View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mass Playthrough (status: clearing Goron Mines, I think...) 

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Post Mass Playthrough (status: clearing Goron Mines, I think...)
I've got back my GCN after borrowing it for around two weeks to a friend of mine (who just so happens that he also fell in love with TP and of course you-know-who). Probably this Thanksgiving vacation I'll have plenty of time to hack down Twilight Princess in one go, but of course that also means lots and lots of journal writing. O.o Let's see how far it goes.

Anyway, I'm telling how I'm gonna set it up. Like many already know, I'm gonna play the GCN version, WaveBird in hand. I'll focus on going through the main quest while doing side-quests whenever possible (Pieces of heart, golden bugs etc.). I'll also try to find any other curious quotes I may find that comes out from the mouth of my shadowy companion. It'll most probably start tomorrow, hopefully.

Wish me luck.

Last edited by Legendboy on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 am
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post Re: Mass Playthrough (status: preparing)
w00t, Wavebirds are made of epic win. Good luck tomorrow. =D

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:12 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Thanks.

As a side note, get your butt at irc - I'm freakin' alone there. plz?

Setting up the Throne

I haven't played anything yet - just a bit of sightseeing on an old file just to make sure the disk still works like a charm. I'm a bit disapointed my TP disk has some minor scratches all around the surface - it's nothing to worry about when the GCN reads it, but it sure hurts its overall value. Oh well. Bear with it, or buy a new one while having the chance.

Today I was fixing the whole corner where I have my 20" TV along with all my consoles at the moment. Since I borrowed the GCN for a couple of weeks, I've moved my consoles a bit. Now it's kinda okay - I've got my N64 on top of the TV, resting on my DVD/VCR combo player. My GCN rests at the left side of the TV, right beside his old contender, the Sony PS2 (got it to play FF games mostly ^_^). Right now only the latter two are connected directly to the TV's RCA input ports. If I ever need to play with the Ultra console someday, I'll just crank out the GCN's cables on its front and plug in the N64 ones.

Wavebird's batteries were changed yesterday with my trusty rechargable ones. The old ones were from its ex-borrower and they were having some signs of acid, so I quickly changed them - acid's never a good buddy when it comes to contacts. I'm gonna miss the rumble, but at least I don't have to worry about cables when playing from my bed afar.

The Memory card's TP file is full, but I don't see why I shouldn't delete an old game and start a new one. That'll be easy. Not changing any names, neither gonna do any fancy objectives - just gonna play Zelda the way it was meant to be played. Wish me luck - I'm probably starting tonight. Don't have Red Bulls, but I do have extra-dark chocolate. XD Dark chocolate pwns all.

To be continued

Thursday, November 27th, 2008
An overnight start

After leaving WMB and shutting down my computer, I went on to take a well deserved bath and got ready to get into my bed - but not to sleep. My focus that night was to breeze into the first "stage" of Twilight Princess - do everything to finally get my butt out of Ordon.

Before playing, though, I forget to change the GCN disk WWE Day of Reckoning out. I guess I've been too addicted with its Create-a-Wrestler tool, even if it's outdated. Oh well. I quickly changed it before I got the itch to play it - my eyes were already having signs of Sleepy-Head Syndrome. I needed the extra boost; let me get started.

So anyway, I breezed through the area, getting as many rupees as possible (without stooping as low as breaking pumpkins open). Everything went normal, though I did got a few goats running away from my whooping skills, and that stupid wall skulltula scared me while getting up the ladder to Link's house.

Overall, I did alright. Kinda sleepy at the end, but at least I reached my goal. Today I was hoping to complete two dungeons, but the family reunion ate most of my free time. I'll see tonight to get past most of the Twilight and save in the Forest Temple. Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it. Almost went face-down to the pillow during gameplay. Hopefully I'll catch some Zs by the time I reach my next goal.

To be continued

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:36 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

*Walks in* Umm...yea, I understand people like to add at least 5 paragraphs (Zelda fans anyway) to their speech, but I have not found the truth to writing so much to one subject. No offense, of course, it just always left me babbled.

When Midna left, she left me in shock and dismay
When Midna returns, I think of that very day
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, will they last?
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, leave me ever so fast

I do not usually write poetry, however, these words came instantly--why waste them? If you wish to converse with me, PM me with a legitimate title.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:39 pm
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

I think you mean "baffled." :lol:

Also, LB, don't forget to edit your title. D: You're no longer preparing. ;)

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

... ... ...Ah. I guess so. I always get those two words confused. They are easy to mix up. I better leave before I spam this topic.

When Midna left, she left me in shock and dismay
When Midna returns, I think of that very day
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, will they last?
The Feelings of Midna I wonder, leave me ever so fast

I do not usually write poetry, however, these words came instantly--why waste them? If you wish to converse with me, PM me with a legitimate title.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Post Re: Mass Playthrough (status: clearing Goron Mines, I think...)
Two reasons, DLL. One, it enhances my brainstorming skillz. And second, I want to make sure my "blog" (well, it IS a blog anyway :P) is different from other members. That way it's more enjoyable.

Anyway. Won't type much today.

What's that awful STENCH?!

Short n' sweet: I couldn't reach my lofty goal today. Yesterday I was waaaaay too sleepy, and had to do some handywork around the house. Got busy. 'Nuff said.

After getting out of jail with a "Get out of Jail" card (READ: Midna), I swift through the sewers. Reaching Zelda, I watched the cutscene. (still amazes me every time I see it). Got through Ordon one more time, and opened my first portal at Ordon Spring. Saved at the entrance of Faron Woods. Meh. I just hope I can do some progress tonight and possibly tomorrow. I dunno if I can finish this before the end of the weekend...but I'll do my best.

Whatever. Going to irc.

To be continued

Too much games!

I got pretty much sidetracked from TP in favor to, like, more than 10 games at the time. This includes many of the Final Fantasy series, Devil May Cry, and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Ugh.

However, I did cleared the second twilight and got the Iron Boots. The battle with King Bublin was kinda rough though - I fell from the horse a couple of times while attempting to kill many of the Bublins surrounding me. The joust went easy - two spin attacks and he was one horn down.

So there I am, about to buy the Hylian Shield and move along the game. I just hope I can muster the will to play a bit more....

To be continued

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]