View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Mass Runthrough 

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

10/26/08

Day 1

Pregame (4:00-5:00)

I was going to start at 4:00, but then I got wrapped up in a Batman movie that was on TV after 58 minutes I managed to tear myself away and went to get my playing gloves. After that I was ready to go.

Gameplay (5:00-6:36)
Total Play Time: 1 hour, 36 minutes

I named myself Hawkstar (how in the name of the Twilight Realm did I come up with a name like that) and was too uncreative to name my horse anything special. Ordon took me about thirty minutes until I finally made it into twilight. Now I immediately noticed that Midna glared at the player a lot and when she first came out of the darkness I couldn't help but smile. I then decided that to make this runthrough even more amusing I'd do voice acting for the characters. It was the most fun that I'd had doing a repeat playthrough of a Zelda game. I noticed once we left the dungeon that the flags outside were at half mast as if to mourn a passing. "Oh well, that is what these seventh time playthroughs are for." I said. Then I found myself subconsciously quoting lines from the Indiana Jones film series. Example: When I was in danger I'd find myself saying "Oh that can't be good, that can't be good at all." Once I left the twilight I found myself making up humorous things for Link to say because he never says anything. After getting the sword and shield I returned to twilight returned light to the world, got mad at a monkey for stealing my lantern, killed some enemies, and entered the Forest Temple before stopping, and as DaKing9 said And somewhere in all of that, Midna hummed her own theme. I however couldn't stop myself from humming it along with her.

Also I found time to sing "You spin me round like a record" on ten separate occasions. ;)

Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post Re: Mass Runthrough... Sorta... Not Really.
Yeah, I'll participate. Tomorrow, though, as it's 11:30 PM, I'm tired, pissed because Chelsea lost, and I'm also playing Fable 2 atm so there's alot of gaming to do, heh. Looking forward to sharing the experience with you fellas. :)

Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

10/27/08

Day 2

Pregame (3:12-3:25)

Considerably shorter than yesterdays prep, eh? This time I had just got home from school and I was about to power up Twilight Princess when I remembered something. "SBCG4AP Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands comes out today!" I said so I took a little bit of time to download that but well it was downloading I got my gaming hat. Now that I'm wearing my gaming hat and gaming gloves I'm super confident.

Gameplay A (3:28-4:16)
Total Play Time: 2 hours, 22 minutes

Today my journey started just inside the Forest Temple (or as I like to call it the "Monkey" Temple). This is my least favorite temple just because finding all the monkeys can get a little tedious sometimes, but it didn't really bother me this time. I continued with the trend of doing voice acting for characters including the irregular line which I use a lot for Link "Super, awesome, fun, time special" (go figure that one out). There wasn't as much Midna interaction this time because all I did was go through a temple, but I did get some chuckles from things she said when I asked her for help. Example: "Look at them with their mouths open like idiots." or something like that. I still kept on quoting Indiana Jones, my most used quote this time was "Drop dead. Oh, I'm sorry, I meant drop dead, comrade." Didn't really make sense with what was going on, but I couldn't stop myself from saying it. Speaking of trends from last time I played I only sang "You spin me round like a record" once, the song I sang more this time was "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. Also it was brought to my attention that Skulltulas seem to spew something when they're hanging from their webs can anyone clear up what that's supposed to be? After leaving the Forest Temple I went to buy the second bottle and then stopped.

Gameplay B (5:58-6:54)
Total Play Time: 3 hours, 14 minutes

I restarted my journey today just in front of the spirits spring and believe me it just got crazier from there. First off I had a frightening run in with the postman, then entered twilight and began repeating "Keep your eyes shut!" (don't even ask why because I don't even know). Once I made it to the village I came up with the strangest voice yet. Eldin the light spirit sounded like Jim Carrey. :lol: After a (not so) emotional cutscene involving the children being found I went to kill some insects, after destroying most of them I noticed that when I'm a wolf I seem to be more likely to sing "You spin me round like a record" than when I'm a human. Once I made it to Death Mountain another strange voice was created. The spirit wolf sounded like Johnny Depp. WTF! Now after I freed the land from twilight I did some sumo wrestling, and then quit right when Colin got captured. Oh, and Midna said one of my favorite lines "Good little, obedient wolf." I don't know why but something about that gets me everytime.

Last edited by Hawkstar on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:28 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post Re: Mass Runthrough
Dang, you're going so much faster than I am. :lol: I dunno what you're talking about with the skulltula's, though. :? I always shot 'em down before getting near them.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

10/28/08

Day 3

Pregame A (3:07-3:08)

Wow, these pregame sections just keep getting shorter and shorter. This time the only thing I had to do was check homestarrunner.com to see if the new Halloween toon was up yet and then I had to get my playing hat (I was already wearing my playing gloves because I wore them to school).

Gameplay A (3:10-4:16)
Total Play Time: 4 hours, 19 minutes

Well, today my Indy quote was "Not as easy as it used to be." I managed to complete Goron Mines today rather simply. I must say that the battle with Fyrus was not very exciting then again I almost forgot to shoot his forehead with arrows so that could have been bad if I had forgotten. I found that I fell into the magma a lot when going through the dungeon, but I'm still yet to die. Also, did anyone else realize that before the Fyrus' eye begins to glow really bright it looks like the Eye of Sauron? Just thought I'd bring that up. I plan to play again today.

Pregame B (4:37-4:46)

I hardly took anytime between playtime A and playtime B, but that's only because the twilight was calling me. I only took this long of a pregame to get into my full gaming outfit.

