View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Would you let her go? 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

For some time i kept denying the fact that Midna destroyed the Mirror of Twilight wittingly. I had rather thought that this had happened by accident.
But since i have become aware that she did this at will, i keep thinking about what i would have done if i had been there instead of Link, knowing what would happen, but had a chance to stop her. You have to keep in mind that my feelings toward Midna could still be best characterized as love.

I actually think that i would let her go. Of course this would cause me incredible pain and i would not want it to happen, but after all, decisions like this are part of her personality. It wouldn't be Midna if she had put selfish motives over the greater good (sry FEZeldalord, i had to use that phrase again :twisted: ). And as it's her personality we like her so much for, i would have to accept what she does.

Now what would you have done? (Given that you couldn't simply go with her as you probably couldn't survive in the Twilight Realm permanently as otherwise Link would likely have done this)

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:19 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Would you let her go?
I would've let Midna go too. As much as I loved her, it was fair for her to part and whatever reason it was is surely just.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Speaking of which:

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post Would you let her go?
Never.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:07 am
Profile YIM

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Would you let her go?
I guess I would have let her go. It's her choice, and it would be controlling to keep her from her world. I wouldn't want her to feel forevermore like she had wrongly abandoned the Twilight World. It's also true though that I'm one of the people that isn't in love with Midna, so I can see how it would be more difficult or impossible for some others to let her make the decision she did. Sometimes I wish that I did love her that much.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Treasure Hunter

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

regrettingly, and with a heart shattered as much as the mirror itself, I would have.

she has her own world and people to rule, I cant hold back her life just so I can feel comfortable and happy, because she wouldn't be.

but this is what WMB is for, to see our beloved Imp once again

I cant recommend this web comic enough, its just too good, you're missing out if you don't check it out

----

no matter who we perceive to be our biggest threat, our biggest danger or Enemy. in the end, the one we all have to stay aware of is ourselves, its hard to see the shadowing darkness that lies within, even more so to resist.

Theres always that one time, the one time where you feel that rage, such power. maybe for you its more than once, have you never stopped to think? something feeds from that anger, that Darkness within all our souls.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

Midna's eteranl lover, Chrysalis' eteranl servant

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

Let her go? Hell, I'd go with HER! <3

But seriously, if that wasn't an option, I probably would. It'd tear my heart out and inside-out, but I'd tell myself that it has to be done. She has her own world to rule, and it's not the one in which I live. She also has her own subjects to rule, hence her own duties to fulfill. However, before she leaves, I'd probably find a way to confess to her how I truly feel about her. I'm not trying to keep her from leaving, but I also couldn't bear to just let her go without knowing the truth of how I feel about her.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:41 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Of course I would let her go. I respect other peoples decisions especially when it comes to things like that. I know how it feels to have a heart shattered (Well somewhat) but when something has to be done it has to be done. She left because she had unfinished business plus that's where she belonged. Look I love Midna as much as the next guy but when two people are from a different realm it's kind of obvious that things really weren't meant to be even if it seems like it was really meant to be. Two people. Both from a different world. It will always have a sad ending and this is the case with Twilight Princess.

Note that Midna x Link is my favorite shipping in the Zelda series so don't hate on what I just said, I'm just expressing my thoughts and ideas to the situation the thread presented. So yeah, I like a sad ending once in a while and I like it in my life as well from time to time as well if that makes any sense. So I would let Midna go as it was not meant to be!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:48 am
Profile WWW

WMB Newbie

WMB Newbie

Yes, I'd let her go immediately, as much immediately as I would have follow her...

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Kawaii incarnate

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

More new people! More new souls.
Welcome, I guess!
And I never thought that following her was an option. It'a a good one though.

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next