View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Mass Runthrough... Sorta... Not Really. 

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post Mass Runthrough... Sorta... Not Really.
October Twenty-Sixth. Some of know what day it is. This is the day that we decided to have a sort of practice "mass" run of Twilight Princess to see how it went. Or something along those lines. It didn't seem obvious that this had been tossed aside, so here's a board to post your Daily Progress or Journal Entries as we'll call 'em. You can just post the basics like certain landmarks you'd like to point out. Or you can give it a little flare and give your entries a little pizazz. I dunno what time frame we'd be doing these entries in though. One would think 1 a day would be sufficient, and that's what yours truly will be doing. So I think I'll put my first entry in. =D

10/26/08
Day 1

Pregame (11:38-11:50)

I was hoping to start playing at 11:45, but I had to do a little relocation to my room, then adjust the screen (since the color on the little thing is horrendous) to fit the game. I still can't get the Light Spirits to show up clearly, nor some of Midna's facial expressions and when there is light shining on others' faces. Too bloody bright. >.> Now that everything's in place, though, it should be a quicker startup tomorrow, or even later today.
^_^

Gameplay A (11:50 AM-1:58 PM)
Total Play Time: 2 hours, 8 minutes

I named myself DaKingIX (ha ha, get it?) and Epona... Epona. Skipped the introductory cutscenes, but took the time to watch the ones afterwards. Flew through the Ordon Village tasks and got 30 rupees without even noticing. After doing all of that stuff, I notice that "Hey! They show some IliaxLink in the beginning that I didn't notice the first time around." And I started think about how being an IliaxLink shipper makes sense just as much as MidnaxLink. Soon after, though, PHWAM! Twilight Time. >=]
Once in the castle dungeon... Hee hee, screw Ilia, Midna's so cute. =3 I wonder why she doesn't use that sort of particle separating thing later in the game though. It looks fun and bubbly. Much more appealing than the squares. after making it up to Zelda (in what felt like the same amount of time as getting through Ordon... That must have been what put me at an hour afterwards. o.O ) I found that the Hyrule Castle Theme remix that plays when Zant overthrows is awesome sounding. Blargh, Midna calls Zelda the Twilight Princess, that liar (to an extent).
Once back, I got the sword and shield moderately quick, headed to Faron... I did a spin attack on all three of the twilight beasts, but somehow only one of them remained after being evenly struck. =\ Must be something you can't skip over. Then I got all of the tears of light from Faron, somehow raked up 100 rupees beforehand to buy another bottle of lantern oil which should help... Then made my way to the Forest temple and stopped.
And somewhere in all of that, Midna hummed her own theme. :P

Gameplay B (3:37 PM-4:34 PM)
Total Play Time: 3 Hours, 5 Minutes

I decided to go through the forest temple. I managed to do everything possible there AND beat it in less than an hour. Joyous occasion.

Last edited by DaKing9 [Bot] on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Mass Runthrough... Sorta... Not Really.
Crap, I wish I had remembered about this. I actually had free time today, and I used most of it playing OoT for what feels like the first time this year. 'Twas fun rediscovering it, but I kind of wish I had done TP instead so I could follow along with this.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Sure. Actually, I'll make a new board for this if you guys wanna get started right away. MFF had a schedule that was followed, though...should we do that here, or just say "play TP, tell us your experiences, and read those of others at your leisure"?

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Yitik wrote:
Sure. Actually, I'll make a new board for this if you guys wanna get started right away. MFF had a schedule that was followed, though...should we do that here, or just say "play TP, tell us your experiences, and read those of others at your leisure"?

I would think the latter, since not many seem to have participated. :P We shoud all start soon, though.

Next time we should schedule it,though.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Yeah, I think it's best if we all just play through and relate/discuss our experiences with each other, rather than scheduling to all play it simultaneously. Reason being, some of us are in vastly different time zones, so if you Americans on the east coast want to play at 8PM, it'll be 1AM here, time I want to spend in the land of nod. :P

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:04 am

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

10/27/08
Day 2
Pregame (4:30-4:35 PM)

Opened up iTunes to play some Sense Fail while I play TP, aslo copied my progress to another memory card. Always good to have a backup. :P

Gameplay C (Oct. 26, the day before. 5:??-5-6:??)
Total Play Time: 4 hours, 26 minutes

I took the time to make it up to the entrance of the Goron Mines yesterday and forgot to edit. Might as well put it here now. :P I cleared through Kakariko's bugs in a subpar manner and afterwards decided to nab the female ant. Maybe I'll grab the gentleman on the way to Lake Hylia.

Gameplay A (For reals. 4:35-5:26 PM)
Total Play Time: 5 hours, 17 minutes

I went through the Goron Mines in less time than the Forest Temple. How Odd. I was expecting it to be more difficult... Wait, but I do think that I skipped a couple of treasure chests. Maybe I'll grab those later. I noticed that the lava will do more damage than... Well, probably anything else in the game. O.o Two hearts. Freaking insane. And when I was fighting the guard to the hero's Bow, Link managed to reach the edge twice, both times of which the decision immediately for "A" button was "Drop Down." :fang: Luckily, though, no deaths have yet occurred, and I don't plan on them doing as such.

