View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 My Testimonial 

Muah! Goodnight Everybody!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post My Testimonial
Quote:
(Let’s cut to the chase where I find the site because I have been playing Legend of Zelda since I was about four).

Approximately two years ago, while watching some walkthroughs of NintendoCapriSun’s Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I saw a video in the suggestions column. At the top was a promoted video by the name of ‘Link x Midna: Pretty Baby’. I saw it there for three whole videos… watching me. I glanced at the thumbnail. It was of Midna kissing a surprised, staggering Link in her imp form.

I looked at this thumbnail in a weird way. Why in the world would Midna and Link do that, I thought they were friends? I watched the video because curiosity was filling my head, and it was late and I was bored. As I watched the video with the song playing in the background, I thought of what these were getting at. I watched a few more with even more surprising pictures than the last. My eyes crossed at times and I looked away from the monitor thinking, Well, this sprouts new ideas!

I dreamt of those pictures and thought of how a real person could be put into a story. (I have done this with many other media before). I would think of myself being put into this game, and how my presence there would change up the story. (Assuming the characters knew who I was already). I would watch some of the videos again and produce ideas of some situations with a character that represented me. I thought of a name; Maethos, Mathous, and then eventually Maetheus came to my mind. It was perfect!

After thinking of plots and such for a story with him/me in it, I decided to make a book about ‘me’, Link, and Midna on an adventure together. Particularly in Twilight Princess. I could easily mix in things like smart-mouthing Zant and angering Zelda. I did it so much that Midna would glare at me. (Maetheus).

My first book assumed that Link and Midna already knew about Maetheus. I went from there, breaking just about every little piece of canon in the Zelda Universe. I loved the book though. After a few months I found W[M]B via ZeldaWiki.org. I was a guest viewing a lot of the forums about Midna and how progress towards placing her in another Zelda game could occur with help.

I decided to join after a month or so. I read LongLiveMidna’s story describing a return of Midna and cried at the end. But I also realized that the story I was making wasn’t right. I broke everything official about Twilight Princess. I kept that story, but made another one. You have read this 'other' story all the way through (hopefully) and know of what this means to mean. A return is possible…

If you haven’t finished or even read my story, please stop reading and read my story. Then come back to this. Minor spoilers.
Midna felt like Maetheus was her father and always wanted to be with him towards the end. He sacrificed so much just to let her see the love of her life again. It shows Nintendo that we sacrifice our time just to express how much we actually love Midna and want her back. If it be game, book, comic, short, or even television show. All we want is to get her back in an official way. We want to make Nintendo see that we actually do care about this beloved character just as Link saw Maetheus was just trying to help him by getting Midna back to him.

My story isn’t just a story I enjoyed writing though; it’s a metaphor for how much we do to merely convince Nintendo to get Midna back. Nintendo is Link, Midna; herself, and Maetheus ourselves (or me). We are the story and it us. I admit though, I didn’t intend to make it this way. It seems fate crossed my path.

People don’t write the stories just for pleasure and to brag. They don’t remix the song about someone for only fun. People don’t make lyrics for the game’s song because they were told to. Pictures of her aren’t drawn to only show the world their art talent. Hey, a movie-like sequel was made that depicted Midna making a return! These are all done because they show appreciation for that character from Twilight Princess. Midna. But don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed writing the book and I am not being selfish. I’m but a Voice of many Voices.

People from all over the globe, members of WMB or not, want to see the beloved Midna make a return. So Nintendo, I have something to say to you: Bring Midna Back! Not just because we want you to, but because you love her too. I mean such a dynamic character doesn’t just appear; people have to innovate and imagine these glorious things. Doesn’t such a character deserve a return?

All of us Midna ‘fanatics’ (as most of us are), want to see Midna make a comeback. You said you would do it Nintendo, but you also said that it is up to us what happens to her. As in to use our imaginations. Well than I suppose we have decided through many of our fan-fictions, remixes, etc. But what we’re asking for is something right from the heart of the creators. Something to show us that you care. That you are dedicated to your fans with a passion.

Alas… if you decide not to, than I can see a few reasons why. But the disappointment only lingers in us. Nonetheless, I will respect your decision, although I am not everyone so I cannot decide for them what they are to do if you come to that.

Thank you Nintendo!

I am Matthew
I am 13 years-old
I am a dedicated Midna fan and would like for her to return
Thank you for your concern to read this

Quote:
(And when I do this: W[M]B, it is to remind everyone why we are here. What the purpose of this site is. Because frankly, we’ve been slacking a little).
Don't send what's in the quote boxes. Just a but of a heads-up.

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!
It's not pretty being me!

Image Image

Last edited by Maetheus on Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Oh wow. Not a whole lot I can say..... But I'll say stuff anyways. Awesome testimonial, a neat story behind your story. I felt like a lot of emotion went into this. Your right there is hope for her. People just don't make videos about her for fun ( what nintendo thinks). They make them because they want her back or whatever they are trying to do. All those videos you watched ( including mine) was ment for her return. If I worked for nintendo and I saw any of these videos or testimonials and fanfics, I would feel stupid for ending the game the way it did. Nintendo bring her back, not just for me but for all the fans! Once again, awesome testimonial.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:56 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Nice testimonial, Maetheus!
I agree with SuperMidnaFan in saying that there's obviously a whole lot of emotion in this.
I really enjoyed reading that. I'll try to get around to adding that to the Testimonials Page within the next few days. Really good job, dude. I've always imagined myself being in all my favorite videogames, but instead of being as productive as you have been and writing fanfics, I just go back to playing those games.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:02 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Excellent job, Maetheus! You raise a valid point, too -- one that I don't see in too many of these Testimonial entries. You've got to think that, given the amount of care that went into the creation of that character, that the desire to bring her back isn't totally one-sided. I know that both Miyamoto and Aonuma have gone on record saying that they're fond of the character, too. I believe it's from the same, legendary GameInformer interview, wherein the latter provided what is essentially WMB's slogan. :P

Wed May 09, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

a silent person

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Do you think I should do a testimonial too?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Sure! Give it a shot, Majinimp!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:29 am

Web Wizard

Web Wizard

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Midnaroxursox wrote:
Sure! Give it a shot, Majinimp!

Second that. :hyper: