View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My Testimonial: 

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

I figured i'd write my own full testiomonial becuase if it would be of any help at all i would be honored to provide it for the cuase of bringing Midna back. I'm going to try to keep this is sensible as possible becuase if i understand correctly these testimonials will be sent to Nintendo. I rather doubt they are going to listen to reason if I discribe my experience into the fullest detail as i would sound like an over-emotional no-life. So here goes...

I had never even touched a Nintendo title before i borrowed the entire Zelda collection from my uncle. I dicided to borrow them becuase i had wanted to try the Zelda games for a long time. I just never really got around to doing it until a few month back during one of my breaks from school. I knew at that time after having seen much discussion on YouTube, that Ocarina of Time was one of the best in the series and so, i played that first. Left in amazing awe upon completion i immediatley chose another one and started playing. I chose Twilight Princess.

And this is where my whole experience begins, sorry for the long intro... I could tell that Twilight Princess was going to be a great game already after having seen the opening ( where Wolf Link howls at the curtain of twilight ). This intro gave me goosbumps, it was just so damn good and I couldn't wait to get into the game. Then after enjoying the peaceful start of the game I eventually reached the scene where you meet Midna and I liked her character immidietley. At the first sight of her, where the character zooms in on her face and she smiles, I smiled too and at the time i didn't even understand why. It was when she started teasing Link that i began to like her character becuase i never really cared for Link. For the same reason i kind of liked Ruto from Ocarina of Time since she was treating Link like crap. Anyway, after you got control over yourself, the first thing that struck my mind was just how cute Midna looked riding Link. I probably stood there for about a minute just rotating the camera.

In every cutscene from this point on i focused mainly, and sometimes only on Midna. At times i would skip certain dialogs becuase the text was in the way of her... I knew that i liked her character but it wasn't until after Midna's Desperate Hour that i knew that i didn't just like her. And i consider myself to having failed my attempt at keeping this text sensible. Sorry about that but i guess i can't explain myself in any other way. Anyway, it was at this point that i realized that i actually loved Midna. When Zelda healed her and she slowly hovered down to the ground, I have never been so relieved in my entire life... It felt like a pretty good point in the game for someone to die and create a dramatical turn so i truly feared that she would die here, looking back, considering how unstable my mental condition was... I think i might very well have suffered some sort of trauma should she have died at this point...

As her resolve started to change and her attitude towards Link grew different i only grew more fond of her until my affection reached dangerous magnitudes. Towards the end of the game, when i realized there wasn't much left i started to drag it out as much as i could without boring myself becuase i couldn't stand the idea of just finishing the game and having her finish her role in it. When i eventually reached Ganondorf though and i saw him break Midna's Fused Shadow after defeating her i didn't know how to react. I told myself that they couldn't kill her off now considering her role in the game so i just wanted to kill Ganondorf as quickly as possible. Then when it was all finally over and the Light spirits revived Midna, I felt that relief again.

I'm going to be honest though, i was a bit disappointed at her True Form and i didn't really care for it. I didn't really feel a connection between the two and it might aswell have been two different people. As an imp though, she is without a doubt capable of beeing not only the cutest thing i've ever seen but she also had the most loveable personality and i cannot recall a single thing she said that made me even slightly annoyed. Just the opposite. As the credits rolled though i felt pretty satisfied. I now knew who my favorite game character was, i knew what my favorite game was and i felt pretty all right with moving on. However, they could apparently not have let it end like this... No, of course not... They had to have Midna leave forever by destroying the only known link between the two worlds. At this point, i have never felt so... Strange. I don't know how to discribe it becuase there were so many thoughts in my head at this time. I was unsatisfied, depressed, angry and i didn't know what to do.

This is where my obsession for Midna was born. Knowing she would probably only be featured in this one, way too short game was too much for the handle at the time. It felt like such a waste of the most well-made character ever. So, Nintendo, in the unlikely event that you actually read this... This game, more specificly this character... Made me feel the strongest magnitudes of grief, relief, anger and joy i have ever felt. Now, if that's not sign of a well made character i don't know what is... It would be brutal for you to let such a remarkable creation go to waste.

I have tried my best not to come off as a whining, over-emotional idiot here by not going into great detail in just what effect this character has had on my life. Believe me though, i could probably go on forever about that very thing. Also, i should probably thank you guys here at WMB for simply being here. It has eased my obsession quite a bit. I cannot imagine what terrible fate i could have come to meet with should i never have found this site becuase in that event, my obsession would probably just have kept growing until it would eventually break me.

Another small note that may be worth mentioning, i'm not entirely sure if i have followed the structure that defines a testimonial. In the event that i failed in that regard, let me know and i'll rename the thread accordingly.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm
Profile WWW

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

I have to be true with you I feel the same way you do. As you said I was quite disappointed when I saw the ending and my heart just broke in half. I felt like a part of me just died. Though I thought her true form was kinda hot ( check my signature) I wanted her to continue her role in the LoZ series. Like you my obsession just kept growing, until I found this site. My heart was almost whole again knowing that there was people trying to bring her back. So how could I have said no?? I instantly joined and became even more interested in her. I know this looks kind of like a testimonial but this is just leftover thoughts.

Anyways, when she broke the mirror then the game ended, I couldn't move on and stop thinking about her and why Nintendo would just leave it like that. it just didn't make any sense. So I made a forum called my side of the story. It explains what I think really happened. Ok I'm done sorry if I ranted a little. :lol:

P.S. : I will probaly add more to this forum at a later date (soon).

Last edited by Midna's Fiance on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 pm
Profile WWW

KH Addict

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

I like your testimonial and I know how you feel. The first I saw Midna, I didn´t fell anything, but I started to like her more and more and when she broke the mirror, I thought it was the end, but I was asking me: ''is this the end or not''. And then I became a fan of Midna

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
very good job cryzeu. You just reminded me that I have to do one. I liked her imp form better to, just never really cared for her true form as much. I THINK there was somewhere else where you could post this instead of starting a new topic, but I'm not a forum nazi so I'm not complaining. :P

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:35 am
Profile WWW

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

3minutesofangle wrote:
I THINK there was somewhere else where you could post this instead of starting a new topic, but I'm not a forum nazi so I'm not complaining. :P

Well, maybe you're right about that. The reason for why i dicided to make a new post though, it was instructed by Midnaroxursox.
Midnaroxursox wrote:
If you want to post a testimonial, make a new topic in "We Want Midna Back" and post your testimonial.

I've read quite a bunch of the testimonials on here and i actually enjoy reading them alot so i'm looking forward to yours if you do decide to write one. :)

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Good Testimonial, Cryzeu. And yes, you did it the correct way, and yes 3MOA, there was/is another way: to post it in the "Our Love For An Imp" topic, but this way is easier. I'll get around to adding this to the page sometime today, if not the weekend.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 am

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

When I first saw the front page I was like " That's a lot of word's" and I still haven't gotten around to reading them all. I read WYNR's , Cryzeu's, and some others that I can't remember. But yes they are moving, if you know what I mean. ^_^

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Theres a WHOLE lot. I don't think you would get around to reading them all.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 am

Muah! Goodnight Everybody!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: My Testimonial:
Was never obsessed. Just fond. Although I write a book pertaining to Midna particularly, I am not obsessed. Great character, game, and testimonial. I have never written one myself. After the book is finished, I will write one. Count on it.

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!
It's not pretty being me!

Image Image

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 am

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
Midnaroxursox wrote:
and yes 3MOA, there was/is another way: to post it in the "Our Love For An Imp" topic, but this way is easier.

o.k. thanks for clarifying. Ill do that for mine

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next