View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Well, here I am AGAIN writing this. Retro's Testimonial. 

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Well, here I am AGAIN writing this. Retro's Testimonial.
I got into the Legend of Zelda series when I was 3, starting with Link's Awakening. I loved the game so much, everything about it was amazing, and it made The Legend of Zelda, my favourite video game series of all time. However, my favourite game in the series has got to be Twilight Princess.

December 06’ was when I got Twilight Princess. It was one of the first games I popped into my Wii. I marvelled at the title screen for a very long time, and thought it was amazing, the graphics, the sounds, and the art style. I spent a good long ten minutes marvelling at the screen until I started to play the game. I loved Twilight Princess from the start, and I knew it would be a fun and amazing game.

As I started my journey, I learnt what to do in the game. I was soon brought to the Twilight Realm, where Link become a wolf in front of my very eyes, and was sent to a Jail cell, and from there came the one and only.

Midna, the imp everyone loves, appeared at last. At first with a dark looking demeanour, and an evil personality which, in seconds became a mischievous and interesting personality attached to such an adorable character. From the start I knew I would like Midna as a character, even if she was indifferent to Link, and by extension me.

But I was wrong.

I didn’t like her. I loved her. She was such a brilliant character, with a detailed back story, an interesting and realistic personality, along with her humourous and feisty nature. She was amazing.

I remember a lot about her, during my first play through. I remember listening very closely to cut scene regarding her. I remember getting very angry and annoyed when she was hurt or in pain, and Link couldn’t do anything. I felt naturally concerned and worried for her when Zant brought her into the Light World, and she was on the verge of death, and it was up to Link to save her. I remember a lot about her, because she was a brilliant character, and there was a lot of her to be told.

Midna really was a step up in terms of Link’s partners, beforehand we would have partners, who didn’t really have much of a backstory or a personality that can be remembered. She broke that rule, and turned out to be Link’s best partner. She has such an amazingly interesting back story, and personality, the way she acted was funny, and fascinating, and the way she spoke in hums, noises and giggles was a really memorable part of her.

Everyone has a place in their heart for Midna, it’s not just that fact she was different, but from how she acted, and was portrayed that made her be such a vivid character. Everyone loved Midna and grew attached to her as time went on.

Midna really is a great character, and I would love to see her again in another game. The fact I’m writing this from my experience of the game 6 years ago, shows how much of an impact Midna has on me as a character, and just how memorable she was to me, and to many played around the world. It’s not just this forum who wants her back, hundreds of thousands of Zelda fans and Twilight Princess fans alike want her to be back in another game, and it’s understandable why. I don’t know if she will every come back, but there is one thing I do know.

I want Midna back.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Well, here I am AGAIN writing this. Retro's Testimonial.
Forgive me for the late response, Retrolink. Thanks a million for putting one of these together, and for doing so with what is clearly a great deal of heart. As with some of the best testimonials on this site, this one reminds me why I came to this site in the first place.

Once Monday rolls around, I'll be sure to publish this onto the main page. Thanks again!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 am
Profile WWW

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Thanks, I saw it on the main site.

Also thanks for changing it up a bit, I was very tired and annoyed when I wrote it, because the previous version was wiped when there was an accidental refresh. You've made it much better now, so thank you.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

It's my pleasure, Retrolink. Thanks again for taking the time to submit one of these; it means a lot. :)

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]