Gameplay B (4:48-6:00)

Total Play Time: 5 hours, 29 minutes

This was the first time I played in my gaming suit as I call it. I needed rupees because I couldn't afford my Hylian Shield and Bombs. Unfortunatly I bought the shield first >.< so I had to search for some more rupees. When I was searching I found both the male and female ants plus I saw something I'd never seen before if the player enters the Eld Inn after completing the Goron Mines Colin is still in bed but people are now shoving various foodstuffs into his face. This time around I didn't use any Indiana Jones quotes but I did use plenty of quotes the first time was when I saw an enemy and said "I say monstrosity, do you has the times?", then just before climbing the waterfall I yelled (because I was home alone) "Looks like I'm gonna have to jump!" and as I was climbing the waterfall I remarked "Once I get to the top of this waterfall, I'll maybe get to throw some people off, maybe even an enemy." (I wonder if anyone will get those references). After watching an epic cutscene of the ice melting I went and got the rest of the insects and I must say even though I was expecting the Twilit Bloat it still gave me the Jibblies (if anyone can figure out what I'm referring to here I'll laugh). I stopped playing after freeing the Lanayru Province from twilight.

Last edited by Hawkstar on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:25 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

I did notice that. :lol: And onoez, you're catching up. D: I'll be playing later today,though. After some errands.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

10/29/08

Day 4

Pregame (3:13-3:15)

Today was a pretty short pregame because I couldn't put on "Mah Gamin' Duds" as I call them, because someone was here and I didn't want to come off as a freak. All I put on today was my gaming gloves and my gaming hat.

Gameplay (3:17-5:59)
Total Play Time: 8 hours, 9 minutes

Wow, did lots of playing today, I dare you to catch up now DaK! Alright now that the challenge to DaKing9 is out of the way, I started my journey right outside the spirit spring and immediately took off to find the Zora Armour. After I found that I headed off back to Lake Hylia to tackle the Lakebed Temple. I realized Midna's got some funny things to say during the battle with the Deku Toad. :lol: Morpheel was annoying as hell to fight, but I managed to finish him, dreading what would come next. That's right, today I reached Midna's Desperate Hour and I can honestly say that it's still just as emotionally touching as it was the first time around. I noticed two things this time, 1: "Inverted" Midna as I shall refer to her as is cute, but it's way hard to concentrate on the cuteness factor (believe me I tried) and 2: When Midna is near death the blue lines no longer glow with the energy of the Twili. After MDH was completed I headed off to find the blade of evils bane, the Master Sword. Now I would have been finished a little sooner, but that puzzle always gets me every single time. After drawing the Master Sword and regaining my human form I stopped but first I called out one last thing. "Domination, I got the Master Sword!"

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

onoez, I've been lollygagging today. D: *goes to catch back up*

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 pm
Profile WWW

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

10/30/08

Day 5

Pregame (3:25-3:26)

Once again today I couldn't wear my full gaming armor (look, another new name for my gaming clothes) because someone was in the building with me so I just wore my gaming gloves and hat and then booted up the Wii.

Gameplay (3:27-5:15)

Total Play Time: 9 hours, fifty-six minutes

Today I started right inside the Sacred Grove and warped off to Lake Hylia. I went to get Auru's Memo and activated a Howl Stone as well. After being launched to Gerudo Desert, watching a cutscene and adding in the Zant line "I'm a sadist." I opened the warp point at Gerudo Mesa and then headed off to my second favorite temple, the Arbiters Grounds. It was at this point that I sang "You spin me round like a record" for the first time since day 2 (ah, the nostalgic moments). This time it wasn't planned though, when I entered the Arbiters Grounds during a cutscene Link was spinning uncontrollably so the first thing I could think to do was sing! Speaking of things I haven't done in a while I said an Indy quote again today, "Put your hands down will ya, you're embarrassing us." to be exact. I said some pretty strange dialogue during the Stallord fight. During his first phase I didn't do any dialogue because I was busy singing "This is Halloween" (don't ask, it's a long story), but during his second phase I first said "You switched off your targeting computer, is something wrong?" (once again, don't ask) and then later I said "Stallord, you fail at life, er, I mean death, you fail at death or something like that." (this was meant as a joke, Stallord is my second favorite boss). After watching a cutscene about Ganondorf I headed off to catch a Reekfish and went to the Snowpeak Ruins (my second least favorite temple) and quit just after entering the door. Oh, and I learned three hidden skills today, one more to go, I'm ready Great Spin, gimme all you got.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

11/01/08

Day 6

Pregame (3:30-3:39)

Oh, no I'm double posting! Ah well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Wow, nine minutes to get into "Mah Gamin' Duds" that's gotta be a new record or something. That's all I did in this pregame was put on my gaming armor.

Gameplay (3:40-4:48)

Total Play Time: 11 Hours, 2 Minutes

Alright today I had to go through my second least favorite dungeon, Snowpeak Ruins. Hey don't get me wrong Snowpeak is a cool province (no pun intended), Blizzeta's got some of my favorite boss battle music, and Midna's thoughts about the food are hilarious, but there's just to much ice everywhere for my liking. When in the Snowpeak Ruins I got two more hearts on my health bar (yay) and managed to get two bottles full of soup. When I was going through Snowpeak Ruins my song of choice to sing was "Nothings Gonna Stop Me Now" by Jesse Frederocl & Bennet Salvay (it was actually just stuck in my head, so it wasn't really a choice). Man, I had some fun with voice acting today, let's just put it into a simple math equation, Voice Acting+Midna+Food=Great Fun. I thought about something as well who used to live in what is now Snowpeak Ruins? What made them leave? These questions may never be answered, but if anyone wants to, they're free to throw in their two cents on the matter. I might play again today.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next