View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cryzeu's Mass Playthrough Journal 

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

I figured I’d write a journal of my own. Why not eh? Also, it will make everyone Else's journal's look better as I'm not exactly a good writer...
Oh, and I’ll steal WYNR’s checker too if that’s alright with you all.

----Cryzeu, Part 1----
Total Play Time: 2:28
Total Hearts: 4/4 (4/20)
Heart Pieces: 3/3 (3/45)
Total Items Collected: 6/6
Bottles: 2/2 (2/4)
Bomb Bags: N/A
Quiver Size: N/A
Wallet Size: 300
Howl Stones: 0/0 (0/7)
Golden Bugs: 0/0 (0/20)
Death count: 0

Finally I get around to playing Twilight Princess again… Even though it’s my favorite game in the series, it is the only 3D Zelda game that I have only played once. .. Anyway, it didn’t take long before I really started to enjoy playing it again, the opening itself ( when Wolf Link howls at the twilight and the logo comes in ) gave me Goosebumps… Such an epic scene… And the beginning of the game in Ordon is so calm and peaceful… After some time running around and throwing pumpkins everywhere I have enough rupees to buy the slingshot… Yay… One thing I don’t like about the beginning though is those kids… WHooOOaA… Yeah… Whatever… Anyway, time to save Talo and apparently hurt Epona in the process resulting in Ilia being pissed. I then accidently talk to Bo and fail at stopping the damn goat… Oh well, it is finally time to enter the Twilight and see an awesome cutscene. The music that plays as the camera pans up on the curtain of Twilight is just epic… And yay, I finally meet Midna again… Time to get some gear, some tears and to go through the Forest Tempe which is actually my least favorite dungeon of the game… Even though I know what to do already I still find myself listening to every piece of advice Midna has got to offer… After fighting my way through the place, getting the heart pieces and killing the ridiculously easy boss, I guess I’m done… Right, next part.

----Cryzeu, Part 2----
Total Play Time: 5:35
Total Hearts: 7/7 (7/20)
Heart Pieces: 9/9 (12/45)
Total Items Collected: 4/4
Bottles: 0/0 (2/4)
Bomb Bags: Normal x1
Quiver Size: 30
Wallet Size: 300
Howling Stones: 1/1 (1/7)
Golden Bugs: 8/10 (8/20)
Death count: 0

This part is actually very enjoyable for me. After running around in Hyrule Field getting the piece of heart and the golden bugs it’s off to the curtain of twi—HEEEEEEEEY—Aw crap… I really hate this guy… Anyway, after I get his completely pointless letter it’s off to Kakariko to collect some more tears… Anyone else notice the awesome piano music that plays as Colin says that Link will save them? I just noticed that during this run… And yay, it’s time for the first howling stone! I absolutely love the wolf songs in this game… Anyway, now that the Twilight’s gone I won’t be seeing Midna for some time =(
Ah well... After I get knocked off the path to death mountain it’s time to reunite with Epona... For some reason I find the cutscene where she comes running towards you to be quite epic. The rendition of Epona’s song that plays then is just awesome. Now it's time to go back to Ordon to get another hidden skill and the Iron boots and then it’s off to rescue Colin. This is actually one of my favorite parts in the game because I love the horseback fighting and the cutscene that plays after you defeat Bulbin for the first time. After that's done, It’s off to the Goron Mines. It’s not my favorite dungeon but I still like it. After getting the heart pieces and killing the boss, all that there is left to do is to get all previously inaccessible pieces of heart with the bomb arrows and to get the golden bugs. For some reason I couldn’t find all bugs though… The second Phasmid and Grasshopper hides from me… Oh well I’ll get them later… And I guess that pretty much rounds this part up, I’m off to continue playing right now… But oh noes… I won’t like this next part…

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 pm
Profile WWW

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

Post Re: Cryzeu's Mass Playthrough Journal

----Cryzeu, Part 3----
Total Play Time: 11:58
Total Hearts: 9/9 (9/20)
Heart Pieces: 7/7 (19/45)
Bottles: 1/1 (3/4)
Bomb Bags: Giant x3 ( All of them )
Quiver Size: 30
Wallet Size: 600
Howling Stones: 3/3 (4/7)
Golden Bugs: 12/12 (20/24)
Poe Souls: 17/19 (17/60)
Death count: 1

This part took a long damn time… It was worth it though. I managed to get all bomb bag upgrades by going back and forth through Hyrule Field a bunch of times. I also got the pieces of heart from the fishing hole and the old man in Castle Town that wants you to donate 1000 rupees. Fortunately I had enough bugs to get enough rupees to give him. I had to run back and forth from Agitha and the old man a bunch of times though… I also got the heart pieces from Malo’s target shooting game and Plumm’s balloon popping game as well as the one in Lake Hylia’s cave and those in Lakebed temple. I’m not sure but I think these seven pieces are the only ones available at this time. After Midna’s Lament and I was stuck in Wolf Form I just ran around collecting poes… I concluded that there are precisely 19 poes available before you get the Master Sword. I only got 17 because it wasn’t night as I reached the Sacred Grove. Before I did the Lakebed Temple I also ran around collecting bugs and got all 20 that were available. The remaining 4 are in the Temple of Time and Gerudo Desert ( inaccessible ). Oh and I accidently drowned in Lakebed Temple… I don’t like the Zora armor so I ran around in the Hero’s Clothes thinking it would work… It did not. I got through Midna’s Lament surprisingly well actually… Considering my initial reaction when I experienced the scenario for the first time I thought I would have a hard time with this again. I still do not understand why they didn’t force Midna’s Lament to play all the time rather than allowing it to be interrupted by battle music. It completely ruins everything… Oh well, I saved as I arrived at the Temple of Time so I guess I’m done for now.

Last edited by Cryzeu on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:58 pm
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Let's just say that you guys seem to be good enough at keeping track of what to get where. I've missed SO MANY THINGS that it's crazy. I think I'll be skipping the whole sidequest thing in the future as it'll be weird as I don't know what if I'll continue it now.

Btw, pretty nice journal you got there, Cryzeu.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:11 pm
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Lovin' this journal. Indeed, the only frustrating aspect of Midna's Desperate Hour is the battle music interruptions. Once I get around to that chapter, I'll try to sneak around 'em. :3

By the way, I really dig the visual presentation of this journal. Do you plan on drawing any more of these images yourself?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile WWW

Regularly Exquisite

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Cryzeu wrote:

Holy crap Cryzeu!!! Those are amazing!!! You are truly an amazing artist.

Also, since you're more complete and thorough with the number of items etc. I think I will use it as a guideline for me.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]