View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Our Love for an Imp 

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Our Love for an Imp
Canard wrote:
i hate the time limit, I just wrote my heart out on this, and when I pressed submit, it acted as if i never wrote it. WHY!?!?!

That has happened to me. What happened was I took to long and it logged me out. Did it make you log in again? If not, I don't know what happened.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Midna Lover

Neophyte

Neophyte

twilightstarr wrote:
Canard wrote:
i hate the time limit, I just wrote my heart out on this, and when I pressed submit, it acted as if i never wrote it. WHY!?!?!

That has happened to me. What happened was I took to long and it logged me out. Did it make you log in again? If not, I don't know what happened.

yeah pretty much. I'll type it up again sometime next week end when I have another hour where I don't have to do homework.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:31 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Our Love for an Imp
Canard wrote:
Yeah pretty much. I'll type it up again sometime next week end when I have another hour where I don't have to do homework.

Ah, I hate it when that happens. I actually needed to rush my testimonial due to those circumstances. Yet strangely it came out surprisingly well, and I don't intend to change it.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 am

greenhorn hero

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

I first played TP many years ago i think maybe... 5 years ago... and finally beat it years later i finally beat it yesterday. During the final show down against Ganondorf I kept on hitting Z to ask Midna what to do,forgetting that she wasn't there. i cant say i felt as emotional as some of the other people but i did experiece some of what they said. like flinching when zant attacked midna and feeling scared that i wouldnt make it in time when taking her to zelda. when she revealed that at first she was only using me i understood why and forgave her. at the very end as she departed i felt this couldent be the end and these feelings where reinforced when she said "see you later"
basicly i endid up google searching "will midna come back", which led me here. I may not "Love" midna but i certantly adore her.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Forumite

