View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Midna's Sword & Shield 

The Twilight Princess Herself!

Forumite

Forumite

Heavy RP Characters: I don't roleplay, I'm a princess!
Post Re: Midna's Sword & Shield
My take on a weapon I would use? Something like a whip made of chains with a large blade at one end of it. The previous topic was Link's take, in case you were wondering. I have got to change my password... :plot:

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:32 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

ActuallyMidna wrote:
My take on a weapon I would use? Something like a whip made of chains with a large blade at one end of it.

That is very believable. How about a dual-bladed chain whip? Or having one part of it act like a grappling hook?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:16 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
TheSkyIsUp wrote:
Any shield she uses would need eye holes so that she could see while using it.

...That kind of defeats the point of a shield. :lol:

What about a swat shield/riot shield? I know it doesn't necessarily have wholes but it's a see through shield. Actually how about a SWAT Midna? Midna joins the military? Why does the first thing that comes to my mind is her imp form? Must be because I associate her with that form. But yeah a riot shield is an example of a shield that you can see through but your foes cannot penetrate through. And yes I know Hyrule wouldn't have these kinds of shields but the Zelda universe is filled with crazy law defying contraptions so it can be possible right?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
What about a swat shield/riot shield? I know it doesn't necessarily have wholes but it's a see through shield. Actually how about a SWAT Midna? Midna joins the military?

...I have nothing to comment on that. It's just ridiculous, and there's no way she can look threatening...unless she has her hair in a fist most of the time. :plot:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
What I thought would be cool is putting the two together, a shied-sword. I don't know if they exist, I hope not because I want to sound creative.

Your design is creative and it is cool to think of that, however the idea has been done before in Fire Emblem in a different manner. Regardless, nice thought.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Twist wrote:
What I thought would be cool is putting the two together, a shied-sword. I don't know if they exist, I hope not because I want to sound creative.

Your design is creative and it is cool to think of that, however the idea has been done before in Fire Emblem in a different manner. Regardless, nice thought.

It has also been done in the upcoming game, Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS. The weapon is called the charge axe. It can be split into a sword and shield or be put together to make a powerful two handed axe. It's pretty sweet and I cant wait to try it out myself if the game comes out here in the west. Okay we are getting a little off topic here. How about Midna with a shield AND a lance?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Midna with a shield and a spear would be intriguing, but I'm not sure how it would work. She would have to keep the shield between her wrist and elbow and a spear is usually held with two arms. It's possible, but difficult.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Welcome to The Twilight...

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

I always imagined Midna as having a katana (true form anyway). To me midna has more of a mideatern look so i always imagined here with a Black katana with twili markings on it.

I will never forget Midna. Till they day I die, Midna will be forever alive in my heart.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

While I can see Midna using a scimitar, I think a spear looks better to me. Heck, I can imagine her with a claymore before a scimitar.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
...No. I really cannot see her with any kind of two handed sword. Nor a spear for some reason. I don't know, her attire has mostly to do with it, I guess if she's ever in a new game with a different outfit then a spear would seem to work better, but scimitar it is to me.

Oh, you meant in her human form? In that case, yes, a scimitar is perfect. I don't know why, but I usually imagine that little imp wielding giant weapons.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next