pad. It just... works. Who would'a thought such a thing would be so useful?

6:24PM *sigh* Just GOT to the Goron Mines. That's all I can do today *grumbles* Anyway...

~*Start* of Goron Mines~
Total play time: 6:05
Total Heart Containers 1
Total heart pieces: 5
Latest item: Iron Boots
Death count: 2
Howling Stones: 1
Golden Bugs: 0

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:28 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

~Goron Mines~

Thursday 28th June
12:39PM Finally have time to catch up. So, on with Goron Mines!

12:44PM Apparently, rolling into a chest is not the way to open it.

12:46PM The noise those lava gyzers make is, uh... Slightly disturbing.

12:52PM Surely taking what's in the chests the Goron Elders have is stealing...?

12:55PM Just realised, the first Goron Elder, the music changes from the Goron music to the Mines music after you find Ooccoo, not when you go through the door...

12:58PM It annoys me that when walking on a ceiling, Link's hat defies the laws of gravity. Plus, how are you meant to take off boots made of iron when they're being magnetically drawn to a ceiling or a wall with enough force to hold Link? -.-

1:03PM Jump Attacking Fire Keese. Do not try this at home >.<

1:06PM Heart Pieces +1

1:08PM I always forget to grab that key!

1:10PM The bulbins have ninja masks :3

1:25PM I don't know why. But I alwats find the way those fire aligators fall off the ceiling very amusing.

1:31PM Bulbins are so stupid... Standing next to an explosive barrel? No. Just no.

1:35PM How does Link even reach the big locks, exactly? Potrable step-stool?

1:41PM First time I fought Fyrus, I didn't even notice that the floor was magnetic. So every time I fight him, I just keep shooting him, so iron boots or anything.

~End of Goron Mines~
Total play time: 7:14
Total Heart Containers 2
Total heart pieces: 6
Latest item: Hero's Bow
Golden Bugs: 0

1:52PM Just got the Hylian Shield, which I forgot to get before I went to Goron Mines...

1:58PM Got the piece of heart for playing target practice with Talo and Malo.

1:59PM Bought the Hawkeye.

2:01PM Collected the two golden ants.

2:08PM Bought the bombs, got the piece of heart on the cliff.

2:10PM Got the piece of heart from the Spirit's Spring.

2:13PM Collected both pill bugs from Kakariko Gorge.

2:15PM Found a cave in Kakariko Gorge I've never found before. Time to do some exploring!

2:17PM Darn it, I can hear a Poe. This may not end well.

2:18PM Found a piece of heart!

2:19PM ...And found the Poe.

2:23PM Left the cave and collected the piece of heart from Kakariko Gorge.

2:24PM ... I just got "HEEEEEEY"ed by Mr.Shortshorts...

2:27PM Caught both bettles from south Hyrule Field.

2:30PM Caught both grasshoppers from West Hyrule Field.

2:33PM Caught both phasmids from Eldin Bridge.

2:36PM I know I'm missing one heart piece. I'm guessing it's in Goron Mines, as I know I didn't collect everything from there (since I didn't even get the compass).

~Pre Lanayru Twilight~
Total play time: 8:03
Total Heart Containers 2
Total heart pieces: 11
Latest item: Bomb Bag
Golden Bugs: 10

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

~Lakebed Temple~

Xytox wrote:
Spoiler HTML code

Lakebed Temple

2:44PM Off to blow up the bolders, summon and kill the shadow beasts, and continue on into the Twilight Lanayru Province.

2:47PM "Whether or not you accomplish you final task and survive is up to you..." Hm. I think I would rather survive. So into the Twilight we go!

2:51PM "You smell the girl, don't you?" The first time I played this game, I seriously thought Ilia was the primary love interest. I ran all the way to Telma's Bar. Not doing that now.

2:56PM In fact, I'm going to Lake Hylia, not Castle Town. Just because I can.

2:59PM "Oh no! We're trapped! Get us out of here!" And magically, there is a crate right in front of you.

3:02PM "So that must mean that we can't get to the spirit's spring because Lake Hylia's dried up, right? Hmm... First, we'd better do something about Lake Hylia... Oh no... Do I have to hold your hand through this?" What? :lol: Well, you can it you want to, Midna...

3:19PM XD Oh... Oh geez! Hahaha! I went to speak to Lanayru, but I was so far along the ledge, that when Wolf Link turned to show the Vessel of Light, he fell in the water!

3:33PM Okay, I'm going to get some lunch.

~Lanayru Twilight~
Total play time: 8:58
Total Heart Containers 2
Total heart pieces: 11
Latest item: Bomb Bag
Golden Bugs: 10

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]