View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Favorite Film Characters 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Favorite Film Characters
I might as well make this. In a movie, the characters in it play a pretty important factor in the whole experience. Film is an illusion, and one of the ways of maintaining it is to keep the viewer engaged with the characters they've created. With that being said, what are some of your favorite characters in any movie?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:07 am

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Film Characters
Susan Murphy, Monsters vs. Aliens. Typically, in a movie that's not specifically aimed for girls, the 'hero' character of the team will be male, so firstly I do like that she's a girl in that role. It takes more than just being a girl to be an action girl though. She has the awesomeness you would hope for in a super sized, super powered person, and she has great protagonist dynamism, in which she starts out uncomfortable, but grows to accept and even love herself however unusual she is, which is definitely uplifting and relatable for many. I particularly like how she decides that she doesn't need Derrick and separates him from her own identity. Some women still feel like they have to have a guy to have self worth, so I think this is a good message for young girls to see. I don't usually commend movies for good messages. Perhaps most crucially, she's a strong female character without being flagrantly feminist, which often shoots its own message. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Themessage)

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:08 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

He doesn't have a name so I'll just leave a picture. This guy from The Purge. The Purge isn't a good movie. At all. It's a desperate comedy at most, and that's what makes this kid so special. Whoever is acting him knows how ridiculous the setup is and plays it out so hammy that it's amazing. He talks like an absurd maniac with the same hilarious grin on his face and you can tell whatever is written is trying to be scary but when coming out of this guy it's too funny!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:30 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

I don't like that movie as much as others do, but Bane was probably the best part of the movie. I heard a lot of people have a hard time understanding him, but I can make out what he's saying just fine. I could never help but find myself smiling whenever he was around, he was just too badass. :rock:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

David from Prometheus.

The film just felt like a (pretty good) reskin of Aliens vs Predator, but if there was anything I totally loved about the film, it was the android David.

He doesn't want to be seen as something like a robot butler, and he's jealous over the humans being able to achieve their own goals and be seen for their own potential, unlike him who can't be seen for his intelligence because he's just a product of the humans, so to speak. He becomes passive-aggressive and eventually silently screwed over the asshole that made him feel like nothing more than a plastic calculator.

"David's views on the human crew are somewhat childlike. He is jealous and arrogant because he realizes that his knowledge is all-encompassing, and therefore he is superior to the humans. David wants to be acknowledged and praised for his brilliance."

As someone who has always been fascinated with the idea of sentient androids and how they view themselves & humans, what their goals are and whether or not they really have "feelings" (for lack of a better word??), watching this character come to life was a pleasant suprise every second I saw him.

I just... love this character so much :V If only the film itself matched the greatness of this character.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:04 am

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Okay this is something I'd have to really put some thought into to get a whole list going and whatever, cause well there are a ton of em lol.

But holy crap, Rocket. Rocket Raccoon. Guardians of the Galaxy. Haha I love that guy, I came out of the theater when I went to see it and thought maybe its just me that thinks he is so freakin' awesome, but I'm seeing all these other posts about him on Facebook and stuff. What can I say about him, Bradley Cooper does a great job as his voice. He is just such a badass though, I love it. XD

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:23 am
Profile WWW

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Hmm... Anyone hear of a movie called Mad Max? That's prolly my favorite badass in all of movie history. What movie character has just seemed like a normal cop thrown WAY past the edge of sanity? And were talking dead wife and gutted baby, over the edge. When they messed with Max, the messed with the wrong son-of-a-bitch. The way he hunts down those who wronged him, oh god yes. And some would say he's reckless, but he's got nothing left to lose. No friends, no family, nobody

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Seeing as how District 9 is my favorite movie my favorite movie character has to be the star of that movie, Wikus Van De Merwe. Strange name I know. This was a movie that seemed to be mixed when it came to it's reception. I love it though for many reasons and one of those is because of the main character Wikus being just an average man who is thrown into a bunch of events unwillingly such as unexpectedly turning into one of the aliens after accidentally being exposed to an alien chemical while trying to evict some prawns in District 9. This results in the government wanting Wikus for his integrated alien DNA as the aliens possess advanced tech that can only be utilized by them because of their own DNA being required to use their technology. I could go on but I think I summed up why I like this character and the role he plays in this film in the previous sentence.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:36 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I'm putting Charles Foster Kane on this list, but I'll keep spoilers for Citizen Kane to a minimum. Kane is a man who, through many life circumstances, wound up as one of the most influential businessmen and politicians in the country. Throughout the movie, we see how he goes from an innocent boy to a greedy businessman. Due to the way the movie is told, the viewer's perception of Kane's character radically changes as you keep watching. He starts off being presented as "one of the greatest men in the world," and seeing both how he came to be and how he changed really makes you feel attached to him.
Spoiler HTML code

SPOILERS

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]