View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How to Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular 

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Post How to Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular
I wasn't sure where to post this other than the root of the Media forum.

SPOILER ALERT

http://dreamworksdragonslive.com/

How To Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular is an epic arena adventure inspired by the Academy Award® nominated DreamWorks Animation film, How To Train Your Dragon which grossed approximately $500 million at the worldwide box office and was among the best-reviewed movies of 2010. This must-see arena spectacle will begin its world tour in Australia in March 2012.

In this state-of-the-art production, fire-breathing dragons will soar overhead, immersing audiences in a magical and mythical world of Vikings and Dragons. The astonishing cast of characters features 24 Dragons, some with wingspans of up to 14 metres, Viking warriors and villagers as well as world-class circus and acrobatic performers. The arena spectacular will feature unrivalled production values, projections, flying, stunts, circus performers, fire and pyrotechnics.

This production was just the most epic play that I've ever seen, and was a great movie to start with. The dragons could move literally every inch of their bodies: Their eyes moved and blinked, toes/claws moved up and down, wings expand and retract, wings move up and down, joints move properly, so much so that they can make it look like a dragon was jumping, bend down then push upwards, like real jumping.

Pumps of fire burst out every now and again and instantly heated the audience temporarily and the moving/interactive backdrops on the projector screen were excellent. The dragon working look excellent.

I posted on youtube the first flight scene of Toothless and Hiccup. It is poorly recorded on my iPod Touch Gen 4, but dont let that turn you off. 1:15 to the are and will always give me great chills/shivers because of its epicosity.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 am

Resident Androgynous Grouch

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: How to Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular
That's kinda cool actually...
My all time favorite play is still Ka, a production by Cirque du Soleil, but I did enjoy the film "How to train your Dragon"...
Doubt it will change my favorite but I'll keep an eye out for this...

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]