View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Shadow Crystal, and its importance 

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post The Shadow Crystal, and its importance
After reading a bit of Zeldapedia, I seen that Zant has intended to use the Shadow Crystal against Midna. I was always curious of what harm it could have done to her. Seeing what it done to link, a being of light, being struck in the head didn't kill him, so how about Midna?
And about turning Link into a wolf and vise versa, what does Midna do? Say poof, you are now a wolf, or just jam the crystal into, lets say, his arm, or head? How about retrieving the crystal? Always curious.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay site.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:33 pm
Profile WWW

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: The Shadow Crystal, and its importance
if you'll recall the other Twili, the ones that were deformed and had the shadowbeast masks on, im thinking zant used those to turn them into pure shadow instead of a combination of the two.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

omegabrand2770 wrote:
if you'll recall the other Twili, the ones that were deformed and had the shadowbeast masks on, im thinking zant used those to turn them into pure shadow instead of a combination of the two.

^ This. Also, the only way to remove the crystal is with the Blade of Evil's Bane, or I personally believe with light (since it is a shadow crystal after all). Both of which... Would have killed her, I do believe. The light almost did in the story anyway, and although she isn't 'evil' as such, I feel like the Twili are considered evil in the eyes of the Goddesses, and so in the eyes of the Master Sword, also.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Midna's eteranl lover, Chrysalis' eteranl servant

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

Like others are saying, I think that the Shadow Crystal, if Zant used it on Middy, would have transformed her into a shadow beast, like the way the other Twili denizens had been transformed. It's also possible that Zant intended her to be transformed into maybe a very specific type of shadow beast, as sort of a very specific punishment/fate. This is of course just wild speculation, but it makes you think.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

If I were Zant, I would've used the shadow crystal in the first place. Then again, he may not have had access to them.

Now, what does Midna do to Link to transform him? Just stab him with it and make him a wolf or just say "abracadabra"?

Link: "I want to be a wolf."
Midna: "Poof, you are now a wolf."
Link: "Grrrrr..."

Curiosity has done a great amount of wonders to cats, so I probably should stop.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay site.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

She does say "Careful, if you touch it, you'll turn back into a wolf!" (If that quote is accurate I have no proof to give you to say I am not really that sad... Because I am.)

So... I guess he just needs to touch it? I drew a comic once where Link made a sassy comment and pissed Midna off so she threw it at him and turned him into a wolf, but it was so mehhhh I just kinda threw it out.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

LightWorldMidna wrote:
She does say "Careful, if you touch it, you'll turn back into a wolf!" (If that quote is accurate I have no proof to give you to say I am not really that sad... Because I am.)

So... I guess he just needs to touch it? I drew a comic once where Link made a sassy comment and pissed Midna off so she threw it at him and turned him into a wolf, but it was so mehhhh I just kinda threw it out.

First part: Never playing the game, just watching, I think I remember that part.

Second part: You threw it out!?

Now about turning him from wolf into human, I doubt Midna strapped the crystal with tape until Link wanted it off, and something I noted. Link's shackle is still with him during Wolf form, when it is not anatomically part of a wolf. And where did the Master Sword go?

I should shut up and look it up, but I'm a bit lazy with that.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm
Profile WWW

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

LightWorldMidna wrote:
omegabrand2770 wrote:

^ This. Also, the only way to remove the crystal is with the Blade of Evil's Bane, or I personally believe with light (since it is a shadow crystal after all). Both of which... Would have killed her, I do believe. The light almost did in the story anyway, and although she isn't 'evil' as such, I feel like the Twili are considered evil in the eyes of the Goddesses, and so in the eyes of the Master Sword, also.

this is old but i audibly laugh every time i see this,but anyway,pretty much if link touched it it would violently jab its self into links skull again, so midna simply subrouts its power

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]