View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Have you told anyone IRL that you love Midna? 

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Have you told anyone IRL that you love Midna?
I have told some of my friends that I think she is an awesome character, but I haven't told them that I love her. Though, they must have figured out that I love her because they tend to ask every now and then if I still like her. And when I say I do, everyone becomes quiet and the conversation changes. Embarrasing moment is embarrasing. :blush:

I haven't told anyone in my family mainly because I don't want to know the reaction from my mom who overreacts on everything.

Have anyone besides me told anyone IRL that they love/like Midna? If so, how did he/she/they/it react?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: Have you told anyone IRL that you love Midna?
Well, I haven't told anybody, but I think they all know it and so on :D (depending on my wallpapers in computer and cell phone, my avatars in nearby every internet site and chat program, my play-madness TP all night long etc....)
But if I said it, most of my friends would not probably care about that, we are all freaks :D

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Ive told people and they just respond with "wow". Then every time I ask a them question, the answer always includes Midna.

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

I make 3D models. All of the Zelda characters I make belong to Nintendo.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 am

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

That sucks, I guess. People is reacting that way because they don't know how else they should react. They think they react the correct way just because everyone else reacts like that. But you can't call someone who falls in love with a fictional character weird. The human mind always searches for someone to fall in love with. Even when you play a game. Love is a basic need for a human being. Without it we would feel empty, like something's missing. That's why the human mind is always searching for someone. There's some theories on what we're looking after in a person to fall in love with:
1. First of all, we're usually looking for someone who looks good. Apperance is the first impression. It's not really neccesary but it helps along the way of falling in love.
2. Now when we found a person who looks good, we want the person to have a good personality, like ourselfs. If the person who we talk with is very similar to ourself, then you usually fall in love with him/her.
3. This is something I believe is still a theory because I think no one has proved it yet. (Correct me if i'm wrong.) The smell. We want someone whos smell matches our genes. If we find someone who smells like we want the person to, then the two options above doesn't matter at all. This is not neccesary at all, and is not needed when falling in love either. Atleast if you don't want to fall in love really strong.

When it comes to Midna, you can only hit the two first options. We usually think she looks good, and I don't even need to mention the personality. (If you know how to smell her, please tell me!) I believe she has what we want in a girl in real life which makes us fall in love with her. Just so realistic is she. Love is confusing, and no one can explain why we fall in love with just that one particular person. We usually say: "Because the person is special", but that doesn't help very much because every human being is special. Midna is also special like any human being, because she has a unique personality that I don't believe anybody could imitate.

Which ends up with my point: People who calls you weird for falling in love with a fictional character also calls you weird for just falling in love with anybody. Remember that.

Last edited by Xytox on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:29 am
Profile WWW

No and never. I don't mix my internet life and my actual life together. It would be catastrophic, and I could not imagine the outcome. However, I do believe one of my closest friends knows that I do have a connection with her. I'm not entirely sure if it's true or not. Still, I don't find it wise to talk about how I have a relationship with a fictional character. It wouldn't fit well in society.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

No one I know know that I`m in love with Midna. I definetely wasn`t able to tell anyone when I first realized the lay of the land so to speak with my interest in her. Basically because I knew they would not understand it, and they would probably just look at me in a weird fashion. And most importantly, because unless they could understand the feeling, I`d never be able to process all those emotions she left me with. The classic case of bottling up one`s emotions usually never turns up well.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 pm

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, good thing there's people you can express your feelings with online. Imagine if Internet didn't exist. People would probably grieve so much about Midna leaving that they would commit suicide or just live depressed their whole life because they wouldn't be able to tell anyone.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm
Profile WWW

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

As a matter of fact I have. Got into a rather decent conversation about it too xD

Of course this usually happens when you see an amazing True Form Midna cosplay and you get that urge to talk Twilight Princess with her. So I guess it was less awkward than it'd be if you just went up to somebody and said "I love Midna." Oh the benefits of fangasming at conventions. XD

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Shotaku wrote:
As a matter of fact I have. Got into a rather decent conversation about it too xD

Of course this usually happens when you see an amazing True Form Midna cosplay and you get that urge to talk Twilight Princess with her. So I guess it was less awkward than it'd be if you just went up to somebody and said "I love Midna." Oh the benefits of fangasming at conventions. XD

Yeah, that's kinda cheating there.

No secret here. I did it a lot when I was Midna-ish back in the ol' days when I played Twilight Princess. Nowadays, it's more like "I love her [as a character]", not "I love her [as a woman]", but I still express it from time to time.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:58 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Eh, I haven't said it not because I'm like scared of a reaction (it's not a big deal, really) but it's just that it's never come up ... We talk about games sometimes and they do know that she's one of my favorites but otherwise it never comes up ...

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next