View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Yup, another testimonial 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
Well I finally pulled my head out of my arse and re-wrote this so it’s at least post-worthy.

I was never a huge fan of Zelda games. In fact I rarely play video games at all. They were fun, but I never got crazy over them like some people. Before Twilight Princess my experience with the Zelda games was just Ocarina of Time, which I never beat, thanks to the water temple, and a demo of Majora’s Mask. Neither of which had been played in a long time. But I always thought the games were fun and I especially loved the boss battles because the bosses always seemed so creative and interesting. So one day I was looking through the list of bosses and found morpheel. I saw Midna in her shadow form after it was done, but thought nothing of it other than the voice acting was pretty cool. I just figured it was an updated Navi or something. (A character I truly hated) But when I saw the cut scene of the Zant battle on Twilight Princess, I saw Midna in her regular imp form and thought “well who is this?” After I looked at some more gameplay on the internet I was intrigued enough that I found the gamecube and popped Twilight Princess in. (conveniently bought by my brother a few months prior).

I eventually got to the part where I first met her and almost immediately, practically fell in love. Over the course of the game I grew attached to her, and for the first time in my life I actually grew to care for a video game character, something I didn’t think was even remotely possible. When Zelda said “this is no time for levity” and Midna deliberately got up and started levitating, I thought I had finally found somebody that shared my personality. The way she teased and bossed around link and her use of sarcasm just grew on me, caring enough about her, that I tried my best to make it a smooth ride when I was playing as wolf link. When she was dying from Zant exposing her to the light spirit, I crushed down the rage that grew inside after seeing him throw her around like a toy. I paid attention to nothing else and got to princess Zelda as fast as I possibly could with my heart in my mouth and watery eyes. (not even enjoying the music) I was more than relieved when Zelda sacrificed herself to save her, as I had never really cared for Zelda, and Midna was really the only reason I was playing the game in the first place. When I sank into the sand in the arbiters grounds and she started levitating above me and shaking her head, I could only say “sorry Midna”. Once I gathered the mirror shards, I really grew to care for her after seeing the cut-scene of what happened between her and Zant, and I just wanted to kill that jerk even more. I didn’t want the game to end after defeating Zant but eventually I couldn’t put it off any longer. When she warped me to safety to face Ganondorf alone I felt completely useless and for the first time in a long time, tears welled up. Then ganondorf emerged clutching her mask to symbolize killing her. My heart crumbled just like the fused shadow that he crushed in his hand. While I was fighting him/cussing him out, I was thinking to myself; “figures, they make you grow to care about something and then take it away”. It was the first time in a long while that I had bothered to grow attached to anything, and I just felt let-down and abandoned. When she was revived by the light spirits at the end, relieved would be an understatement to how I felt. I didn’t like her true form as much as her imp, but I still cared for her nonetheless. But that feeling of relief and joy was quickly and soundly replaced by the feeling of loss and sadness, after she stepped through the mirror of twilight right before it shattered. I just sat there in disbelief, watching the rest of the credits hoping to see a glimpse of her again, pissed at myself for allowing myself to grow so attached to something so seemingly unimportant, and annoyed at the thought of not seeing her again.

Obviously I didn’t see her and in the weeks that followed much to my own horror, I grew badly obsessed. I would sit at my computer watching cut-scenes and looking at artwork. When I was at work, (dishwasher) I would loop her theme for hours without growing tired of it. I kept trying to tell myself that I didn’t have the time for something silly and meaningless like this, but it didn’t help. I had experienced feelings of attachment before, but this was just… insane. Eventually I picked up drawing just so I could draw some pictures of Midna and see her again. This provided an outlet for my obsession and while I was browsing for screenshots for drawings, I stumbled across WantMidnaBack.com. Normally I would have thought “what a bunch of no-lives” because I’m judgmental like that, but I decided to join after a short while because I share the same feelings that they do for that beloved imp. That’s a big leap from my comfort zone, and usually I would rather set my hair on fire than join a social website, but now I can say; “thank god for this site”. Midna is now my 2nd favorite video game character, (Mario isn’t giving up 1st without a fight) but she still remains the only character I have ever developed feelings for. I know this sounds a bit cliché but I’ll say it anyway. I hope to see her again for many reasons, but I also have to thank her for basically teaching me to draw and finding something that I’m passionate about. She has helped me to learn about myself, and I must say that if she hadn’t been revived at the end, I probably wouldn’t have brought it upon myself to pick up a Legend of Zelda game again.