Forumite

I've been preparing myself to write this for quite a time and I think this is the right moment to do so. Seeing another member join (and post here in the middle of me writing this O.O ) gave me motivation.
Alright, here we go.
Sometime this year I was gifted a used Wii console. It was a gift from the heavens, I must say. I have always wanted one of those modern consoles, since the last 'console' I had was some NES clone. Pegasus, maybe, I'm not sure.
Back on the main track now, after I got bored of Wii Sports I started looking for something else to play. Most of the titles I saw involved Mario and I really didn't want to play any Mario games. I tried them out once. I was terrible at them. Never again.
But another thing that would come up often on these game lists... Was Legend of Zelda. And I've heard of Legend of Zelda and I knew it was popular and widely loved. I also liked RPG games... I mean, simply games with swords, shields and bows. Especially bows. Legend of Zelda has all three. Therefore I decided to get myself to play a LoZ game from start to beginning. But which game?
Lacking Wii MotionPlus and desiring a title that would make use of Wiimotes' functionalities, my hands landed on Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. 'Tis gonna be some enemy fighting, puzzle solving casual fun, I thought.
Yeah, right.
First of all, I couldn't even figure out how to make Epona jump over a fence. So I used a walkthrough. Then I couldn't figure out how to make the cat come back to the lady whatever her name was. I tried chasing the cat around, but it didn't work. So I used a walkthrough. And that's how the walkthrough became my first LoZ TP companion.
However, another companion was to appear.
When I first saw Midna, my thoughts went like this:
"Wow, what is this thing?? Is this a friend or a foe...? Wow, she..Is it a she? Looks like a she and sounds like a she, well she-he-it looks gorgeous! They wouldn't make an enemy gorgeous, would they? Na, they'd make 'em ugly. I'm pretty certain this is a good character." I was correct in my assumptions that this cute little imp is not evil.
Her appearence was not the main thing I adored, though. It was the voice. I am a bit of a weird amateur linguistics nerd and I absolutely fell in LOVE with Midna's scrambled voice. It was a sweet melody for my ears, like listening to some accent I've never heard before. I tried figuring out what language she was speaking, if it wasn't just gibberish. It sounded like Japanese to me until I heard that one voice sample when she seems to be saying "power" at the end. Yeah, that "r". English. English... with a Japanese accent? But I still couldn't get what she was saying, except for that one word, "power".
Throughout the course of the game I would often call Midna just to hear her voice.
I have also recognised her as a character with an interesting personality. I didn't like how she treated me in the prison, but soon, when she offered to help I instantly thought of her as a friend. She did seem friendly you know, just teasing me a bit, but I didn't mind. I liked her funny remarks. Also, like I said once on this website, when she called me an idiot, the walkthrough-dependent me could only agree. I was also glad to see a character not as boring as all the people in Ordon village.
Somehow, I have started to develop feelings for her. Not sure when exactly, but it was before MDH, I can tell.
A feeling I've recognised and labeled as 'crush'.
When she asked for help, I'd say "Yes, yes, of course! I'd do anything for ya!"
At the infamous scene with Zant after the Lakebed Temple, I was furious. I wanted to punch Zant in the face, but then I was a bit scared of him (I didn't know he was a ballerina with a squeaky voice yet).
When Midna landed on my wolfy back, close to death, like many here I tried to get to Zelda as fast as I could, ignoring the enemies on my way. I didn't exactly believe the game itself had some timer, no, I hurried for Midna, as I treated her as something more than a bunch of binary data, despite knowing I could probably take 3 years doing this part and she wouldn't die.
Now, now, I spoiled the game for myself a bit using the walkthrough. I knew her "true form" (and didn't like it), I knew she was going to destroy the mirror. Heck, she made it pretty obvious with all the "We may be assembling something we will ultimately have to destroy".
Despite that (or maybe, because of that), I feared the end of the game. I wanted it to never end and I was pleased to see in the walkthrough that I still had quite some dungeons to do.
But the end was inevitable. It happened eventually, it had to happen, I defeated Ganondorf. And I wanted a treat. A nice, heart-warming ending scene. Instead, all I got was devastation. Thanks, Nintendo.
I literally cried in front of the TV. Fortunately, it was like 1am and nobody else was around. I cried when she said that as long as the mirror is around, we'll be able to meet again. I cried when she said "I.... see you later" and I cried when, having all that said, she destroyed the mirror, as if to make me suffer more. But I knew it wasn't an act of hatred and that she struggled to make herself do it. I saluted her, waited for the end of the credits and turned off the TV. "She will stay in my memory." I promised.
My feelings for her persisted for some time. Was this "love"? Probably. No, not attraction. I wanted to be next to her, I wanted to spend time with her, I wanted for her to be happy. Also, to give her a huuuge hug. Sounds childish, hah. I guess it's because love is all over everywhere. Songs, books, poems, TV shows, so many of them orbiting around love, we all hear these words way so often that they start to sound meaningless. I myself hated it and I never understood Francesco Petrarca when we read his poems at school until I got a crush myself. Now I still hate it :lol: but a bit less.
Now, had I made myself write this when I joined this fansite, this post would end here.
But I am writing this after I cooled down. The feeling... seems to be almost non-existent now, although it's still there. Much weaker. I still keep thinking about Midna, but I'm alright.
I've started my second playthrough of LoZ TP. Midna now seems... to be just a video game character.
However, I'm still unsure whether I can handle the ending scene and... the feeling seems to be growing a little.
I'm struggling a bit here. She's just a video game character I don't need to care about... but also not just a video game character... :?
But I'm fine. You could even say I "got over it".
I'm back in reality... Not fully, but almost fully.
I still wish for Hyrule and the Twilight Realm to be real.
I still secretely hope to meet Midna one day.
But I'm fine now, really. :)

Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:10 pm

greenhorn hero

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

O.O That was very emotional and deep. I know how you feel about the whole "Not fully in reality thing" (not very good at expressing myself through writing :P ). I really want Midna to appear in another Zelda game.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Sonic's Midna: the Ultimate Life Form

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Abstract wrote:
When I got to the castle, and saw the scene, I realized that not only is Midna a beautiful and sassy girl, but she is a kind and compassionate girl, one who had almost gone completely unnoticed. It was then, that I confessed to myself that I was in love with her.

