View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How old would you estimate Midna (in human years)? 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post How old would you estimate Midna (in human years)?
After having a dicussion about Midna's age with someone who would have guessed something completely different than I would, I'm quite curious about what other people would say. I know that aging might be quite different for Twili than for humans and we don't really have an idea how it works for them, so just imagine she would be an ordinary human and normally age like one. So, regarding her optical appearence and her behaviour, how old would you say Midna is in human years? I'm talking about her true form here since the imp form is somewhat deluding (for obvious reasons).

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: How old would you estimate Midna (in human years)?
I would say somewhere in her early 20s. The reason why I say this is because I would expect Midna to have ascended the throne by her late 20s. In addition to that, I would also expect Midna to act a lot less playful, since she does have an entire kingdom to look after. Not to say I think it's impossible for someone nearing their 30s to be extremely witty during a variety of situations, but considering Midna's position as a princess, it doesn't exactly seem like she would be past her early 20s and still act so mischievous.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I would guess 23 +/- 2 years

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:36 am
Profile YIM

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Hmmm, honestly, maybe late twenties. Her true form screams to me something like 24-26. I wouldn't go older than 27, but no younger than 23.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:18 am

Kawaii incarnate

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I think somewhere in the early twenties. Her appearance looks a bit older, but how she behaves as an Imp, yeah.
Something like 22.

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

If only we knew her father...

I'd say she would've lived around 1/4 of an average Twilit's life span.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay site.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

The person I said who had quite a different opinion on this than me thought she would only be 16 or 17, just from the looks of her.

I rather see her as in her late twenties at least. She seems to be quite wise, too wise to still be a teenager, she gives the appearance that she already has some life experience. Also her style looks grown-up to me. Her facial expressions in her true form make look kind and protective which remind me of a mother or something (I guess that she is the matriarch of the Twilight Realm could count). I don't see her behaviour as an imp as an indicator for her age, because she literally isn't "herself" in that form and I guess she appears as rude because this is what imps usually are and then there is that betrayal by someone she probably had been close to before which she certainly had been resentful for. Let's say I just can't imagine that she would have behaved "impish" in her true form before the events of TP. She certainly is sassy, but not in a particularly negative way. And I have seen many older women who are still sassy (to be honest, any proper bavarian woman is somewhat sassy :lol:), so for me this is no indicator of being young. The Twili also needed to have a reason for having elected her instead of Zant. They have seen her as the better potential ruler which seemed weird to me if she would have behaved immature and impish at that time.
So, I'll go with something round 27 or older.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

It would be great if Nintendo hired someoe (they'd likely do it themselves) to write a novel about the history of the Twilight Realm, or just the time that Midna/her parents lived in, just to get to know her family/the Twilight much better. I'd read that over and over until the spine wore out.

How many writers do we have in WMB?

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay site.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:47 am
Profile WWW

Welcome to The Twilight...

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

I think that she isn't really much older than like (so like 17/18). I mean it wasn't uncommon that a young prince or princess ascend the throne when they are young. Prince Ralis (Zora Prince in TP) ascended the throne when he was very young due to his mother's demise. There could also be a similar parent/child royalty relationship in the Twilight Realm. Midna's Mother or Father could have died and she was elected leader and (assuming he is not related to Midna) could have taken it from her by force (could be a Twili Custom) or (If they were related) then he could have taken the power for himself because he made Midna appear dead.

I don't know just thoughts I guess :blink:

I will never forget Midna. Till they day I die, Midna will be forever alive in my heart.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:45 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

KXR Chaos wrote:
It would be great if Nintendo hired someoe (they'd likely do it themselves) to write a novel about the history of the Twilight Realm, or just the time that Midna/her parents lived in, just to get to know her family/the Twilight much better. I'd read that over and over until the spine wore out.

How many writers do we have in WMB?

I'm really tempted but chances are I'd come up with stuff nobody agrees with uuuurrrrgh

Personally, the way I saw it, the Twili, having no concept of day/night, would have basically no concept of time. No days, no weeks, no months, no years. For one of my stories I wrote a scene where Link asks Zelda how old she is, and she says 23 (I estimate her 23-25), which comes as a surprise to him, and Zelda then asks Midna. Since Midna has no idea how long a year is, she had to work it out in reference to how long they said she spent in the Light World, and her answer was around 27. I think she's around 27-28, because considering how she acted at the start of the game, I'd say she was pretty damn spoilt as a kid. She would've needed time to grow out of that. (Although, obviously not entirely so, seeing as she becomes yet more selfless during the game)

Mmm, fictionny, head-canony goodness.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next