View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 What Would You Do In The Twilight Realm? 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What Would You Do In The Twilight Realm?
Well, the Twilight Realm apparently has its own set of gods, according to Midna. They "chose" Link, and that's how the Sols merged with his sword. Perhaps they were actually artifacts crafted by the gods of the realm, so to speak?

Twili culture is so incredibly vague... This is why the first thing I said when I joined WMB is that we need more info on the Twili in general, not just popping Midna back into a game.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Hilarious bullshit, so it's ok :P

No idea why there would be gods there, but according to Midna there are. That doesn't mean they're *actual* gods, though. They could be cultural idols that have developed overtime that are just branch-offs of the typical Hyrulean gods. Or, perhaps, ancestors that have become "godlike" over time. Many explanations, and not all of them have to be literal "gods."

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Spookypatrol wrote:
I agree with Twist that we really shouldn't apply any real-world logic to the Twilight Realm,
The only problem here is that Link could just enter the Twilight Realm. If there would be different physical laws than in our would, any being who enters this Realm would cease to exist. And how could the Dark Interlopers have survives after being exiled? That the Twili might have adapted is one thing, but instantly? They had been ordinary humans or Hylians in the beginning, right?

Twist wrote:
Was there a fourth God of Hyrule, a devil of sorts and Din Nayrue and Farore banished him/her to the Twilight realm which they created to lock all other evil-doers?
This had actually been a somewhat popular theory among the LoZ community. They connected this fourth deity with the fourth triangle on the Hylian shield of Ocarina of Time, you know, the one which is upside down at the bottom. But apparently Nintendo didn't like this theory and so they removed this triangle from future Hylian shields. Source: http://zeldawiki.org/Tetraforce

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

It's not about our world, it's about Hyrule's laws. And having different rules does not mean that it's an "exist or cease to exist" matter. There are not necessarily absolutes, I'm just agreeing with Twist that we can't apply our own "real world logic." Link also spent a brief period of time there.

And remember something about adaptation in the Zeldaverse. The Zoras and the Rito are the same thing. The Kokiri and the Korok, etc. The gods "willfully evolved" these species to adapt to their new, flooded environment. A similar situation could have very well happened to the Twili, and even if it wasn't the exact same idea, it's just another example of why we can't apply our real-world logic.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Newbie

WMB Newbie

To understand this we have to erase every single thing we know about this world and start from the beginning

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Well if you want to get *really* technical, not necessarily, seeing as the creators were, to varying degrees, influenced by real-world ideas. We cannot separate ourselves entirely from our surroundings or culture. It's just not possible. The human mind cannot conceive it.

But to a less technical degree, we do need to not take things quite so "black and white." There's a lot subject to change, at the creator's discretion, so I'm trying to speculate purely based on what we've already seen the creators do. (such as my example with the species "evolution" after the flood of Hyrule, or the mention of the Twilight Realm having its own set of gods.) Keep in mind, what we see of the Twilight Realm is only the Palace. Who knows what the more "common" areas are like, or even where they are situated. Who knows how many other Sols there are, etc. We have very little to work with within the scope of the Twilight Realm itself.

But, Twilight Princess is notoriously poorly written, apparently... so there's also that.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4