I found MFF the next day, and wasted no time joining, all the while giddy with glee that I wasn't insane for feeling this way (Or at least, not the only insane one. :lol: ) And eventually found WMB. I'm more active on the MFF boards, but both MFF and WMB have helped me deal with my feelings, making me realize that it's normal for this kind of thing to happen. Had I not found these places, I would no doubt be as depressed as ever, and for helping me through this, I owe all of you a heartfelt "Thank you." I know I'll always love Midna, no matter what, and even though I know she isn't going to pop out of my TV, I'm happy with the fact that i can see her every day anyway. :)

Thanks for reading

You speak with true devotion. She truly reached out to our hearts in unexpected ways. And after I first played Sonic Adventure 2, I felt pretty much the same way about Shadow the Hedgehog. After he supposedly died after he and Sonic beat the Biolizard and ever since then, I was pretty darn sad, because he, along with Sonic himself, was my favorite character in the entire game and when I found out that he would be showing up again in Sonic Heroes, I was actually pretty happy. But, considering that it's been eight years since Twilight Princess came out, and there was a three year gap between SA2 and Sonic Heroes, I guess this makes Midna's departure all the more painful. I hope Nintendo lets us see more of her sometime in a future Zelda game.

-- Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:30 am --

I guess Eiji Aounuma did say that he would allow Midna to star in a future Zelda game if enough people said so. Well, the fact that this very website is devoted to such a thing and the large number of people making posts to it seem like more than enough reason to keep hope alive. So, it does seem a bit likely that Midna would show up in a future installment. But I would like to thank Nintendo for making it clear from the get-go that Skyward Sword wasn't going to be that game, so as not to raise my hopes up gratuitously.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Here it is, a two page long testimonial that explains my purpose here as a member. I hope you enjoy it. ;)