Fyrus was pretty anticlimactic, though I'm glad I remembered to grab onto his shackles or that could have been a long, pointless battle. ^_^

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Day 3, First Day I'm Considering To Be Not Productive
10/28/08

Pregame (3:45-6:20 PM)
Okay, I started a little late Today. Not much happened as I was expecting- we were SUPPPOSED to go grocery shopping, but the parents left w/o me and the sister. Thus my dilly-dallying journey begins...

Gameplay A (6:20-8:14 PM)
Total Play Time: 6 hours, 51 minutes

I'm sorta disappointed this time around. I spent a lot of time doing bonus stuff which, nonetheless could help me in the long run, feels like a waste of time now. Sorta. I nabbed both of the pill bugs and the stick bugs, so as soon as I can head back to Castle Town, I'll get those cashed. Before that, I took Talo's Bow and Arrow challenge and got 10 rupees and a Heart Piece. Two more heart pieces were mine in Kakariko after blowing some stuff up, too. Then ANOTHER heart piece just north of kakariko. If I recall correctly. :lol: All I know is that now I have 6 hearts and 3 heart pieces. I might get a fourth later if I decide to head on to Ordon and get the Shield Bash.

During some of hat fun, though, I miraculously got some real story time through and released Lanaryu Province (and thus, all of Hyrule besides what's soon to be the castle) from the clutches of Twilight. Tomorrow's schedule? get Shield Bash and whatever the next skill is. Get a heart piece from Fado by wrangling goats. Get the Zora Tunic and *shiver* Do the Water Temple. Let's hope I'm lucky with those dastardly stairs. D: (Eh, at least it's not as bad as OoT's or anything from AoL. *shrugs*)

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:26 am
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Bah, I must play to maintain Hawkstar's pace. D:

Pregame A (N/A)

Had to go with the parents to rent some movies shortly after turning the Gamecube on- turned it off and went on my way. Did not wear any gaming peripherals like Hawkstar.

Gameplay A (5:25-6:12 PM)
Total Play Time: 7 hours, 28 minutes

Okay, only about 40 minutes on this part. I did more extra stuff and learned the Backstrike. Visited agitha and recieved 300 rupees payment for my bugs, not to mention a brand spanking new Adult's Wallet. :-) Oh, and got a heart piece from Fado.

Pregame B (6:13-6:23)

I ate dinner. Nummy. Pantangle = Best thing Hungry Howie's Makes.

Gameplay B (6:25-7:40)
Total Play Time: 8 Hours, 43 Minutes

I didn't get the time to catch up with ol' Hawky, but I did manage to beat the Lakebed Temple. And make it up to 8 hearts. Whoopee. :D (Moar in depth edit-) The lakebed temple was actually a lot easier than expected. I must have gotten about 50 unnecessary water bombs in there. O.o The bag is still full after clearing that place there were so many. Anyway, I made sure to bug Midna about the "pimply thing." Ha ha. morpheel wasn't as volatile as I remember him, either. guess that kind of thing happens after owning a few more games afterwards. You get... better. (zomg, no wai.) I do hope I have some trouble soon. My wallet's already full, and I plan on fixing all of the bridges. :-)

Oh, and I actually saved in the Middle of MDH, right at the entrance to the old Waterways that are all too familiar. hope nothing "funny" happens because of it. :?

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:13 am
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Day 5, The Reversal of a Trend
10/30/08

Pregame (3:55-4:02 PM)

I turned on the laptop to play some Avenged Sevenfold, but when I got iTunes to finally open up, decided against it. What a waste. =P During, I checked WMB for new posts. Null.

Gameplay A (4:03-6:35 PM)
Total Play Time: 10 hours, 17 minutes

Today's the day I get to catch up with Hawkstar, as will tomorrow if I don't do the Arbiter's Grounds later today. I finished MDH, nabbed the Master Sword asap and... slowed down the pace. D: I looked around for the howl stones that I could remember and learned up to Mortal Draw, which means there's two left for me. The Television's screen is too small and bright to see Golden Bugs without being blinded by the "off-white to pure white" terrain surrounding it most of the time, so I could only grab a female dayfly and ladybug (one of the blinders). Restored the bridge of Eldin and stabbed a dead boar until it blew up in my face to reveal a heart piece. >_> I'm now saved at the entrance to the Grounds.

On a side note, I began to inexplicably sing "You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)" (O_o) while using spin attacks and mortal draws on the Bulbins. Then, after defeating them all, I made sure to say "All your base are belong to Me."

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Oh, no, you guys are way ahead of me. Ah, well, at least I'm trying.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next