View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 My Testimonial 

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴅ

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post My Testimonial
<<I've never actually written a testimonial before, so I hope I'm doing this correctly>>

Midna was one of the most marvelous and unforgettable characters from the entire Legend of Zelda franchise. I remember when I first met her while I—er, Link—was in that cell, I could tell even then that she was going to be a likeable character. She was the first character in the series who really developed throughout the series. Her attitude from the beginning was a bit self-centered, but that made the interactions with her rather hilarious, especially with her remarks. As the game progressed, it was definitely noticeable that she begun to warm up to Link and became more considerate toward him—but still had a trace or her sense of superiority, which I personally liked. During that final cutscene, where I saw Midna's true Twili form, I was actually surprised. I mean, by her personality [from the beginning of the game] I would have never imagined her to look so... elegant. The ending of Twilight Princess was probably amongst the most touching and emotional for me. The way she made the decision to destroy the Mirror of Twilight as the true leader of the Twili really blew me away. It was simply a stunning moment, and I'm pretty sure Twilight Princess would have been a pretty flat and dull game without her.

Though having her only in one game is cherish-able, I would love to see her again. I can imagine a few ways that another encounter with her could work out, and since Nintendo is always so sneaky, there are probably even more ways that they could implement her back into another Legend of Zelda game. I would like to point out, that before she left and shattered the Mirror of Twilight, she did tell Link that she would see him again, so... perhaps Nintendo left that plothole intentionally. And Nintendo also seems to be having fun with prequels, so there is always the possibility that they would include a younger Midna in a future title. I wouldn't be too upset if her role wasn't as major as it was in Twilight Princess, but I would love to see her again... because, well, she is an amazing character and she deserves it.

Ever since Twilight Princess, I've noticed that all following titles of the franchise have featured a character whose personality has developed throughout the duration of each game—Linebeck, Byrne, Groose. Nintendo clearly noticed how successful Midna was, yet... for some reason, they have yet to bring her back. Perhaps it is because they want to see how dedicated we, as fans, are... to see if her impact would wear off. But, after six years, it is evident that it isn't, now is it? I wouldn't consider my respect and appreciation for Midna a fandom at all. It is love. I love her. So, I wouldn't imagine that my liking for Midna would ever vanish. I'll patiently wait for her reappearance for as long as I have to, Nintendo... because I am devoted--and I... want Midna back.

Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Maybe there's a way for light and shadow to mix

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Oh, man, where do I begin? Like most of my posts in testimonials this is going to be a little long. I think we can all say to some degree we love Midna. I had a disscussion with another WMBer that I was talking to about her maetheus and we established that most men in general agree that she was hot in her true form. Besides that, the ending scene put me to tears. As soon as she broke the mirror, my eyes just filled up and I couldn't see for like 20 minutes. We all want her back, imp or true form. Doesn't matter as long as we accomplish our goal. Today I watched that scene and it just filled me with tears. Link was such a fool. Through out the game I became emotionally attached to her, psychologically. I was mad at Nintendo for ending it that way, and I never wanted to pick up a Zelda game again. But you guys helped me through this with your hospitality. Thanks to you all!! I can't stop thinking about her, sometimes during geometry class I zone out and think about her. Mostly about how she will react to different things in my story. Whenever I write her into my story, I become "sucked into" the story, and pretty soon I dOnt think about what I write, I write as her, as If I'm actually there. Wierd huh? My parents interrupted me this one time when I was writing her backstory, and I yelled at them, not knowing what I said. No I didn't get grounded but they did scold me a little. As I was writing I started to cry. Her backstory was emotional, well at least for me when I wrote it. I couldn't stop writing that night. Well I hope this sift look to like much of a testimonial, but awesOme job. I guess there is a reason why I'm in the writers group.

Last edited by Midna's Fiance on Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 am
Profile WWW

Muah! Goodnight Everybody!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: My Testimonial
You did well with that. I also forgot about the part where Midna told Link they might meet again. Yes... very sneaky of Nintendo indeed.

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!
It's not pretty being me!

Image Image

Thu May 03, 2012 2:01 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

A fantastic entry, Vanadium! I've noticed that, too -- that every game since TP has featured at least one character with a similarly complex arc. None of them, though, in my opinion, have reached the same level of endearment (though Groose is really freakin' awesome).

As I've said before, you've got to think that Nintendo is at least aware of Midna's popularity. The reason behind her continued absence is likely for the reason that you mentioned: to see if she remains popular after so many years. Honestly, I never expected another incarnation of her to appear in any of the DS games or Skyward Sword. To quote Axle the Beast from ZD, "It's too soon. If they are going to bring her back, it'll be later, when she's even more on demand."

Wed May 09, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

a silent person

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

I was thinking to do a testimonial, but...how can I explain it?
I'm that kind of person who have difficulty expressing their feelings.
And about the testimonial, great.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

It may help to just recall -- to go into detail about -- the first time that you played through Twilight Princess. A good portion of these Testimonials seem to be pretty tangential, so don't worry about "rambling." Whatever you're willing to put together, chances are, we'll take it. Personally, I'd love to see a Testimonial from you.

Sat May 12, 2012 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]