I guess my story with Midna starts off a while ago. Before I even became acquainted with Legend of Zelda, I used to play these old “click and point” adventure games called “Kings Quest”. These were the games that would pave the path to becoming an adventure game enthusiast. When I had completed the entire “Kings Quest” series, there was nothing left to play. Years past until one day, summer of 2012, I finally decided to find myself a new adventure game. I began to browse the internet to see if there were any good titles on sale, and that’s when I stumbled upon Skyward Sword, which was just barely released at the time. I saw the game teasers and advertisements for it, and I was rather impressed from what I saw, so I wrote it down on my Birthday List. When I finally got the game (not to mention the faulty and irksome motion controllers that came with it), I was not disappointed. The graphics, game play, colorful environment and family friendly content were enough to make me an (almost) instant fan of the series.
I eventually finished the game (well almost, except for the very final boss battle with Demise. By that point, I became very fed up with the motion controllers which kept malfunctioning every 20 minutes, and so I didn’t bother to finish) and, again, had nothing to play. It wasn’t until a year later in the summer of 2013 that my younger brother brought home a Wii game called “Twilight Princess”. He was shopping at Wal-Mart with my mom when he came across a left over copy in media isle. It was on a special discount price, so he went ahead and bought it. Remembering how good Skyward Sword was, I was looking forward to see what Twilight Princess had to offer.
Looking at the back cover, I saw a picture of Wolf Link with a strange creature. I recognized it as one of the Smash Trophies in “Smash Bros. Brawl”, and regarded it as one of the game’s ‘odd-ball’ characters. I played through the first part of the game in Ordon Village, expecting some pivotal event at any moment. When the Orcs (I know, they’re called ‘Bulblins’, but I like to refer to them by how they look) attacked Link, Ilia and Colin, I knew things were about to get interesting. After getting through the Twilight cut scene with Link’s transformation, I found myself in a small dungeon cell…
That’s when I met her.
At first, she seemed to me mischievous and troublesome, much like brownies or fairies of Olden English folklore. At the same time, I found her a rather interesting companion. As the game progressed, I didn’t see her any different. However, she wasn’t as irritating as Fi, who constantly interrupted and pointed out the obvious. It wasn’t until the end of the Lakebed temple that I saw her relationship with Link in a new light. When Zant commented that Midna shouldn’t converse with “their kind”, I knew that there was something much deeper that a guardianship developing between her and Link. The scene with Midna’s Desperate hour to me was very moving and memorable.
From that point on, I was always interested to see what she was going to do next, and played the game just for the story plot alone (well, not entirely, I might have exaggerated that. But yes, that was my motivation.). To me, Link’s and Midna’s friendship was a very beautiful thing, and it grew deeper as the story progressed. I also began to see that she was, in fact, very attractive in her own special way.
I eventually finished all the Temples, thwarted the psychedelic Zant, and defeated the Dark Lord Ganondorf. It was then that I reached the infamous Mirror cut scene. I expected that Midna would finally convey her true feelings to Link before descending to her homeland. Then she shattered the mirror without saying a word…
My initial reaction was “Wait, what? That’s it!? Preposterous! How could they just end the game there?! WHY?!”. Not only did she not say a word to Link about how she felt, but she also permanently severed the link between her world and Hyrule. Never before in my life had I felt so disappointed by a video game.
The few following weeks after that left me feeling depressed, empty and cheated. No matter what I did, I just couldn’t shake it off. I eventually rationalized that maybe if I purchased another adventure game, the bad feelings would go away. That’s what lead me to buying and playing “Ocarina of Time” from the Wii Channel. However, the feelings of disappointment and betrayal kept coming back from time to time. This experience lead me to finding , and eventually joining, the Want Midna Back organization.
Now, I don’t know exactly how or when I came across WMB. What I do remember is feeling hope and peace that people out there felt the same way I felt, and were trying to do something about it, that there was a fighting chance that she might have a comeback. For a long while, I considered joining, but just regarded it by simply agreeing to their cause and objectives. It wasn’t until very recently that I finally decided to make a difference, and submit to the cause by offering up this testimonial, written on the 26th day of February 2014 A.D..
I now speak directly to Nintendo. First off, let me compliment you on the excellent work you did with the “Legend of Zelda” series. Without your ingenuity, this organization would not have existed, neither would the global fan base that so dearly love The Legend of Zelda. For that, we thank you. However, we still stand as a testament to the opinion of your customers, and declare that we will do whatever it takes to gain our satisfaction, a goal of which should be your utmost priority. It would be such a tragedy to see such a well written character thrown away forever. Just remember that we still stand as your audience, and that the customer is always correct. How she is brought back in the next game is up to you. The realm of fiction is filled with endless possibilities, so I’m sure it shouldn’t be that hard to bring her back. Just remember that the decision lies within your hands now. Choose wisely.
As for me, I shall wait with diligence and patience, moving on with the regular movements of life knowing that I have done my part. I will wait for E3, when the question of her return will be answered. If it isn’t then, then I will continue to wait until the time shall come. Good things come to those, who wait…

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:32 am

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I never thought the day would come I would be writing this post, expressing how much I am still beaming with happiness from the news of her in SSB4, the news of her RETURN. This feeling is great. I feel rejuvenated. I feel truly in love with her again. Great job Nintendo, two thumbs up. I love you so much, Middy. :)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:45 am
Profile WWW

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Silvs wrote:
I never thought the day would come I would be writing this post, expressing how much I am still beaming with happiness from the news of her in SSB4, the news of her RETURN. This feeling is great. I feel rejuvenated. I feel truly in love with her again. Great job Nintendo, two thumbs up. I love you so much, Middy. :)

Quite so. This is a great milestone for us, as well as a great advantage. However, our mission will not be complete until she returns in an official title. We still have some distance to cover yet...

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23