View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 If Midna were to be in another Zelda, what would you want? 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: If Midna were to be in another Zelda, what would you wan
korppi8 wrote:
Spookypatrol wrote:
What if they did something with the descendants of the current Twili? Maybe Midna could serve as another Zelda, as a background character mostly/support, and if she had a descendant, or even could pull off a storyline reincarnation like the Links/Zeldas, something interesting could be done that preserves Midna as a character but continues her legacy. IE all the Links and Zeldas are slightly different, and people may have favorite incarnations, but they're all still Link/Zelda. The "new ones" don't damage the old ones

That would be so cool! I could totally see that working too especially with the descendents of the Twili (question is if it is a decent line from Midna, who would be the father? O.O ). While you may have Midna back for the reincarnation bit, it would be maybe slightly different incarnation of her. I don't see her changing a whole lot but who knows.

But yeah the Twili lore and their world in general really needs to be fleshed out. So many questions abound about them. I need canon answers!!!!

Well, we don't know who Linebeck II's mother is, or Linebeck III's, XD Could be intentionally ambiguous. Midna is only more important than Linebeck because she was more fleshed out (and in a more popular game); they actually filled the exact same role of Link's companion.

Or they could add in a relationship that could add to the story; who knows :P

But yeah, I'm definitely in agreement that the Twili need more canon info. We got a very tiny look at them, less so than we have the Gorons or Zora, or Rito, etc, yet, in all honesty, they should be given at bare minimum equal treatment to those races. We don't even know why Zant and Midna look so different from the "standard Twili" >:

But yeah... I think most of us are in agreement that our major concern is them "screwing up Midna" if they bring her back. XD

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

Sonic's Midna: the Ultimate Life Form

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I'd mostly want to be able to see more of the Twilight Realm and its people and environments.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:25 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

When it comes to the possibility that if they do bring her back and I might not like it? That would never really be the case with me. I tend to appreciate things for what they are and not bash it for being something that doesn't appeal to me. That said if Midna did come back in a game I'd probably wouldn't be dissapointed with it in anyway. That sounds a bit obnoxious but hey, I'll take all the Midna I can get!

When it comes to a game though I'd probably want to see Twili Midna in the spotlight this time around. Aside from Hyrule Warriors her real looking self got little to no appreciation or recognition. We tend to like her as an imp because she was in that form for 95% of Twilight Princess. Well that and it captures her mischievous side. With some work they could easily envoke Midna's personality really well with her true form.

Not sure what I'd want from a Zelda game with her again as Zelda games usually ALWAYS tend to focus on gameplay first and foremost and story is never a concern for the series which is something that honestly saddens me as I'd love to see a more story based Zelda game. So if she was in a mainline Zelda game again I'd probably want her to be not as important to the story as she was in Twilight Princess while still focusing on her to some degree. In order to do this I think she would need to not be a companion/partner character this go around but instead more of a character that is present but has a decent amount of screen time. (Think characters such as Groose, Impa, Sheik, etc they are a part of the game but are not a main protagonist like Midna is.)

When it comes to plot I honestly don't even know. I'm not a writer. But a game more focused on Twilight Princess Link and his own character would be something I'd love to see. No more of this Link is the player and has to be bland for the player to project themselves onto Link. So if Midna was in another game I'd love it to take place in more or less the same Hyrule that Twilight Princess takes place in but have Midna not adventure alongside Link this time but perhaps communicate with him via some other means.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:29 pm
Profile WWW

Sir Robsworth of Beeches.

Forumite

Forumite

Unfortunately, you're looking at a pretty closed door there. With Zant and the only known link to the twilight realm destroyed the best way to work Midna back in to Hyrule would be to explore the Zelda lore and devise a new way of accessing the Twilight realm.

Off the top of my head, an example might be that - "The twilight portals scattered throughout the skies of Hyrule never closed." It was never confirmed in games as there was no scene showing the dispelling of the portals, we just assumed that they vanished with Midna - A potential link?

You could play on the fact that during Midna's parting, they converse and say that "One cannot exist without the other" You could potential argue that Midna may have left a portal or another method of reaching Twilight realm hidden somewhere.

The Temple of Time would also be accessible up until the point Link and Zelda return the master sword, therefore they could use it to travel back and take the mirror or twilight for themselves creating an alternate branch on this timeline.

You could factor in that maybe the Twili were the tribe that created Majora's mask or that the twilight realm is the "Darkness" the mask was sealed in, by which logic, the Mask Salesman might know of a way to return?

How's that for ideas?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2