View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 UR's Testimonial (Spoiler Warning) 

Resident Androgynous Grouch

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post UR's Testimonial (Spoiler Warning)
I'm finished... I think I did well and I've looked it over but it's late and I'm tired... I'd like the lot of you to take a peak at it if and when you have the time and maybe poke a few errors that I may have overlooked...
Here it is...

(Spoilers for Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are present from this point on)
Quote:
I’ve played many games from the Legend of Zelda series. It’s been a wonderful series full of adventure and excitement. As a result I’ve come to expect nothing but a wonderful time whenever a new title comes out, and in most cases I was right. With the release of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess I expected to relive all of the joys that I had from the previous titles. However, I never would have expected that with the arrival of just one character, that my outlook on the Zelda series would be changed, forever.

It’s no secret that a good story needs a good character to hold the interest of the one’s listening to it. Link has always fit that mold. Link’s character feels so pronounced despite being unable to actually speak! With his acts of selflessness, courage, and kindness he gripped the players and saved Hyrule many times. Midna’s arrival as Link’s helper gave me flashbacks of the ever annoying fairies that would follow Link and give him their advice, but to my surprise she ended up being a character that would shake the very foundations of Legend of Zelda. Her personality, rather than clashing with that of the silent Link, blended with it in a way that no one expected. In fact as I played the game I found her to be just as much of a main character as Link.

As I pressed on through this game filled to bursting with excitement and enjoyment it dawned upon me. Midna had surpassed being a simple character; she gave something to the series we never expected from it. It was as if the entire plot of this wonderful series had taken a turn in the very moment that Midna stepped into the world. Midna had reached out and touched many people and formed an emotional bond with them that kept them playing no longer just so save Hyrule, but to save this Twilight Princess as well. We would press on, battling the many dangers and exciting boss battles that riddled the land of Hyrule, and find that as we changed Hyrule’s doomed fate, so did the little imp alongside us change as well as Midna’s depth continued to announce itself. The magical three way bond between Midna, Link, and the player grew stronger with each passing moment through the duo’s adventure, as Midna would slowly become perhaps one of the greatest allies in the history of gaming. Finally, the story hit a high point and the bond between Midna and Link was sealed. They became an unstoppable duo and together, saved both the land of Hyrule and the mysterious land of Twilight.

It did not last, however. As the ending of this wonderful tale concluded, we were given the final exciting scene that took everyone’s breath away, along with our beloved Midna. In a short instant this fantastic being had been ripped away from us, perhaps never to be seen again. To this day, we at WantMidnaBack.com remember all that she has done. We remember the feeling of distress when Midna’s life began to slip away, joy when she would share her cheery personality, sympathy for her plight, strength and she and Link fought side by side, anger as her fate had seemingly been sealed by the final foe, and sadness when she left for what could be forever. That is why we, the members of Want Midna Back raise our voices, to call out to Nintendo, and strive to find a way back into the realm of Twilight. To help Link accomplish the impossible once again and bring Midna back!

We are here raising our voices in hopes that you will hear them Nintendo. We are here, and we shall continue to ring our voices loud and clear. We don’t want some spin-off. We don’t want a cameo. We don’t want a substitute. We want you to hear us and we only have one thing to say…
WE WANT MIDNA BACK!

A tad bit lengthy, but I'm happy with it.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:19 am

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: UR's Testimonial (Spoiler Warning)
Yayyyyyyyy 'sgood. You're pretty specific with your demands there, but whatever. Maybe speak for yourself rather than the entire movement, since the latter has always been pretty silent on the nature in which she would return, as not everyone here agrees. Other than that though, pretty stirring stuff, mannnnn.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 am

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

When referring to the movement I've used a mixture of my own experiences along with what I've heard from most members.
In the lines talking about getting back into the Twilight realm I intend it it to sound more figurative. I'll try to find a way to edit that.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I thought the returning to the Twilight thing was fine. At least I understood that it was figurative. What I was thinking of was that thing at the end, but reading it again I guess it's not so strict. It's true that we don't want a spin-off or a substitute (As if they would make a Midna spin-off anyway), and while some people have said that they would rather have a cameo than nothing at all, I guess it wouldn't be the best thing to declare that as something we want. So yeah, I guess you're fine. Never mind.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Well... they did make a Tingle spin-off...
Dun dun DUUUUUN!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Heh, well I don't know, a Midna spin-off might be fun. Especially if you got to use her hair as a weapon and defeat every enemy the way she killed Zant.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Web Wizard

Web Wizard

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

centralservices wrote:
Heh, well I don't know, a Midna spin-off might be fun. Especially if you got to use her hair as a weapon and defeat every enemy the way she killed Zant.

That would be cool :)

Why spoiler warning? I think everyone knows the story already...

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

It's mostly a formality... a spoiler is a spoiler...
But it does seem kind of silly considering the nature and location of this thread... I posted this at 3 a.m. my time...
(^excuse)
Oh, and I could have sworn the overall goal was mentioned, being to avoid a simple cameo, a good while back?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

That was beautiful! Let our voices be heard!!!! D=<

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]