Thanks to anybody who takes the time to read this. I’m sorry it’s so long, but it’s the first time I’ve ever expressed my feelings anywhere, and I just have a lot to say on the subject… If you don’t feel like reading the whole thing I don’t blame you, cause I’ve always been more of a “I read the back flap and saw the pictures” kinda guy myself…. Wow. Looking back at this it looks like it was written by some kind of drama-queen. I’m never this friggen emotional and dramatic. Hm. I guess now I just look like a thin-skinned cry-baby. Screw it, I’ll post it anyway. :P

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:26 am
Profile WWW

Muah! Goodnight Everybody!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: Yup, another testimonial
Nice testimonial. I will say this again. I am going to make one after the book is finished. Which will be soon enough.

And hey, if you're going to say sorry for this being too long, I might as well say, sorry for posting Chapter Thirteen.

I'm not a coward nor have I ever done this but:

First! Oh! Ha! Ha!

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!
It's not pretty being me!

Image Image

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 am

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Oh uh wow, I read it all. And I must say what a true story. I wanted to nearly punch link in the face at the end. I thought "what a jerk" then I instantly became find (in love) with this character (especially in true form). I'm planning on rewrittimg my testimonial but not now. Like I said in Cryzeu's testimonial, my heart nearly snapped in half. I was crushed by the fact that Nintendo would do that. Then I thought about midna and how she could be brought back. This helped with my obsession, I was more mad at Nintendo for ending like this and I swore never to pick up a Zelda game again. But then I started looking at cutscenes from the game and I was relived a little bit. After that about 1 year later, I found this site. Then I instantly joined you great group of people. ^_^

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 am
Profile WWW

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

Wow, this is a damn good text. It seems like my experience was pretty similar to yours considering many things actually, that's probably why i enjoyed reading it so much. There were many things i could relate to being the lack of prior interest to the series, care for Midna's sarcastic nature, the lack of care for Zelda, what you did after the ending and even how you came across this site... Overall, great work. I enjoyed reading every word.
3minutesofangle wrote:
I guess now I just look like a thin-skinned cry-baby. Screw it, I’ll post it anyway. :P

I wouldn't call you that at all but this is the reason for why i tried not to go into too great detail regarding my love for her in my testimonial.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:47 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
Maetheus wrote:

First! Oh! Ha! Ha!

well that's usually done in introduction threads. I've never seen anyone do it outside of those.

Cryzeu wrote:
3minutesofangle wrote:
I guess now I just look like a thin-skinned cry-baby. Screw it, I’ll post it anyway. :P

I wouldn't call you that at all but this is the reason for why i tried not to go into too great detail regarding my love for her in my testimonial.

well I don't really care that much about how people think of me, but I see exactly what you're getting at.

supermidnafan wrote:
Then I instantly joined you great group of people. ^_^

You mean to say the internet isn't full of immature kids and crazy people?!? *glances at youtube and flips it off* yeah it's nice to be able to have civilized conversations with someone online (or even face to face for that matter). That's just asking for too much in many places.

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:56 am
Profile WWW

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Have to agree with you there are a lot of jerks there but I like cause my friend is there and he is one of the most mature people I know.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:59 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

3minutesofangle wrote:
Maetheus wrote:

First! Oh! Ha! Ha!

well that's usually done in introduction threads. I've never seen anyone do it outside of those.

Cryzeu wrote:
3minutesofangle wrote:

well I don't really care that much about how people think of me, but I see exactly what you're getting at.

supermidnafan wrote:
Then I instantly joined you great group of people. ^_^

You mean to say the internet isn't full of immature kids and crazy people?!? *glances at youtube and flips it off* yeah it's nice to be able to have civilized conversations with someone online (or even face to face for that matter). That's just asking for too much in many places.

She's just trying to say that we're a great group of forum goers. I don't think that was a general statement.

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!

Image Image

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 am

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Whoa... Did you just call me a girl?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:03 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

supermidnafan wrote:
Whoa... Did you just call me a girl?

My brain's rotting sorry. I meant boy. I'm so damn... tired. So.. sorry. What the hell. *Kills self.*
*Laughs and becomes more tired.*

Probably that Midna picture too. She's everyone including my head.

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!

Image Image

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:09 am

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Well when I wrote that alternative ending, I was thinking of her and how adorable cute and sexy she is. ( yes I said it... Sexy)

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next